2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 26: Hertha BSC vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Mar 15, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Despite not playing bad at all, I had thoughts that he is costing us the game. Not only the missed sitter but also wasting so many chances by being selfish. You can go for goal once or twice and ignore better positioned players but you cannot do that every time.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Of course and I have to wonder how much this is due to him already being at another club? Is he lack footballing intelligence or does he just not care about the team? With Pulisic, especially considering how smart he was when he broke through, I always get the sense it is the latter.

3. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great win. But Guerreiro should have come much earlier - for Pulisic. Then, Hakimi didn't bring anything more than Wolf did. Wolf is getting warm at RB, and with a little experience he'll soon be as good as LP.

kbvb, dips82 and Scheherazade repped this.
  4. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We need to stock up on fullbacks once the window opens but yeah Wolf is a workhorse who fits the role well.

kbvb and astrophyz repped this.
  5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Wolf was injured. Favre signalled to his leg when he came off.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In 2011 and 2012, Jurgen Klopp and his players just played constant attacking football. The attack was the defence, fear had no place. Under TT and LF, it's like they are cautious and scared of losing.

We got lucky. I don't understand why CP still starts. He's gone in a few months. Let's RG play. Why isn't Mo playing? He's the only no. 8 we've got.

We are hanging on in the title race by a thread.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gotze has a broken rib. Ffs

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's not too bad. It's international week and so he should be close to being back for the Bayern game.

9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I think it's mostly the former, but I suspect also a little bit of the latter since I didn't see him celebrating with the players in the end. He sometimes doesn't lift his head up to see where other players are. Kind of disappointing.

The only positive I saw in the game is the fighting spirit and that's definitely very important.

But I didn't see any glimpses of Klopp era football like someone mentioned. We were lucky to get this win. But it's fine given the missing players.

Favre needs to be less cautious again. Play all your attacking cards from the begining: Dahoud, Guerreiro and Hakimi should have started. Don't play Brunn Larsen if you need to score. His work rate is amazing, but he's simply not the quality we need.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gundogan also didn't celebrate with the team when it was common knowledge that he would be leaving.

I'm glad he's gone. He is selfish and he's going to a club where the chances of silverware are slimmer but given the situation with Abramovich, they have much worse problems to deal with.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No the midfield was still too static. Weigl did start making more runs, but Delaney still does a Castro impression when we have the ball in tight areas.

What killed us against Tottenham apart from some key injuries was lack of belief in our players.

Brun Larsen is very average at the minute, but worth keeping around. However, he did gives us a threat in behind. In too many games teams could press us, knowing Gotze wouldn't run in behind.

12. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    It is strange that so many people singled out CP. I thought Sancho was more off his game, glorious assist notwithstanding, since really it was more a glorious finish. In the end, the team created a ton of chances, it was good looking soccer. I am glad they were able to rescue Burki from his gaff, he is allowed a couple a season and shouldn't drop points over one spilled ball. If people were finishing that assist all game, the final score is 10-2. It was just a game of people not getting their tips onto frame.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The frustration with Pulisic in this game was not his lost balls or duels but that he could have contributed so much more to the team's success. Instead, his selfish playing style without endproduct is hurting the team. This was an open game that suited him, he could have been the match-winner. Not by scoring but by setting up goals. If he were a teamplayer, he could have been involved in several goals.

The problem with Pulisic wasn't a lack of converting chances, it's that he didn't take advantage of his good runs. The pass that could have been the assist never came. In almost all instances close to the goal, he tried to shoot himself and ignored his teammates. And he did that in even awkward and hopeless positions. In the end, he had 7 shot attempts but he did little to set up his team. He simply needs to learn that he cannot play like this when the game is drawn and when every wasted chance could be the last.

14. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    CP must be careful not to turn into a slow Adama Traore.

Not seeing why Yanks are so sure his brain will suddenly click and give him the creativity to play CAM when he almost never shows the ability and willingness to do a fake and pass to someone in a better position.

15. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Yes, but that wasn't my statement. Jadon was one-manning it also. And he had a poor game. But his name was unmentioned in the thread. I am not saying CP was good, I was wondering why he was singled out. It seems like he has become a whipping boy. I am not sure why other people think Yanks think X or are sure of Y. It seems like there is some subtext.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho's two assists certainly helped to ease the criticism of him but during the game, I indirectly included Sancho in that criticism when I posted that our young wingers are too egoistical. Pulisic overdid it though and he also did less than Sancho to help create opportunities for other players. No one is saying you shouldn't try to score at all. But there has to be a balance for the benefit of the team and you also have to adjust when things don't work out.
    Maybe it's not mainly a question of selfishness but also a lack of maturity, composure and game intelligence in front of the goal to realize better options. Time will tell.