2018/19 Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Aug 30, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    0-1 HT. Shockingly Bad.

2. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Pretty brutal to watch

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coates has had more chances at goal than Dost, Raphinha or Jovane up front.

4. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Acuna's first yellow card is looking even stupider now....

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Acuna sent off for a stupid foul. I bet after this game Zenit will lose interest in him.

This team is just getting worse and worse. Does anyone think Keizer is the long term solution? I get that a lot of these players suck but today has just been awful.

Fans in the stands now chanting "joguem a bola"

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We are dog shit.

This is what happens when you vote in a soft ass president and a has-been scrub coach from the Saudi league.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah before them we were unstoppable

Crooked repped this.
  8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Varandas is also to blame. Before those 2 derbies against SLB he came out and said things like "there are players that dont have quality here." Yeah, he's not wrong, but a president doesnt say that publically, he's supposed to motivate and then at the end of the season deal with it. That's the stuff BdC used to do and was criticized for. Have we not learned?

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What did we do to get better?

heavy1981 repped this.
  10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    0-1 final. Not only can we not defend, now we struggle to create chances. The team is getting worse each game. I have a feeling Keizer wont last, but obviously its not just the coach.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah now that the presidency is settled and theres no danger of players rescinding, this summer should be the true rebuilding. This season was always a write off, but a clean out is needed in the summer. Get rid of Keizer, JJ's assistants, 3/4's of the squad and start from scratch. Next year is probably a write off as well but we should hopefully get a good base for the year after.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's nice that we were able to set this competition aside and help out Villareal in their time of need.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Funny thing is why did we sign Keizer for 2.5 years? It's clear Varandas picked him to be the man for the 'project'. Also thanks Leonardo Jardim for supposedly suggesting him.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just based off Kaizer's body language, I can see Varandas telling him this year is a wash and to just ride it out and get full control over the squad in the summer.

The dude seemed absolutely not concerned with how terrible this team played.

15. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't expect SCP to win at Nou Camp or Man City more than I was expecting them to lose today against a team struggling to avoid relegation in spain. This is beyond pathetic. I mean, can't they really do any better than that?
    I am not even upset at Marcel Keizer for accepting what's for him a lifetime opportunity. I am concern at the folks responsible for making decision like they know what they're doing. Did they really think Keizer was going to do any better than Peseiro? This totally sounds like a Vercauteren part II, and will equally not end well.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I got the sense he's just lost, but you could be right as well. However LFV said the same thing about Rui Vitoria and eventually he had to let him go. Results matter most.

I know some might not like this, but Coates to me should be captain. Coates can have bad games sometimes but he always always has that fighting spirit and leadership qualities that we need. I think of guys like Ramos at Real Madrid or even Luisao previously for Benfica, they don't always have amazing games but they rally the guys. Currently Nani and Bruno are captains but I can see both leaving in the summer and we need leadership.

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I disagree tbh. One of the only games this year that I think I've seen him actually put in a solid effort.

Of those three names I genuinely hope he's the first to leave. He's mediocre at best and his flaws really are exposed when Mathieu isn't covering for him.

18. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes. that's what i've heard. not sure if true.

19. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    seems like every year for last 20 years is a write-off.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Isn't this what the people voted for though.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    That's what happens when a president tries to destroy a club

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol they're in for a ride awakening. Luis wouldn't even start for their u19 team.

23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Varandas is trying to destroy a club?

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't think so. But Godinho, Bettencourt, and especially BdC really gave it their best shot.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ya, we're not going to go down this road again. we'll certainly agree to disagree on this subject.