2017 USA Mens Draft Poll -- Group A

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mr Martin, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Which of the five teams is the strongest -- select two

Poll closed Mar 21, 2017.
  1. thedukeofsoccer

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Mr Martin and deuteronomy

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. dlokteff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Eleven Bravo and TheFalseNine

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. joe cleats

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Five teams are in Group A. The top 2 teams in fan voting advance to the semi-finals. The remaining 3 teams are paired up for ranking playoffs.

Group A is:

@thedukeofsoccer
    @Mr Martin and @deuteronomy
    @dlokteff
    @Eleven Bravo and @TheFalseNine
    @joe cleats

Voting lasts for 21 days. Please select two teams.

Teams should post their lineups in the thread, and voters should wait until all 5 teams have posted their lineups.

This vote is part of the 2017 USA Mens Draft game. The draft thread is here:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-official-2017-us-men-draft-game-picks-thread.2038268/

The Draft discussion thread is here:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-official-2017-us-men-draft-game-discussion-thread.2038269/

@bungadiri could you please sticky this thread?

2. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The roster and line-ups for Mr Martin and Deuteronomy is as follows.

Starting XI in a 4-2-3-1 or maybe more 4-1-4-1:

--------------------Altidore-----------------
    --Nagbe---------Nguyen--------McNamara--
    --------------------Diskerud-----------------
    ----------------Kitchen-----------------
    -Bornstein----CCV----Birnbaum----Beltran--

----------------- Howard(c)----------

We have 4 play-makers in midfield to feed Jozy, and Nguyen can also play the #10 role more like a second striker if needed, so Jozy will not be isolated in our team. Nagbe was one of the best US players in Bruce Arena's recent January camp and will play left midfield, which his club coach also says is his best role. McNamara is a high-energy goal creator. Diskerud is a skilled, experienced midfielder with 6 goals in 38 international caps. Kitchen is a solid DM to keep things tight and under control for the play-makers.

Defensively we have the US's #1 keeper, its #1 young CB prospect in Cameron Carter-Vickers, and three experienced, mostly prime-age vets all starting for their clubs in the same roles we have them in. Birnbaum is a proven MLS starter and recent US mens player who started both January Friendlies. Beltran is a solid, experienced MLS RB, while Bornstein has been the only reliable US left back starting in the Mexican League and boasts 38 US caps, including several starts at the 2010 World Cup.

Everyone is in a role they have proven themselves capable of playing.

Subs:

---------------Bruin-------Bunbury------------
    ----Wenger-----------------------------Muyl---
    ---------------Warner----Stanko---------------
    Burch------Woodberry----Steres-----Fossey
    --------------------Johnson----------------------
    ---------------------(Miller)----------------------

Our bench is jam-packed with MLS starters, a Swiss League regular, and one of the US's top U-20 performers (Fossey). Moreover, that depth means we can shift players around quite a bit. Nagbe could move centrally and play the #8 role while Wenger, Muly, or Bunbury could start on the flank in the 4-1-4-1. McNamara can also play a #10/#8 role. Or we could play dual #6s in a classic 4-2-3-1 by adding Stanko or Warner into the XI. Or we could go straight 4-4-2 by moving Nguyen up to second striker, or adding Bruin as a target above Altidore.

We have plenty of professional starters for defensive depth and a top U20 prospect, with cover at each of the back-4 that is arguably 3 deep since Stanko can also play CB and Woodberry can cover the fullback spots, too. In goal we have our Captain, the US's top keeper, we have Sean Johnson ready to step in while Tim completes his recovery or is called up for the Hexagonal, and we have a top young prospect who may see some starting time in Seattle.

Lot's of scoring, play-makers, depth, flexibility, with prime-age proven professional players all over the roster.

deuteronomy repped this.
  3. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do we see the lineups?

4. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams should post their lineups in the thread

5. joe cleats

joe cleats Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My starting lineup:

GK: Bill Hamid
    CB: Walker Zimmerman
    CB: Jared Watts
    RB: Eric Miller
    LB: Chris Tierney
    DMF: Kyle Beckerman
    CMF: Dillon Powers
    AMF: Sacha Kljestan
    RWF: Chris Pontius
    LWF: Julian Green
    CF: Pat Mullins

Bench:
    GK: Cody Cropper
    GK: JT Marcinkowski
    CB: Kenneth Tribbett
    CB/DMF: Andrew Jacobson
    RB/LB: Sheanon Williams
    DMF/RB: Matt Polster
    CMF: Ian Harkes
    AMF/CMF: Paxton Pomykal
    RWF: Marlon Hairston
    WF: Joshua Perez
    CF: Jack McBean

Injury:
    RB/CB: Marvell Wynne

I start with a 4-3-3 formation but it is a very fluid formation, able to turn into a 4-1-4-1 or even a tight diamond 4-4-2. In defense, Zimmerman and Watts will be able to shut down anyone in the middle and will cause a physical nightmare for any forward. Miller is a sold RB and able to move the ball forward and Tierney is a nasty offensive threat on the left. Beckerman is always solid playing right above the back four and is one of the better distributors of the ball in the US pool. Powers and Kljestan will be able to maintain ball possession in the middle third and find the killer pass in the final third. Pontius and Green are able to cause havoc on the wings, whether cutting inside or staying wide. Mullins has shown he can finish his opportunities. There is solid depth at every position with some up and coming talents on the bench as well (Harkes, Perez, Pomykal, McBean). This team has both the experience and the "in their prime" players to last an entire season and make a long run in any tournament.

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bald Eagle-men:

-------------Sapong----------
    -Grella------Lletget-----Pulisic
    Morrow-S. Davis--Roldan--Hollingshead
    ----------Besler--Campbell--------
    -------------Horvath----------------

bench - Khiry Shelton, Richie Marquez, Donny Toia, Gboly Ariyibi, Jeff Larentowicz, Joel Sonora, Tim Melia
    reserves - Kai Koreniuk, Brendan Hines-Ike, Femi Hollinger-Janzen, Daniel Johnson, Travis Worra

I'm playing a high press. I want to force to's up the field with my team mobiliy, work-rate, desire, and defensive instincts. Then capitalize efficiently on the spaces that open up. But my players have the technical ability and creativity to be able to circle back around if need be break down a d a decent percentage of the time. It's the future of of the US Soccer program. That was my plan all along. I fit the personnel somewhat to it, and had players complement each other attribute-wise. I think we saw a glimpse of how the U.S. can use their gifts to succeed internationally with the u-20's against Mexico yesterday. Only they struggled once they got the ball, so that's an area I want to upgrade on, and way I think this is the revolutionary and ideal way for our program to play going forward.

And I think a lot of older, slower teams put together in the field couldn't properly bypass it and counter-attack to counteract it, regardless of their name value. They are built to try and be the bosses, but they are more likely to get bossed, especially with their stock in decline. I also tried to more focus on players whose stocks would go up, or at least maintain, as opposed to decline as we went into evaluations.

7. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This came at the worst time for me to provide an analysis...
    Hopefully,
    @TheFalseNine and I can get something in today.

8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note: I believe Hollingshead is ineligible for tournament unless he is medically cleared from neck injury.

9. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I have time for today is to cut/paste my last line up:

Goalkeepers:
    Brad Guzan - There's Guzan and there's Howard and then there's everyone else. Granted, he's hit a rough patch, but he's still likely the USMNT #1.

Joe Bendik - Personally, I like Bendik. He's a Georgia boy; but he's a damn good shot stopper too. He might not be ready to crack into the USMNT, but he's a solid MLS keeper... He would be a great addition to any team as a #2.

Tyler Deric - Deric isn't going to win any sexy picks awards but he's become a solid MLS keeper. For a #3, that's pretty damn good.

Defenders:
    Tim Ream - One of the most versatile defenders, as well as best distributors in the USMNT pool. He'll feature at LB for us, but I'm comfortable putting him anywhere on the back line, maybe even at CDM. It'll depend on Arena's style but he could force his way onto the US starting line up.

Tim Parker - Parker is an unfortunate victim of there being so much CB depth in the US pool, but he rates in the same class of the best young defenders and can definitely hold his own on the big stage. Remember when he was a one man show for the US defense in Olympic qualifying? He was in a class of his own, and picked up the slack for Miazga. That said, he's versatile enough to play anywhere on the back line; even if he's primarily a CB. Like Ream, he's a mobile type defender...and he has a Jay DeMerit type aggressiveness to him.

Chad Marshall - I'm a believer that you need at least one defender is going to win aerial battles for you, and Marshall is my man. Marshall has consistently been one of the top rated defenders in MLS, and we should expect no changes in that in 2017.

Desevio Payne - It's an awesome feeling when your bench players become starters; not because of your starter's shortcomings, but because the bench players forced their way into the XI. Also, he can play RB or LB.

Andrew Farrell - Farrell lost his starting spot to Payne in my XI, but I believe he can easily fit back in and this team would not miss a beat. Also love the fact that he's a RB and a
    CB. Like Parker, you get mobility and power with him.

Justin Davis - Davis might be one of the best late picks in the draft. Davis is in his prime years, and coming off numerous successful years where he was named multiple times in the NASL to the best XI. Davis might be that guy who goes from the unknown to known in 2017.

Miles Robinson - Perhaps a bust pick, as it seems like he's not going to make it in the starting XI right away with Atlanta. But Atlanta must have had a lot of faith in him to select him #2 in the draft and over Jeremy Ebobisse. Maybe he might be a late bloomer.

Midfielders:
    Kellyn Acosta - What's been holding Acosta back in his career is that he's almost too versatile... RB, LB, CDM, RM, LM, but it seems that Acosta has finally figured out CM is where he really shines. Given that, Acosta is a prime candidate for a breakout year for the USMNT.

Alfredo Morales - Most underrated player in the USMNT? When we are scouring over for quality DM's; there is prime aged Morales who is a consistent starter in the Bundesliga.

Paul Arriola - Arriola has been on absolute fire lately and in his moments with the USMNT, he has stood out every time. I'm thrilled to have who may be the best RM for the national team.

Lynden Gooch - had it not been for his injury, he was an easy 2nd-3rd round pick.... Good news for us is that Gooch is healthy. That said, Gooch has some versatility to him as he can play on the left, right, or middle in the attack, and he boasts tremendous quickness.

Miguel Ibarra - Ibarra's stock was on the rise over the past few years until he tried his luck in Mexico. But, the thing is he's back with his old side where he was the star of the show, and we expect him to be a standout in MLS. Not bad for a player who we have to make room on our bench for.

Nick DeLeon - We love DeLeon's versatility; he can play CM, LM, RM or fullback. DeLeon would be a starter for most teams, but despite the fact too that he's been a core player for DC United for some years now and entering the prime of his career, he's going to have to do a lot to earn minutes on this side.

Russell Canouse - Before his injury a few years ago, Canouse was a rising star for the youth national team. He's been fully healthy for some time and has held his own when in action in Germany. He has some work to do to be considered a USMNT option, but he is in that same talent class with a Caleb Stanko... not bad for a player buried on our bench.

Amobi Okugo - who knows what happened to Okugo and why his progression tanked, but for this player entering his prime years, he still has ceiling to be a quality USMNT player. He's a reserve for us now, but we are expecting a rebound year from him... perhaps enough to force his way on the squad. Additionally, he can play CDM or even CB if needed.

Forwards:
    Clint Dempsey - The Deuce is back on the field. And what a steal for a #8 pick. He may be getting older, but we all know that he's the one player in the pool that has proven that he can get shit done.

Gyasi Zardes - love him or hate him, Zardes is a workhorse, and every team needs a player who just works tirelessly to wear out opposing defenses. Therefore, we expect him to create all sorts of room for Dempsey. Moreover, expect that Arena doesn't leave him out, because he is truly underrated by most fans.

Jonathan Lewis - It's rare that critics predict rookies to be starters for their teams, but Lewis has obviously made that kind of impression. He's on the bench for us, and he has some competition for first forward off the bench.

Coy Craft - Craft is still down the pecking order at FC Dallas, but for how long? He's rated as one of their top prospects... for the team with probably the best youth development. We're expecting Craft to breakout in 2017.

Charlie Davies - The rebound kid... Maybe Davies doesn't make his way back after his recent health issues, but who can count him out? Before those health issues, he would have most likely been a starter for most teams. And, we predict that he'll rebound in 2017.

-------
    Starting XI

----Zardes--Dempsey----
    Gooch---------------Arriola
    -----Acosta---Morales----
    Ream------------------Payne
    ----Parker------Marshall---
    -----------Guzan------------

Bench: Bendik, Farrell, Davis, Canouse, Ibarra, DeLeon, Lewis

Reserve: Deric, Robinson, Okugo, Craft, Davies

10. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then Tim Howard shouldn't be considered eligible either and Clint Dempsey limited by the heart problems and possibly not the same player. Those picks before me are why I drafted Hollingshead instead of getting Harkes and then taking 2 fb's, including Toia, later. And I actually would have taken Howard before he was selected if he was just going to be considered an eligible player. I'll take the outlook of a 26 year old with a neck problem but "no chance of nerve damage" over that of a 38 year old with a knee problem and a 34 year old with heart problems.

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey is medically cleared.

12. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But limited for the time being, they say they'll be taking it easy with him, and won't necessarily be the same guy when he's out there due to the condition, age, and layoff. So it comes with all those qualifiers.

13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that'll be the voters call... but he's eligible. And last word on him was that he was playing like a man on fire.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh the timing of the this vote isn't in the favor of any 3 of the mentioned players. Their all scratches to me and their next in line is how I'll vote. The next vote at the season midway point will be where we find out if they were steals or bad roll of the dice.

Everyone needs to post their squads too. Ideally we'd get one post with each teams 11 and bench.

15. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    After watching the 1st week of MLS and the U-20's , I'll stick with what I had earlier....

I don't know if the other guys had a name, but we'll go with Cellar FC:

-----Morris--------------Johnsen-----------Johannsson-----
    --------------------------McKinnie------------------------------
    ----------------Williams-----------Alashe----------------------
    -Villafana----PalmerBrown-----Opara----------Rosenberry-
    --------------------------Bingham------------------------------

I think this team is....O.K.
    • Bingham is a very good goalie, likely to battle for the starting USMNT job for the next 10 years or so.
    • Villafana and Rosenberry just might be the outside backs of the USMNT future, or even present in Sueno's case
    • EPB and Opara should build chemistry at SKC. A bit untested but, the potential is very much there.
    • Williams and Alashe give a nice bite to the midfield. You won't get through easily.
    • Maars-Johnsen is a true target CF who will knock down balls to the running...
    • Morris and Johannsson. Morris is a budding star. Can AronJo play wing? He is getting B1 minutes so he starts.
    • We are putting a lot on Weston McKinnie. Hey, I didn't draft this team. This is like., way worse that JK giving the keys to Pulisic as a #10 against Mexico. McKinnie might be more of a #6, but is he more of a #6 than Alashe or Williams?
    Strategy. Park the bus for the most part. Long balls to Maars, and he lays off for Morris to outrun a guy and score with the outside of his right foot. We win.

Bench:
    I'm going to shoe horn it into the above formation. We'd never really play it like this, but you get the idea. We have a lot of young attacking talent, well we're young everywhere really. Whether that develops this year, or ever, is guess work.

-----Gyau--------------Ebobisse------------da Silva-----
    --------------------------Sabbi-----------------------------
    -----------------Yueill----------Jeffrey--------------------
    -Arrellano-----Redding-------Anibaba-----------Serna-
    --------------------------Bono-----------------------------

Mascot - Klinsmann
    Super Fan - Daddy yelling to put his son in

Mr Martin and deuteronomy repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Joe Cleats has the best team. Really good all around the field.

Second best is either TDOS or Eleven Bravo. I thought this vote was very close. I went with TDOS because he has more game changers at either end of the field.

17. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    There are 4 good teams and then, well, "mine". Fifth Place.

Mr.Martin/Duet at this point can't win with Mix in there. The bench doesn't really have a replacement. #4.

Joe Cleats - It's a really good team, just my preference, 3rd.

TDOS - Can't complain about much. Do question Hollingshead, but Toia can back up well. Not a big Sapong fan and that might just have dropped him to #2 for me (still gets a vote!)

Thus my #1 vote goes to 11B. I just feel it's the most balanced team. Upside + Proven mixed together.

18. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had extensive discussions prior to drafting Mix. He is the same player, regardless of whether he is useful to Patrick Viera or not . . .

He is still an excellent player and a solid choice at our 8 spot in our 4-5-1.

It appears that Mix is on the verge of signing a contract to play for one of the top clubs in Sweden:

838817631142625281 is not a valid tweet id

In a worst case scenario, we can switch formations or go with Nagbe or T-Mac in the hole, behind Altidore, and bring in Lance Muyl to play on the wing.

We prefer Mix, even though at the moment, he is a man without a team. We still respect his game as a player and would plug him in there.

Mr Martin repped this.
  19. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Our lineup is perfectly fine with Muyl at RM and Diskerud available off the bench. And Johnson is a quality starting GK to cover temporarily for Howard.

Starting XI in a 4-2-3-1 or maybe more 4-1-4-1:

--------------------Altidore-----------------
    --Nagbe---------Nguyen-------------Muyl--
    --------------------McNamara----------------
    ----------------Kitchen-----------------
    -Bornstein----CCV----Birnbaum----Beltran--

----------------- Howard(c)----------

Subs:

----------------------Bruin------------------
    ----Wenger-------Diskerud---------Bunbury--
    ---------------Warner----Stanko---------------
    Burch------Woodberry----Steres-----Fossey
    --------------------Johnson----------------------
    ---------------------(Miller)----------------------

But we still think Mix will be playing a lot of soccer in 2017.

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that might be true but as of now he isn't. But like you said your teams depth allows for you to cover easily for the time being.

21. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GK: #1 US keeper
    RB: Eredivisie starter, young stud
    LB: USMNT starting quality defender
    CB: MLS Legend and young, solid MLS stud
    CM: Bundesliga Starter and perhaps the best young CM in the USMNT pool.
    WF: Two of the most promising wingers for the USMNT who have already demonstrated their ability to be difference makers on the national team.
    FW: Best USMNT player ever and the American Workhorse.

This team is not only stacked but it is well balanced and organized for maximum chemistry. Let's be honest, this team would annhilate it's opposition.

DoS only even compares at CB... our team blows them out of the water all over the field in every other area. I'd expect a 3-0 victory (Dempsey, Arriola, Acosta), where they barely saw the ball and were lucky it wasn't 4,5,6 to nothing.

Old Men has a good squad, but Diskerud is the center piece of his team? Is he even playing soccer anymore? Beltran and Bornstein are known for only one thing...sucking. I personally like his CB choices but still, if a match was played today, Marshall/Parker > CCV/Birnbaum. I like Kitchen but Acosta and Morales both have a clear edge. Nagbe is good, but had a horrible 2016, and Gooch/Arriola are the future... Muyl and McNamara are solid MLSers at their ceiling. Obviously I like Jozy but still, the Deuce. Moreover, Jozy doesn't play well as a single striker; whereas, Zardes and Deuce would partner well together. I'd expect 4-2 victory (Dempsey, Zardes, Ream, Marshall, Altidore, Birnbaum). I'd expect us to score first then them to sneak two back before we ultimately leveled at the half. Then come the second half, we just ultimately broke their back and scored two more.

Of all, I feel the most threatened by Joe Cleats.... maybe. He's got a solid squad, but it's meh all over the field. Getting excited about Mullins is like getting excited over Andrew Farrell..who couldn't even make my XI. Ultimately, I see his team as solid all around, but in the end, no one to carry the weight of the team. Kljestan that guy? I don't think so. Ultimately, his team has the illusion of a strong unit, but given that Mullins isn't going to carry this team and the middle of the park is not strong enough to hold this team up; they'll end up collapsing under our relentless pressure. I'd expect 1-0 (Dempsey).It would come late, but his defense would eventually break due to not being able to release the pressure.

And, we all know the crap show Dlokteff inherited. We'd win this one 5-1 (Morris, Dempsey, Arriola, Gooch, Acosta, Zardes). I'd say that after cruising 3-4 up, they'd sneak one back, but then we'd finish the Slaughter.

-----
    *just figured we needed to start a little trash talking to get this show started! All in good fun, guys!

22. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 thedukeofsoccer, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    LOL Actually, I had identified Eleven Bravo's team as the easiest match-up, outside of course the team dlokteff inherited, because they would turn the ball over against a high press with their slow, cb-laden back line, be out-numbered in cm, and would have trouble possessing the ball which they are somewhat dependent upon. They'd have to lump long balls to Zardes who is average running down balls on the counter, and of course Dempsey isn't equipped to do it, especially in this state. I have 4 good ball winners, chance creators, and all are good at maintaining and advancing possession. I guess you have to like the team you chose. But someone thinking they are clearly better in midfield is fantasy stuff.

I mean how different is his team than the ones that got out-played by minnows in the '15 Gold Cup, actually couldn't even get a shot off vs. Argentina, and struggled badly in u-23? It's like Klinsmann chose that squad. It's just heavily name-oriented from guys being associated with national teams. I'm actually watching club games and determining who they should have been calling up. Lletget's performance at January camp reinforced guys like that should have always been national teamers. Comparatively, Morales couldn't translate, Payne not even to u-23, and Gooch is playing w/ Sunderland u-23's and never should have been called up. Making him a viable option at the time was a product of how Klinsmann cast such a narrow net. That midfield is having trouble building out of the center and non-creative. I frankly don't see a lot of a plan here. I mean I could have just acquired names without reality of their ability, interest in them complementing each other, and tactical fit; but I chose to evaluate independently and put together a team.

Obviously I like my team the most because I picked it and put together the plan, but I like Joe Cleats' lineup and setup the most. He got multiple players I actually wanted but couldn't corral because of the big pick gaps and maybe I could have strategized how to get all those players better. I think we have the teams that would improve perceptionally the most over the next 6-12 months. But I do think I could exploit Beckerman's lack of foot speed at this point to force a lot of to's high up, circumvent him, create, and not allow build-up. I'd target him like others are Bradley at the 6 right now. Might put Pulisic over him. Don't think he could deal with that.

23. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Headline:

Tim Howard in full training, could make return on Saturday at Red Bulls

“He had a session on Sunday with [Rapids goalkeeping coach] Chris Sharpe and some of the guys and they mimicked a 90-minute performance out on the field,” said Rapids head coach Pablo Mastroeni. “He got through that pretty well and did some long kicking, so he’s in a good spot right now.”

Added Mastroeni: “We’re having a conversation later on today to see where he’s at. He’s been training a good 10 days of training, two-weeks nonstop.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...training-could-make-return-saturday-red-bulls

:) :thumbsup:

Plus, Mix's loan deal near.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3076647...-swedens-ifk-goteborg-after-nycfc-exit-source

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping drinking that haterade

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neck and Neck 5 points is the group leader but everyone else is at 4.