2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Media also saying Nani is on his way to MLS to join Orlando City.

2. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Just saw that. His move is a lot more surprising than Montero's. I remember seeing a piece of news linking Nani to an MLS move but I never thought it would happen before at the last the end of the season. Since 2010, his career hasn't stop going down. The good news for him is that he can't possibly go any lower than Orlando City. We probably won't ever see him again with the NT, and that's not the end of the world, TBH.
    As far as SCP is concerned, it looks those who can flee do it before the ship sinks.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    IDK he has class, but at several points I was frustrated, he was slow in making decisions, he doesn't have the pace he used to. Plus he's likely on a high salary. I feel this is just us starting to clean house and preparing for next season.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #729 SCP21, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Didn't want to believe this rumour. I think its a mistake. Despite all the criticism he gets for some reason, he still is one of the only players to make a difference on this team.

Getting rid of the only academy player that doesn't hate Sporting and one of the only to ever return just seems like a bad business decision. Especially when the academy is in the worst position its ever been.

We're now left with Bruno Fernandes as the only enigmatic player. I'm sure he's regretting re-signing and will do everything he can to leave in the summer. What a shambles..

Edit: At the end of the day, this just shows how little money we really have. It's going to take years to recover from BdC's damage. We don't even have academy players to sell like we did in the past. Literally don't know how we can expect to turn a profit. Those lawsuits are going to be huge.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't think everything is as bad as it seems. Moving Montero and Nani now is clearly an attempt to cut wages in preparation for next season, and since we won't have CL next season it's clear we'll have to make a big sale to fund our transfer budget. Bruno is definitely leaving, we just need to squeeze out as much money as we can as that money will be reinvested into the squad.

We'll see how Plata turns out, maybe he'll break out and make us forget Nani. Since our academy isn't what it was, we have to scout for talent elsewhere and hopefully this new scouting team can produce.

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani is trash. Who cares.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nani officially joins Orlando City on a free transfer.

"A SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL – FUTEBOL, SAD ("Sporting SAD" ou "Sociedade"), vem, nos termos e para efeitos do cumprimento da obrigação de informação que decorre do disposto no artigo 248º-A n.º 1 do Código dos Valores Mobiliários, informar o mercado que, nesta data, foi formalizada a revogação, por mútuo acordo, do contrato de trabalho desportivo celebrado entre a Sociedade e o jogador Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha (Nani)."

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Shame. Hugely underappreciated I think. Model professional too. Another casualty of BdCs regime.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #734 fdasilva, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    It's actually happened. SCP and Luc Castaignos agree to mutually terminate his contract with immediate effect. The SCP legend has been with us since 2016 (feels like 2006) and scored an impressive 0 goals in 17 appearances.

With this we've seen 12 players exit SCP since the begnning of 2019:

Castaignos (contract termination)
    Nani (joined Orlando City)
    Montero (joined Vancouver Whitecaps)
    Alan Ruiz (loaned out again to Aldovisi)
    Bruno Cesar (joined Vasco da Gama)
    Carlos Mane (loaned to Union Berlin)
    Lumor (loaned to Goztepe)
    Marcelo (joined Chicago Fire)
    Misic (loaned to PAOK)
    Ryan Gauld (loaned to Hibernian)
    Viviano (loaned to SPAL)
    Sturaro (loan terminated)

10. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I don't understand this. Castaignos was our bonafide starting striker. Losing him is a huge loss and a massive hole in our offense. Last time i was this shocked is when we got rid of barcos.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    How fitting that a club that was sinking got rid of Barcos.

I'll show myself out.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Renan Ribeiro officially joins us for 1M euros. He was on loan from Estoril.

Salin likely leaves for free in June and Renan can very well be a good backup... but we need a quality GK to be first choice.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    SCP released a communique detailing all the player movements in the off season. Glad we're being transparent with our signings/departures.

Communique: https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/clube/comunicados/2019-02-20/comunicado-sporti

Full list of transfers: https://scpconteudos.pt/sites/default/files/comunicadomercadoinverno20fev19_vf.pdf

To summarize though:

Idrissa Doumbia was our biggest signing, costing 3.8M euros total for 100% of his rights. His previous club Akhmat retains the right to 25% of any future profit.

Cristian Borja cost 3.1M euros total for 80% of his rights. We retain the right to purchase the remaining 20% until December 2019.

Tiago Ilori cost 2.4M euros for 60% of his rights. We retain the right to purchase the remaining 40% until February 2020.

Plata cost 1.075M euros for 50% of his rights.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Time to cash in on Dost while we still can.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Dude sux

16. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This entire organization sucks, especially with Varandas running the ship. Wonder how long it's going to take for Socios to force him out. Hopefully before Alvaro Sobrinho has majority control of this team.

Back to the mediocre days where finishing 3rd place is like winning a championship.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm not his #1 fan but we need some stability. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least the signings he made in January seem to be good ones. Let's judge him after the summer transfer window and how we start next season.

ScpBoy77 and SCP21 repped this.
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    When were we out of those mediocre days?

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    O Jogo says Bruno Fernandes has a "gentleman's deal" to leave the club if a bid comes in for 35M, similar to how Acuna can leave for 20M. Unfortunately I can see that being true as a way for the player to return, although there's no confirmation of that. His official release clause is 100M.

Daily news "A Bola" says Man United is going ahead with negotiations to sign him. Under normal conditions I would sell him for no less than 60M considering his importance and how much money Premier League clubs spend on players.

I wonder if Dost has a similar clause...

21. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where were you the last 3-4 years were we were actually in it to the end and not out of the race by christmas?

SCP_16 repped this.
  22. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When do we judge? When is it's too late? When the team is runned into the ground? Varandas is not a president for SCP and it's only a matter of time before he's gone. Mark my words.

SCP_16 repped this.
  23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BF only gets 35 mil? Arguably the best player in this league, and he only gets 35M. I can Already see it now, 35 mil, minus a fee here and there, and SCP will get 20M.
    If Varandas lets this happen, it'll be just another nail in his coffin as president.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You may be right, he may turn out to be a bust. But like we've heard a million times, we clearly are having a transition season, with a hugely imbalanced team not built by the current administration, a loss of our key valuable players for 0 money (Who I also blame, some were opportunistic) - again, not the fault of our administration. No way we were going to compete this year with a reigning champion in Porto and a Benfica team with the most depth and quality in their academy in many years. Both clubs who have one thing in common: stability.

Thats why I can't see it being reasonable to demand him to step down, and trigger another election cycle, another huge transition in the board and staff, another transition season... that's why I'm gonna really judge him starting from the summer.

dipluso repped this.
  25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Valid points and I respect your opinion.

I'm just worried that he should've used this season to prepare and nothing is being done so instead of getting off on the right foot next year, we're not going to be prepared and essentially be out of all competitions by Christmas again.