2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (4th)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Oct 4, 2016.

1. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please discuss only about football here.

Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    OCT6. mark it down on your calendars.

Farhad Khan repped this.
  3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    0900 EDT.

4. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Also I hope Korea wins Qatar. I don't care about standings but Korea is the only team I have respect for and hope joins Iran as 2nd or 1st in the group. (This is mainly due to how Uzbekistan and Qatar worked together in last WCQ and have a really chance of doing it again knowing their corrupt state in this FOOTBALL matter) Korea and Iran need to win as many points as possible so they can't pull that crap again. Not sure about Syria, hopefully they'll keep their heads up and do their best!

Let's go Iran and S. Korea! Of course the Azadi game, I have to root for Iran :D

olimpialv, Mani, edlee1992 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    for some reason some people act like uzbek football is sportsmanlike, but this is simply not true. i remember in our asian cup 2007 group stage match the uzbek football team played football in a dirty manner. and as you mentioned, for wcq2014 their football team also collaborated with the qatari football team in the last match, but failed.

what do our uzbek football fans have to say about this? @Diego Aguirre

Farhad Khan repped this.
  6. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anything can happen, that goes to both Iran and Korea. We know Uzbekistan away and even at home is a tough fixture.

I hope we come up with at least 4 points after the next 2 games

7. 2002

2002 New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Some very key players for Korea are coming into fine attacking form. I wouldn't be surprised if Korea crash Qatar at home and get a positive result in Iran.

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #8 +PL+, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Iran vs Uzbekistan match's possible line up according to AFC website:
    http://the-afc.com/2018-fifa-world-...iers-third-round-uzbekistan-v-ir-iran-preview

UZB_vs_Iran.jpg

It needs minor corrections. Iranian preferred goal keeper is Beiranvand not Haghighi and our RW is more likely to be Torabi not JB (he is just recovering from an injury). I have highlighted the strength of each team with yellow lines. Yellow arrows point at direction of possibly most of offensive movements by both teams.

Uzbeks will try to reach Iranian goal from their right side which will be challenging Iranian LW and LB. We have seen a combination of Vahid Amiri as LW and Hajsafi as LB does not have the right defensive advantage. Milmo is as better defender as well as faster player to help on counter attacks but he lacks enough experience for this match but hosseini can cover him up partially. Rashidov can cause some trouble for Iran.
    https://makeagif.com/i/KNRBmG
    http://makeagif.com/i/YFbHOv

Iranians are strong at the center midfield and right wing as well as up front. My prediction is that Iran will try to push and dominate from center and looks at crosses from right wing. Uzbeks don't have Akhmedov which means they might lose the battle in center of the field after 20-30 min, but they have a solid LB which may block Iranian advances. Only a fast and physical player can pass Denisov, someone like S.Korean Chaduri.
    [​IMG]

Torabi and JB both are fast players but both lack enough strength. Rezaian has the speed and strength but lacks precision. My prediction is we can capitalize on this section after 70 min when Denisov is out of gas.
    https://makeagif.com/i/lIGFl7
    https://makeagif.com/i/YIFTQe
    https://makeagif.com/i/06B1hX

There might be time to time counter attacks on LW which depends on how much pressure Uzbeks can put on our LB. If our LB won't be under the enough pressure Milmo and Amiri/Torabi/Hajsafi can cause enough damage to secure a victory for us. Our last goal against Uzbekistan came from this area.

[​IMG]

This highlight of our last friendly match shows the weaknesses of both teams.

Players who should absorb extra pressure will be Denisov, Shukurov and Krimets from Uzbekistan and Mohammadi and Hosseini from Iran. Mohamadi, Shukurov or Krimets might cave in. Both Tuthtakhodjaev and Rezaian might come under pressure on counter attacks.

[​IMG]

http://90tv.ir/news/311305/کی-روش-و...-اروپا-بازی-میکرد-یک-خبر-خوب-و-یک-خبر-بد-دارم

CQ: Our players are almost ready in most of positions. Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah are both at good condition coming from injuries. [regarding Williams] We should focus on the match, errors can happen by players or referees and it is part of the game. You will see a good team work tomorrow by Iranian NT.

Babayan: We have analyzed Iranian team very good. Akhmedov is in better condition and might play tomorrow. Football is unpredictable but we have to win this match.

Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    October 6th is coming. :thumbsup:

KiarashM, Uzbekistan2006 and Farhad Khan repped this.
  10. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    CQ might go for it and put Torabi at RW and Rezaeian at RB. Overload Denisov with pace and strength. Mohammadi is a must as his recovery speed is unrivaled in Asia.

Montazeri wont play but PAG's height and headers might be an asset like it was vs Iraq in Asian cup.

11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Samvel Babayan, Uzbekistan
    “Thursday’s game see us come up against the group favorites. They are the number one ranked team in Asia and they have many high level players playing at European teams. But we have studied Iran very well and we will try to show good football.

“They are all strong teams at this stage of qualifying. For example, Syria showed a good performance against both us and Korea Republic in the first two matches. Each game we play becomes the most important game at this stage. But we are thinking only of Iran now. We watched many of their games and we will try to find way to beat them. My players are ready for any situation in the match and our aim is to win.”

Carlos Queiroz, Iran
    “We will play against the best team in our group on Thursday. Uzbekistan won their first two matches and are leaders in Group A. Nonetheless, my team will try to secure the win for the Iranian people. My team is clearly improving year on year. When I began to work in Iran we had only one player playing for a European side, now we have 11 who are at various clubs in Europe.

“[Ashkan] Dejagah and [Alireza] Jahanbakhsh were injured some time ago, but they have recovered and are ready to play against Uzbekistan. It is good news for Iran and bad news for Uzbekistan. Of course, Iran has star players aside from those two, we are a team not individuals, and we have no player selection issues for the game.”

13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    typical from CQ. he forgot to mention that iranian futsal beat his portugal. we have not "improved" year by year. when he came to Iran it was our worst player drought ever. all of our good players had just retired. naturally, it takes some years for a country to grow new talents. he needs to stop taking credit for things he has not done.

Zandi360 repped this.
  14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Remember, remember, the 6th of October!

KiarashM, Farhad Khan and Mani repped this.
  15. Persian Empire

Jan 26, 2016
    California
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    One more day!

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    To add more spice to the already exciting game, Williams is appointed ref :ROFLMAO:

17. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    GOAAAAAAAAAAL IRAN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farhad Khan repped this.
  18. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    1-0 to Iran. No surprises, so far we are dominating in their backyard

KiarashM and Farhad Khan repped this.
  19. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    GOALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! 1-0 IRAN!!

20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    1-nil. 5 MORE TO GO BISHES!

Farhad Khan repped this.
  21. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fantastic pass by Masoud and great header by Hosseini who opens up the Uzbek wounds :D

Farhad Khan repped this.
  22. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn the AFC hub no commentary is WAY TOO BLAND. Someone gimme English commentary!

23. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    3 observations:

1) Williams is trying to not be Williams.
    2) Uzbekistanis look like everything except European like the UZB forum members like to say. I can describe them in every way BUT Eu lol.
    3) We're actually playing semi-attacking football, wow.

KiarashM repped this.
  24. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oh shit GEYNRIKH is coming. Bad moment for Djeparov to get injured

25. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016