[2018 Asian Games: Round of 16] Korea vs Iran 2018/08/23

Discussion in 'Korea' started by aeh1991, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nobody is whining. I was just replying to people who were saying Iran’s U23 isn’t good, that this wasn’t really Iran’s U23 team.

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The manager is crap too. But the team selection was the main problem for me. The federation should had forced the domestic clubs to release all the best 18-21 year old players the manager needed or face fines. They should had also taken at least one experienced 22-23 year old player for each line, even if they were not gonna use the wild cards for older players. They wanted a group of younger mostly backup players to gain experience for the Olympics, and that’s fine, but they went about it the wrong way. The result is a round of 16 exit and the players losing self-confidence.

3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    asian games is a noncompetitive tournament played on terrible pitches officiated by inexperienced referees organized by amateurs. id be strongly against sending koreas better players if there wasnt such obvious incentive. other teams are correct to send u21 teams for olympic preparation

aeh1991 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This should be the first sentence of the wikipedia page for Men's Football at the Asian Games.

jessypjs repped this.
  5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That pretty much sums it up. Once upon a time though, winning the Asian Games was almost as prestigious as winning the Asian Cup. That all changed when they put in the age restriction for 2002 edition and it’s just gone downhills since.

6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Gonna wake up to watch the match tmr at 5 am.. It better be worth it when I am fking waking up at 5 am on Monday bf going to work..!!