2018 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Uruguay

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by toad455, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With all of the futuristic stadiums that we saw in the latest events around the world, the "ancient" flavour of the one in Colonia del Sacramento (1'20" of the video) is not displeasing to my eyes. :)

It's just an old typical place or will it actually be the official venue of some matches at WWC 2018?

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    [​IMG]
    Plaza de toros Real de San Carlos - it was bull fighting arena before 1912 when it was prohibited by government. Now it's mostly ruin.

gricio61 repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, it's a shame: I had the feeling it couldn't be an actual football stadium. It would have been funny, though. :)

5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Schedule disclosed today by FIFA

Attached Files:

• U17.JPG
      U17.JPG
      File size:
      154.7 KB
      Views:
    Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Qualified teams :

Host Uruguay (CONMEBOL)
    AFC North Korea, South Korea, Japan
    CAF Ghana, South Africa, Cameroon
    CONCACAF 3 slots
    CONMEBOL 2 slots
    OFC New Zealand
    UEFA 3 slots

blissett repped this.
  8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The draw for Uruguay 2018, the sixth FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, will take place on Wednesday 30 May, at the Home of FIFA in Zurich.

blissett and jagum repped this.
  9. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    @shlj
    Qualified teams :

Host Uruguay (CONMEBOL)
    CONCACAF 3 slots
    CONMEBOL Brazil, Colombia
    OFC New Zealand
    UEFA 3 slots

shlj and blissett repped this.
  10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Host Uruguay (CONMEBOL)
    CONCACAF 3 slots
    CONMEBOL Brazil, Colombia
    OFC New Zealand
    UEFA Spain, Germany, Finland

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Draw news

• When: Wednesday 30 May
    • Time: 15:00 (CET) / 10:00 (Uruguay time)
    • Where: the Auditorium at the Home of FIFA, Zurich
    • How to follow: Live video coverage of the ceremony will be broadcast on FIFA.com, Facebook and FIFA TV on Youtube

The pots
    The 16 finalists will be placed in four pots of four teams. Each team will receive a number from one to four in their respective pot, depending on their results at previous tournaments.

The seedings for the three CONCACAF countries, whose identities are yet to be confirmed, will be based on the rankings of the three best-performing teams from that region at the last five editions of the tournament.

• Pot 1: Uruguay, Japan, Korea DPR, Spain
    • Pot 2: Germany, Ghana, CONCACAF 1, CONCACAF 2
    • Pot 3: Brazil, New Zealand, CONCACAF 3, Korea Republic
    • Pot 4: Colombia, South Africa, Cameroon, Finland
    Draw procedure
    • The four pots representing the groups will be labelled from A to D
    • There will be four balls in each of them, numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 to represent the different positions in the group
    • The draw will start with “Pot 1” and will end with “Pot 4”. Each pot must be emptied before the draw moves on to the next one
    • Each time a ball is drawn from a team pot, a corresponding ball will be drawn from the group pot in order to determine that team’s exact position in the group
    • As the hosts, Uruguay have already been assigned the first spot in Group A
    • No one group can contain more than one country from the same confederation

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  13. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group A looks wide-open. On recent form, maybe Finland.

Groups B, C, and D all have dragons. And at least one of these groups shall gain another dragon :)

In a fantasy-conspiracy world, could CONCACAF 2 possibly find Group D more palatable than B, and ... choose to end there? I don't see it. Both groups are scary enough. (Obviously, CONCACAF 3 has zero incentive to game anything, since they must win to get in at all.)

Lechus7 repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Agreed... I guess on paper group B looks less heavy than D but both have dragons as you pointed out. Question is which one of two smaller ones (Korea Rep. or Brazil) will feel more manageable for whom of both CONCACAF finalist.

The real scare though (especially for Cameroon), could take place in group C would USA team landed in there (3 dragons) :D;)

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has Brazil won at this level aside from the qualification tournaments? At least Korea Republic has a WC to their name, even if it was 8 years ago.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    "New blood" so to speak is badly needed among women refs. Rapid developement of WoSo (higher tempo and speed of play) demands same from the refs and here lies the problem as many of "established names" in refs world didn't caught with the change.

Good to see Koroleva, Hussein and Mularczyk - imo FIFA should invite all three of them to France.
    Kulcsar and Yamashita are known quality although for various reasons they weren't in FIFA limelight lately.
    Pustovoytova and Reibelt were on the rise not so long ago while Persson is back after she was droped from "the list" last year.
    Venegas and Vulivuli seem "political" choice.
    For Mukansaga and Beaudoin this tourney may prove crucial to stay on "the list"
    Dunno much about Carvajal, Fortunado and Miranda.

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

Artificial turf...?:cautious:

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't remember in this moment which games exactly I saw directed by her, but I remember Lucila Venegas as a good referee, with a commanding but fair style of direction, and, if my (old) memory still serves me, she had done quite well in the previous tournaments where she had been invited.

I agree that Vulivuli is probably in the list mainly because there has to be an OFC representative, but her name has an enough strange sound that I remember having read it before in other FIFA tournaments' lists, so she should have at least some experience.

Lechus7 repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Again??? :eek:

22. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Koroleva? Um, no. (And that's based more on NWSL, and not on her PK mistake in the US-Chile friendly just now.)

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #48 blissett, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Yes, I read about that on the US threads some minutes ago and it looks like a mind-boggling decision: a disallowed goal scored from PK? Really? o_O

24. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PK was disallowed for sure. The actual call is unclear: encroachment? a foul? And no matter how you slice it, the restart was bungled.

blissett repped this.
  25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well if she stands out from "usual" NWSL refereeing standards then it's even better ;) (as I sometimes do find interpretation of FIFA LotG used in that league quite hmm..."peculiar"?)
    Seriously though my opinion about her comes from only a handful of matches, (including only one international) so perhaps there is something on case :unsure: