2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Neither does benfica. 2nd highest debt team in Europe.

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree with you 100%

All this crap is being fuelled by the media(Benfica) in Portugal because they hate BDC and want him out. Ever since JJ came to SCP, it was an all out war even though it was Benfica who tried to bury him somewhere and he decided to come to SCP on his free will. We didn't steal him from Benfica.

When similar shit happened in Guimares, what happened ? Everyone continued on their day to day lives.

When Borrusia Dortmund had some sort of emergency evacuation on their team bus due to a bomb threat I believe, there was no rescinding in contracts.

Because it's Sporting in Portugal, it's top news everyday. Throw in people like Jorge Mendes into the picture and it doesn't help the situation.

This is all sickening what these players are doing. Holding their club hostage because of these events that occured when the real reason is their dislike for the president.

vilafria repped this.
  3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Your reasoning is ********ed.

None of this should ever happen to the players. The president should not threaten players. The players should not be forced to stay at a club.

The players dont hate the president because its the cool thing to do, they hate him because the president is doing his very best to create a hostile and threatening environment for them.

Anyone whos ever taken psych 101 knows that threats and insults are bar none the worst motivators on this planet.

The only reason JJ was even approached by bdc is because bdc wamted a war. Its so obvious man. Ao obvious. Bdc talks about benfica 5x mpre than he does about aporting. He gave a coach a contract he cant afford jist to fuvk with benfica.

It says a lot that you think this shouldnt be top news. The club is being run in to the ground. Sweep it under the rug. The president is sending people to qttack and threaten players. Sweep it under the rug.

Debt doesnt mean much if you have the revenue amd assets to control it. Benfica does.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    In those situations (Guimaraes, Dortmund) the president as far as I know didn't attack the players or even blame them for being assaulted. Also there's enough suspicion to think that he might have been the instigator due to his close relationship with the Juve Leo and his behaviour beforehand.

The media is focusing on us but we did this to ourselves, instead of picking a war with our squad he should have kept picking at our rival.

5. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Only reason they rescinded contracts is because they were attacked!!! If it wasn't for those attacks, these players would never rescind.

You're right, none of this should ever happen to players, but it did and until it's proven that someone(s) was responsible, they should be fired or removed.

Yes, I understand players want to move on and clubs like SCP should've sold them earlier than later, but at the end of the day a contract extension was signed by both parties. If players want to control their own destinies, they should sign shorter deals. Sorry, this is one thing I don't like is players (regardless of sport) forcing their moves.

I understand why they hate him and I can't say I blame them, but to rescind their contracts as a result is absurd. If this happened under a different SCP regime, would players rescind? we'll never know, but probably not.

Has this been confirmed ? If so, i'll be the first one to call for his head, but if it's just someone's opinion, it doesn't make it a fact.

6. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Again, suspicion is one thing. Fact's are another. GEEEEZ, it boggles my mind that we make our judgement calls on hearsay and suspicion, rather than facts.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Even if he wasn't directly responsible, he's been the moral instigator of everything thats happened ever since January and that "give me 75% or I leave" ultimatum.

AlexJones19 and SCP21 repped this.
  8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fair point and to be honest I agree. I like the guy, but I think he's at a point of no return with this club. This is going to get worse before it gets better.
    It's people wanting to crucify anyone based on no concrete evidence that drives me nuts.

When that happened in january, he had about 90% so majority believed he was the guy to run this ship. We could've been voted out, but didn't.

So lets say for argument's sake, we go to elections again in the next month or so and he's re-elected (which wouldn't surprise me btw), what happens? do we as fans force elections again in 4-6 months? What happens if someone else is elected, is the BDC fans going to stir the pot to force new guy out? What I'm getting at this club NEVER has stability. NEVER. It's been ongoing for decades. There's always rats lurking in the background. When does it end?

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I agree - I don't want the Roquette regime back in power either. And BdC was for better or worse a positive influence in that he brought us financial stability and did very positive things to bring us back to competitive levels. And there's no denying that when it comes to the other sports in the club he's done exceptionally well.

But the last few months have been surreal. And he seems to just hate the football side of things. His mistake, unfortunately, was bringing JJ to the club and giving him power. Another mistake is that he has to realize that while we have winning teams in the other sports, our rivals also don't invest as much in those sports. However, they do spend as much or more for their football teams so its more competitive.

Case in point - he was trying to sign Ricardinho for Futsal who is the best player in the world and would give us a clear advantage over every other team. If he expects similar results in football he should try and sign Ronaldo or Messi. I'm glad he's taken steps to sign Inacio again, and even if it wasn't Inacio, he needs to delegate the football management to someone who understands how it works properly and he can concentrate on the financial side of things.

Of course, I'd have more respect for him if he didn't decide to illegally remove an elected board from power (MAG) and cancel his own destitution vote.

heavy1981 repped this.
  10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fair points. I don't think bringing in JJ was a mistake, it was giving him the power that was a mistake, I agree with you there. Inacio should've never left, but it's all to late now.

We did invest in our senior team quite heavily and is still wasn't enough.

I guess with a new president on the horizon and people asking for more academy players, we can go back to fighting for 3rd place with Braga for next couple of years.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I dont think its q new president and people asking for academy players thats gonna make us fight for third. Its that literally no established player wants to play for us.

Was Batta flat out saying he wants to leave today still not enough evidence for you btw? Or is it still benfica making the media exagerrate?

12. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Evidence of what?
    you're comparing comments made by same player on two separate occasions?
    Think about what you're commenting on before you do so.

nonetheless, everyone should prepare for the future of SCP which is going to be 4th, 5th, 6th place finishes, regardless of who's in charge.

I don't foresee any potential scenarios that will state otherwise. There's no candidates that tell me they can right this ship.

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Two comments that clearly had the same message but you accused one of only having that message because, of course, benfica.

14. Davido40SCP

Davido40SCP Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    maybe this player exodus will require Sporting to rely on the academy based players that have been loaned out solely next year and when everyone expects us to have a down year we go for a cup run e.g. Porto this year

15. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently we may potentially sign RB Bruno Gaspar who was receiving interest from Benfica a week ago and has reportedly also garnered interest from Wolves. I know a few were high on him after his last season at Guimaraes.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would be cool but I doubt anyone has time to sign anyone right now.

No way he'd choose us over any of those clubs either if were being honest.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today we've been linked to Scolari as coach.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sa Pinto said today that the time isn't right to return to Sporting due to the current club situation.

Don't be surprised if our new director of football Inacio also ends up being the coach because nobody wants to come to us right now.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumours swirling that Bruno Gaspar is negotiating with us. The Fiorentina RB went to Italy a year ago from Guimaraes for 4M euros but and has played 17 games for the Italians.

If another RB is coming in, it could mean Piccini is gone.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Bruno Gaspar joins Sporting CP from Fiorentina on a 5 year contract. 60M release clause.

http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

A Sporting Clube de Portugal – Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com a ACF Fiorentina, de Itália, para a aquisição do passe do jogador Bruno Miguel Gaspar.

A Sporting CP – Futebol, SAD assinou um contrato válido com o jogador Bruno Gaspar até 2023, com uma cláusula para futura transferência no valor de 60 milhões de euros.

Sporting CP – Futebol, SAD deseja as maiores felicidades a Bruno Gaspar neste regresso ao futebol português.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol pretty shocking tbh.

Very curious about the new manager now. Gonna guess Inacio.

22. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Solid pickup. Piccini was too one dimensional, solid defensively but really didn’t offer much going forward. Would think we’d keep Ristovski for the bench as he can fill in RB as well as on the wing, provides more depth IMO.

I wonder if our relationship with Fiorentina helped this one out, cause it is a little surprising lol

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Piccini must be sold, hopefully we get a good fee. We picked him up for 3M a year ago, there's been rumours Sevilla is interested and I'd say anything between 10-15M would be a good sale.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Scolari confirmed there were dealings to sign him, but he said he appreciates the invitation but cannot accept.

He is the second coach to turn us down after Sa Pinto. New rumours say Miguel Cardoso at Rio Ave, although I've also seen Marcelo Bielsa (Bielsa / BDC combo would be FANTASTIC)

25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    So what are the chances Gaspar takes his signing bonus and rescinds his contract tomorrow?
    :D :D :D