2018/2019 Transfer Thread - I Have No Clever Title

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, May 22, 2018.

1. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Mousa's gone to China, £11m by all accounts.

Wish he could have got a farewell game, that fella's been an absolute monster for us. That a player with his balance, ability to glide over the pitch and past opponents at will should be such a physically imposing midfield general - well, it's pretty much unheard of.

Big love Mousa, always welcome back :cry:

soccernutter repped this.
  2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I wonder why he wants to go to China - just the money?

3. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think he knows the writing's on the wall with regard to starting much here. There's no doubting how good he is (deliberate choice of tense), but whether he can be relied upon to stay fit is no longer a good bet.

His reputation is sky high after a couple of stellar seasons, so perfect time to cash in and move on.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Great player for us but was clearly on the decline and could barely complete a match at the end. The first sign of concern came to me early in the season when he was no longer able to swat away opposing midfielders and glide up the pitch.

He will be missed and is exactly the kind of player we need going forward.

5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Oh I agree, I was just wondering about his choice of destination. Surely there must have been offers in Europe.

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Definitely money. Can’t blame him, I’m sure he recognizes his injuries are going limit his options both in terms of playing time and salary. He can play in a less demanding league that might extend his career or at least the number of minutes he plays in what remains of his career all the while earning closer to Harry Kane’s wages than Harry Winks’s.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while being thrifty is admirable, Levy needs to realize that this is a top 20 club in the world in terms of financial power, they would do well to act like it once in a while

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think his ambition was there for all to see this summer.

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are you guys suggesting that Levy doesn't plow all of our considerable revenues right back into the club? Or that he should spend money that the club doesn't have?

Levy's ambition is definitely there for all to see … we just can't play in it yet, because of some fire panel bullshit. ;):mad::D:mad:

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Whose fault is that? Uncle Danny cut corners with the contractors to save a few quid on the electricians. As a result, we have had to delay the opening of the ground several months, which will cost the club millions of pounds over the pennies he saved on the contractors, not to mention the repercussions on our non-existent transfer policy and the general embarrassment to the club.

Overall, Levy has guided the club in the right direction, but every so often the old avaricious retail executive comes out in him and it is usually the on-field product that pays the price.

11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I understand it, it was subcontractors, not the ones hired by Levy. It would rather micromanaging to have Levy approve of the subcontractors in addition to the contractors he already hired. Presumably, they were certified properly, so it was just shoddy work, not unlicensed work. To me, it falls on the contractor and subcontractor, not Levy. Seriously, this is a huge project, very high profile, so any ******** up is going to cost those two business in the future if not entirely. To me, that is not on Levy.

BalanceUT and Count Chocula repped this.
  12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    That was my understanding as well.

13. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am saying they are a top 20 club in revenues, but spend like a bottom feeder the last 5 years.

now I am not saying they should wastefully spend like some of the top clubs (and also a garbage club like west ham) do, but they should at least be willing to strengthen the squad a little each season.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    you realize we're in for the better part of a billion quid on the stadium, yes? our outlay is mahoosive … it's just not able to go into players at the moment.

soccernutter repped this.
  15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Georges-Kevin Nkoudou has been loaned to Monaco for the rest of the season. According to reports, Poch and Jesus Perez drove him to Heathrow and when they got within walking distance of the departure terminal, he stopped the car:

NKOUDOU: Gaffer, why you stop the voiture?
    POCH: Get out!!!
    NKOUDOU (looking at Perez): Quoi?
    PEREZ: ¡Fuera, imbécil!

16. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks like all outbound traffic. Janssen may be staying, though.

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had totally forgot Spurs still had him.

18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he's been frozen out by Poch. doesn't even have a squad number.

given our striker issues this month, it rather defies logic; though there's obviously something going on there we don't know. still, it reminds me of Rebrov a bit. if you're 100% not going to play him, just move him on, ffs.

19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    And quite a bit. Seems odd given the injuries and lack of depth at Spurs, but what do I know.

20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    The Batshuayi rumor seems is fookin weird.

21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levy logic: Son showed up. Son scored. No need to bolster team for the drive to the end.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Problem is, he is rubbish, NOBODY wants him, including us.

23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Former Spur Sandro has signed with Udinese, didn't know the Beast was still kicking around. And speaking of back from the dead, Crouchie is off to Burnley!

BalanceUT repped this.
  24. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We sold Stoke Crouch and Wimmer. One of them turned out really well and the other one was Wimmer.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Whatever happened to Wimmer? He had that really good run when Vertonghen got injured during the 2015-16 season and then went to pot.