2018-19 Euro Leagues

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    But do my Gyassi Zardes Hype Train and Let's Praise Midfield Boss Tony Tchani or Magic Simon Elliott threads get you worked up? Or are they so palpable in their positivity, sincerity, and enthusiasm thus rendering your additional support unnecessary?

2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarcasm.

For some reason you want half our team and coach fired. It’s MLS. Get a grip.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How dare you. You know that’s not true.

I’m starting to get the feeling that my love for you is unreciprocated. And I’m sad.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  4. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget minor league players like cristiano ronaldo and mo salah. That Kepa guy played for some provincial team in spain as well. Mugs, all of 'em.

hangthadj repped this.
  5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Onto other loves, first loves, and my greatest love....CALCIO.

ESPN+ has up their first weekly Serie A show. 48 minutes long a season preview. It's wonderfully done. Major league production.

I was nervous about the transition to ESPN+ and I still have some reservations. But after years in the wilderness on BeIN, with stuff like Total Italian Football and The Serie A show this seems like night and day. If this is the kind of product we are gonna get from ESPN and IMG for the duration of the contract, we are in good hands. The perception of Serie A, for many, will change on the production value alone.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not that you asked, but since my stew is still simmering, here is my take on Roma's mercato.

It's difficult to say whether Monchi misread the market (again) or if this is a long range plan. Either way it's been frustrating.

Roma has spent, I think, the 8th-10th most in Europe this summer window. With that sort of spending you expect results. I'm not one of these Liverpool dweebs that justifies spending by "net spend" if you sell, you spend the money to improve the team.

Roma's depth is better. There is no doubt about that. At the same time Pastore is the only signing you can look at that may have cracked last year's starting lineup, depending on who we are facing. Maybe Cristante as well. IMO, he should be starting over Strootman, as much as that breaks my heart to say.

110 million gets us that? Depth? Another few years to wait to challenge? It's extremely frustrating.

That said, I love how EDF manages the team. I think he's proved last year he's very good at squad rotation. This is something Spalletti never managed well. Neither did Sarri. Allegri has. That's why the past few seasons Juve has retained the title against challengers.

I'm hopeful for top 4. And this season, I'd likely put money on it. But with Suning investing properly in Inter now, Elliott at Milan, and the FIGC and Agnelli's investing in Juventus I fear that the south has missed their window. I fear Northern Italy calcio dominance for the next decade plus unless something drastic happens.

hardhead repped this.
  7. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's a good place to watch the Spanish clubs?

Bit of a Celta Vigo supporter thanks to FM and would like to catch some of their games this year.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    beIn sports if your cable provider has it will show 3-4 Spanish games a week and talk about them ENDLESSLY on their studio shows.

The downside is you have to watch Spanish football, and even worse you need to listen to Ray Hudson.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  9. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    worldsoccertalk.com suggested this - https://www.fubo.tv/lp/v2/getlaliga.html?irad=368594&irmp=330866

Anyone have experience with it?

10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Ch(Elsey) and CybrSlydr repped this.
  11. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome - I have a Roku. Sounds like a good idea then!

12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I have a friend who watches Liga Nos on demand that way. I thought about it too since I sorta follow Benfica. But the package that carries Benfica TV was $20 month, so I will just watch what I can see on Gol TV, even though their production is terrible.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What version Roku do you have? I need to upgrade mine.

14. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe mine is the Express version - folks got it for me for Christmas last year and I quite like it.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-HD-Streaming-Player/dp/B01LXJA5JD

Of course, having to move a cursor with a D-pad to type on a keyboard for searching is a hassle, but once you add it to your channels, it's not a problem.

We watch F1 races, EPL replays of games we miss, Amazon Prime/Hulu/Netflix/HBO on it and it works great. Mom loves it for MLB TV so she can watch the Pirates.

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You tend to poo-poo any critique of the EPL. It simply is not anywhere near as competitive as MLS. Sure, it's more competitive than the Bundesliga. But not by much--and that's wasn't my argument anyway.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may give it a look this season. I've not had the chance to watch Italian soccer very much in the past.

17. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is there a formal submission process on which ex-MLS leagues/teams I watch so that my enjoyment can be approved? How does one become part of the fun-police committee?

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Fair enough

kgilbert78 repped this.
  20. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN+ got the FA Cup rights. The $4.99 seems to look better and better. If they stole the Copa Lib from Fox that would be perfect for me.

How the heck can ESPN+ be $4.99 and Fox's Match Pass be $19.99 a month? Either fox significantly drops their price or ESPn raises theirs.

21. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Is espn+ free from cable entanglements? IE you don’t need a cable subscription to watch their stuff.

22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pay 5 bucks and you get it all.

Tobias C repped this.
  23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Evidently that site is bullshit and nobody receives confirmation emails from that site. We're going back to the old more reliable site instead.

Site: www.fantasyseriea.com

League Name: Curva Columbus

Join Code: TnZcNuEMGXTw

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It looks like Roma has signed Nzonzi pending a physical. That's an incredible signing for Roma. When Kante was having a poor World Cup final Deschamps brought on Nzonzi and pretty much shut down the game. He's a hell of a player and it will be interesting to see how EDF uses/rotates De Rossi and Nzonzi.

Another odd item of note. With that transfer Roma has now spent the third most this window behind only the two of the most despicable clubs in world football, Juventus and Liverpool.

What's stranger is that you can definitely look at Liverpool and Juventus and say they have strengthened their team and their starting 11, it's clear at first glance. Then when I look at Roma I see that we are at least two deep in every position, we have incredible depth. But, when I look at the starting 11 I am not sure it's stronger than last year.

What a strange mercato.

25. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Submit to this

[​IMG]

I guarantee more fun than Cop Rock.

110toyourleft repped this.