2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems to me a way to get around not having much money is to try and sign players whose contracts are ending in 6 months.

Just had a look at a list here and there's some good names we could go for: https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

Kenny Lala is having a great season at RB for Strasbourg in Ligue 1 and his contract is expiring. Rafael from Lyon is another option.

Mangala (ex-Porto defender) has barely played for Man City and could be a replacement for Mathieu or Coates.

At least if we started preparing for next season with some quality upgrades we could start next season on the right foot, and if they flop at least we didn't pay 6 or 7M for them (of course these free agent signings always have commissions).

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As a organization as a whole, we're going backwards. Our senior team is what it is. You're right we'd be at the bottom without those two, but still look like a mediocre team and our mgmt team is nowhere to be seen. I don't hear a peep from Varandas. We don't know what he's working on. Look at the rest of the sports. We were so great at futsal and we just lost to a no name team 8-7 I believe and struggling.
    This structure is not good and from the outside looking in, this clubs looks like it's going back to the Godinho/Bettencourt days.

It's tough to watch.

SCP21 repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't think anyone had Varandas as first choice here on the forum, unfortunately there are so many hidden interests in this club that it's tough to move forward. Benedito was my pick, even when he lost (even though he had more votes) he was gracious about it and his words just screamed 'leadership'. I think he will run again in 3-4 years and with renewed support and more experience, he can win.

I'm willing to give Varandas some leeway until end of this calendar year, after he's had a full summer transfer window to make deals and see what also happens with the court battles with our ex-players before passing final judgement. I'll give him points for restructuring the football hierarchy, we were in the dinosaur age and he's signed people with good reputations for scouting and trying to modernize the way we scout players, and also trying to renew our academy which has fallen behind our rivals. These things take time though.

Zenit interesting in Acuna, apparently we're willing to sell now in January for 20M. I would sell him and try and get Guillerme Arana from Sevilla - they are looking to offload him and would be a good LB for us. Zenit also has two players that they want to sell - Rigoni and Kranevitter - Rigoni would be a great option for winger but we have those already, Kranevitter on the other hand would be a great pick-up for midfield.

SCP21 and natenate101 repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yea, It's far too early to be shitting on Varandas. Just 7 months ago, our fans were fighting our own players and players were canceling their contracts. We barely have a team and we were in the running up until last week.

We've basically over-performed up until now.

natenate101 repped this.
  5. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    The Doumbia deal is done apparently and should be arriving within the next few days.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yup we'll see how he turns out, we need some of these signings to actually be good.

7. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I can't remember the last time we signed someone half decent during the January transfer window. lol

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    O Jogo says we have guaranteed the signing of Luis Neto from Zenit on a free transfer for next season. A Bola and Record with the same rumour.

Record's cover mentions that Benfica made a last ditch effort to steal Doumbia from us, but that they didn't want to pay the same money we offered.

Acuna also linked with a 20M move to Zenit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno Cesar ???:rolleyes:

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Stephen Eustaquio, who was linked with a move to us from Chaves, has officially joined Cruz Azul for around 4M euros for 50% of his rights.

I had a feeling Chaves were asking for a lot of money, I bet this is the reason he didn't come to us.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Sporting CP have completed the signing of Idrissa Doumbia (midfielder) from Russian side Akhmat Grozny.

https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

A Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com FC Akhmat Grozny para a transferência definitiva do jogador Idrissa Doumbia.

A Sporting CP - Futebol, SAD assinou um contrato válido com Idrissa Doumbia até 2024, com uma cláusula de rescisão no valor de 60 milhões de euros.

A Sporting CP - Futebol, SAD deseja as maiores felicidades pessoais e profissionais a Idrissa Doumbia

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The league is ours...

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL. Well one step at a time. At least the board is tackling the positions that need strengthening, the DM spot is something we're sorely lacking. Hopefully this is someone that's been scouted thoroughly, because it's rumoured to be 4M euros for a 20 year old player.

For what it's worth, here's a video of him:

natenate101 and SCP21 repped this.
  14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LOL

Gotta admit, that was good!

heavy1981 and SCP21 repped this.
  15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Interesting that he said he wants to reach the level of Yaya Toure and Pogba, neither of which are DM's. Are we sure Doumbia is a DM?

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Saw those comments. Seems like he wants to play further forward. I noticed that he seems to like to go forward. Everyone has said he's coming to play as DM, we'll see how Keizer plays him.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Argentinian club Aldosivi, 9th ranked in their domestic league, announced they have signed Alan Ruiz on loan for a season. He was previously on loan to Colon.

Lost cause.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Howd he do at Colon? Wasnt he supposed to be amazing there before we signed him?

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Terrible time, had a few appearances but hardly impressed and was criticized for his performances.

SCP21 repped this.
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Tiago Djalo is apparently set to join AC Milan. One of our most promising players and we're gonna lose him for free.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Misic loaned to PAOK for a season and a half, with an option to buy for 2M euros for 80% of his rights.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well that's his choice. If he wants to ruin his career like Joao Carlos Teixeira, Edgar Ie, Agostinho Ca, etc.

F*ck em.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Kevin Rodrigues, LB from Real Sociedad and Portugal international, has been linked with a move to SCP. His father says a deal could be done for him this week. Possibly a loan for 1.5 seasons with option to buy.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would be a definite upgrade.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The SCP legend that is Sturaro will join Genoa until the rest of the season on loan from Juventus. At least the deal was to not pay a dime until the player was fully fit, so if that was true, we didn't spend any money on him.

nelly29 repped this.