2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Replied in the other thread. Its fine, we have a president thats keeping the clubs best interests correct?

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    these contracts that are rescinded, is it final? Can SCP contest? What does the law say with regards to this ?

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They can contest, and I'm sure BdC will, but until a decision is made they'll be free to do what they want.

Not sure what will happen if they sign for another club and then are told the contract stands?

Either way, the only player who I don't think will be allowed to rescind is Podence. He wasn't even present during the attacks. It's a bit of a douchy move from him. He just wants to get more playing time.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If they sign with another club and the courts give a favourable decision to scp, they will be ordered to pay the club. The vice versa is also true.

I think they have 7 days to reverse the decision - if more players rescind it could force bdc's hand or one of his board members to step down, although I doubt it.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't hold players hostage. And that's certainly how some of the players felt even before the drama. The 40-60 million buyouts look good on paper, but ultimately playing such hard ball over transfers makes players resentful and feeling like they are missing chances. Any major outgoing transfer has been made as painful as possible by BDC. And I get it, to a certain extent, he sees Benfica and Porto profiting off of big sales and wants to emulate that. Cool. But overall it seems these players are at this point, with drama included, willing to take extreme measures to move on. It's mismanagement.

SCP21 repped this.
  6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would they determine the value of the player after the fact?

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Timing on sales has been Sportings problem for over a decade, BdC just exasperated it.

It's obviously his goal has always been to emulate PdC, but he's just not as smart or as good a businessman. PdC always knew when to let the players leave, even if it wasn't for as much as he wanted.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Likely would be to pay the remainder of the contract? Or perhaps there's a clause in their contracts for this scenario.

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The Rui Patricio thread on forumscp is giving me a migraine. I'm kind of in shock that this seems to be the consensus mentality. BdC would absolutely get re-elected if it came down to it. What the players are doing now probably only fuels that.

10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #85 SCP21, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah, I have no doubt BdC would get re-elected. It's unbelievable tbh. No matter what angle I try to look at it, I just don't understand how anyone can still possibly be on his side.

What option did Patricio have? He tried to leave properly but wasn't allowed.

Edit - just went on forumscp... man it boggles the mind. Not one post in support of him. Makes me so sad reading that stuff. All insults.

Estou a ver a conferencia de BdC no Youtube, fds mas que Rei e este homem.
    Nao tenho a minima duvida que temos o melhor presidente da historia do Futebol no nosso Clube, ORGULHO !

Quanto ao rei dos frangos, que se va f**** bem longe esse filho duma granda p*** !
    E que nao se esqueca do carcanhol este mal agradecido do c******.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    And when the squad decides to do the same? When Bruno Fernandes whose been the star and everyone loved him does the same thing because, like any rational employee, feels that his employers are not providing a safe and adequate working environment?

"Viva BDC, Bruno Fernandes é tripeiro, jogador das distritais"

Meanwhile...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nelly29 and SCP21 repped this.
  12. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Check out the Podence one too. Just a couple weeks ago the consensus was that our season started to fall apart around the same time this craque got injured. Now he's just a useless midget.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Fans are fickle , wasn't CR7 booed a lot this and last season at the Bernabeu by the Madridistas ?

14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fans are fickle, this is true

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Problem is we have a fickle fan as President.

16. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    This entire thing makes me stomach turn...... it will even hurt my enjoyment of the World Cup TBH

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea but how can you excuse Podence for this? There wasn't an offer, he wasn't denied a move, he wasn't at the training ground when the attack. ******** that mother ********er.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Problem is we have a benfica obsessed president. Players resfinding their contracts today, and how many times has he managed to bring up benfica?

Could you imagibe Daniel Levy ever bringing up arsenal ljke that? Its embarassing.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Difference is that England hasn't been on a crusade to fix games for Arsenal or marginalize Tottenham.

Look, I'm not denying Sportings mismanagement. BDC should have stepped down weeks ago But let's not act like Portugal is an even playing field

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets not act like we aren't just as bad. Too much evidence that we paid refs, players, all of the above to help us win. Pretending were innocent victims when we are so clearly not shouldn't be a card BdC can still play, but he still does somehow.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    that would be music to the adversaries, both in the club and the rival clubs

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

What evidence? All I see are claims by Benficas corrupt officials to take the heat of their own backs.

No way you pay to fix games and not win shit in the last 14 years.

heavy1981 repped this.
  23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Of course you can. We're just not paying as much because we don't have as much money. Simple.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    How do you think the club will be come the start of the season with all this turmoil?

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Same as always, ready to play.