2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 17: Borussia Dortmund vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Dec 20, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The final match of the year takes place at home against fellow Borussia club Mönchengladbach, who are currently second, making this a Top of the table clash.

Our shock defeat vs Düsseldorf this week means we can't drop any more points, because as I've said before, when you're up against a scumbag club like Bayern the slightest mistake could prove costly.

From what I've read Favre could field a reserve CB next to Toprak. Good thing the winter break starts right after this match.

A final comment on BMG. It's a real shame Ginter and Hofmann never established themselves as first team regulars when they were BVB players, especially now that Reus is the only German who's an undisputed starter, but I'm still happy to see them thriving.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    LP Weigl Toprak Hakimi
    Witsel Delaney
    Sancho Reus Guerreiro
    Alcacer

Weigl, our least physical midfielder, as the CB. I hope it works somehow. Defending corners might be a nightmare. Pieper from the second team seems to be the only other defensive option on the bench.
    Edit: This is Kicker's formation. From the players, as strange as Weigl as CB looks, I don't think this could be a 3 man in offense and 5 man in defense backline.

3. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Massive game

Heja BVB!

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Paco out with injury. Not good start. Gotze in. Going to low scoring affair now

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Sancho scores!!

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    And now 1-1... so much for low scoring

7. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Refs a d*ck, didnt call a single handball including the last one on gladbachs goal...

8. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    45 minutes to right this

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And we win. We created so many chances and scored only 2. Gotze can be so good if he just plays with confidence. He is clearly getting his physical capabilites back.

We absolutely need to hold on to Raphael and Julian.

Concerned about injuries to Diallo, Akanji and Paco. These guys have been injured multiple times this season. In comparison our usual injury riddled players Reus, Gotze and Raphael have been regularly available.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Crucial win as a response to the loss during the week. Very good effort by all involved. But it's worthy to keep in mind that both goals came after counterattacks. It's still hard to break teams down when they are structured with all men in the back.

Götze doesn't look natural in this position but was good, especially as the position with the back to the goal is so unlike him. In this game, Alcacer's injury was a blessing in disguise but I hope it's nothing longterm.
    I don't think much needs to be said about Sancho anymore. He was involved in all goals again. His talent is helped more and more by his improving decision making. He's riding on a high now and that confidence shows. Much will depend on whether he can repeat what he has shown in this season so far. There are things Guerreiro+Hakimi need to work on but they are a natural fit even though Hakimi looks more sound on the right. It seems as if Guerreiro is now the number 1 option on the left.

I hope we get our CBs back soon as we need a good start into the seond half. Our first games are brutal and include the two away games against Leipzig and Frankfurt followed by Hoffenheim.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Sancho is a must have in the line up among with reus, witsel and burki. Without any of them, we arent that good

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really good performance all around. Nice to see Weigl step up in an unfamiliar spot.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Weigl was silky smooth last night. If he can pull this off on a regular basis in the middle, Delaney will be on the bench.

RN is predicting that Paco might not be available for the start of the season.

15. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The winter break couldn't arrive at a better time. Injuries aside we have been losing steam. LF should try integrating Philipp into the attack over the break if we are not signing another striker.

kbvb repped this.