2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 6: Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 28, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We haven't yet won away from home in the Bundesliga but our midweek blowout win vs Nürnberg should provide our boys with a much needed morale boost in addition to improving our goal difference. Bayern's shocking week dropping points vs Augsburg and losing to Hertha has completely altered the complexion of this match. This has now turned into a test of Favre's mettle and tomorrow we will learn if he will take full advantage of the situation or let it slip just like the Tactical Genius so often did in his final season.

Anyway it's now win at all costs 'cause if we do we'll be top of the table.

AUF GEHT'S JUNGS! KÄMPFEN UND SIEGEN!

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this match. Good form last game but can we capitalize and take the lead. I expect nothing worse than a draw but would love a 2-1 win. However this young team of theirs isnt bad. I hope the lineup doesn't change a lot. I would love weigl and alcacer in there.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Hakimi Akanji Diallo Zagadou
    Witsel Delaney
    Pulisic Reus Bruun Larsen
    Philipp

Schmelzer is not on the bench so I'm expecting injury issues. Guerreiro is on the bench though. I suppose a start for him or Alcacer is seen as too early.

A win would be nice. It would put 8 points between us and them. Leverkusen had a bad start into a season but got results recently. They'll likely still be contenders for the CL positions. Also, I'm interested in seeing how Havertz will be doing. Should we move on from our 10s, I think he'd be the one worthy of a big investment. Someone mentioned Özil in the other thread. As brilliant as Özil is/was, Havertz could be the future.

podrinje repped this.
  4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Interesting lineup. I guess Schmelzer must have an injury. Not much to complain about. The only change would be to put Kagawa on the bench, but he wasn't great either.

I think we will win this.

EDIT

Havertz is the real deal. We should go all out to get him in the summer, no matter what, but more likely if they miss out on top 4. I would be happy for the club to break our transfer record for him.

I think there will be lots of goals. Leverkusen probably have the most exciting team in the Bundesliga.

5. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Neverkusen have a huge tifo celebrating their cup successes. Regionnalliga West Meister 1968 ha, practically mocking themselves.

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Welp.. that was fun while it lasted

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Oh well, Leverkusen takes the lead.

8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 Dortmund players slipped in the build up

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Is it rainy? Why the slip

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Poor goal to give away. We lost the ball stupidly then two players slipped but it was a great finish.

It would be wrong to have changed the team but as expected Witsel and especially Delanye are struggling with the press. Hopefully when Leverkusen tire they can do better. I still think long term Dahoud and Weigl are the better partnership.

Hakimi has started very well.

11. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh god..... that’s all folks!!

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Hmmm. What a terrible result this is going to end up being.

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    We pretty much are showing today why we can't compete with Bayern Munich.. just a punchless team when we need a goal. Every team gives up a goal that is sloppy or otherwise and it just happens. But we lack the quick strike ability to level it up quickly with a lineup like this. Delaney kills me to watch and I think we overpaid for witsel

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    #14 eaglespark, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    I am not angry with this match or Favre's selection. It's a good match and I hope he learns a lot from it.

The defence has actually done well, but inexperience has cost them. A school boy error to try and play with the ball in your box. Zagadou still makes too many mistakes, but his passing is such a weapon. Sadly that mistake has effected his confidence.

Hakimi has been the best Dortmund player on the pitch. He is a real bonus. Reus with very, very limited service has linked up with his attacking team mates well, but they are just not on his level. Larsen has been the best out of the bunch with some good moments.

This match confirms what we know about the midfield. Delaney hasn't got the technique to pass when pressed and Witsel is too slow on the ball.

Alcacer should come on and Dahoud too.

Even if we lose today I hope Favre learns from this to give Weigl and Dahoud a chance in midfield together.
    Diallo is not a left back so if Schmelzer is injured give Raphael a chance.
    Hakimi should clearly be first team.
    Alcacer coming in will be a big bonus.
    Finally we are still a quality wideman/10 short. Reus is brilliant, but he can't do it alone.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not much to say. Our football doesn't look bad but we rarely had scenes within their third. Leverkusen's lead is deserved but it's not like they had anything noteworthy besides the goals that were avoidable but this is how games go sometimes.
    Not sure what we can do. Diallo as LB doesn't work for me. He has almost no offensive qualities on the wing. We saw both Akanji and Zagadou do better there. I guess we'll see Alcacer but we might also need more creativity from our midfield.

Havertz was crucial for both goals by the way.

dragonSLO repped this.
  16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Don't forget to criticise the other players, who make us 'punchless.' Reus is making selfless runs and linking up well. Philipp, Pulisic and Larsen aren't good enough.

17. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    JBL, Wolf and Phillip should be reserved for cup games and bottom half opponents. I wanted Götze to be sold a while ago but we need him to recover and provide some quality in rotating options in attack.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Larsen has been our 2nd best attacking player, but still well short of the quality needed. So maybe, it's not knee jerking when some people say we need a quality 10 (so Reus can go wide) or another quality wide player.

Favre though has watched a lot less of this team than the fans and I am pleased, because he seems to be learning and adjusting from what he sees.

Leverkusen are still vulnerable and with the right subs we can score a few goals.

19. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dahoud on for Delaney. Sancho and Alcacer should replace JBL and Phillip.

Maybe we looked so out of it because there was only one change to the lineup versus Nuremburg. Not enough rotation.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No

I guess Alcacer still not completely fit.

I would bring Sancho on at 60 mins. Dahoud has made a difference.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Gonna be hard to level this game off. Just not a dream designed for two goal deficits.

22. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Alcqcer is on for mp. Sancho next I assume.

23. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Alright JBL pulled one back!

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We get one back. Bruun Larsen scores. Nice cross by Hakimi.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    That play sums our attack. Reus runs back wins the ball and plays an excellent

We are back in it and though Larsen scored it was made by our two best players of the day Reus and Hakimi.

Bring on Sancho and get a point and possibly win this.