2017 U-17 World Cup Cycle

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  2. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, I think so.

4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer97531 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats makes sense, where's Akinola though? Weah and Dos Santos probably weren't released.

6. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably overseas trials I'd bet. He's been with the squad long enough and they called in a lot of new wingers who will be goo to see play.

7. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incorrect usage of the meme, but correct sentiments.

YNT stuff is hard. Really it boils down to whether or not these guys pan out 10 years later. Then people will come back and remind everyone how *insert player* is a starter now, but wasn't on the U-17 team...

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It was originally reported that 5 from Atlanta would be at the camp. The 6th seems to be Will Crain, a player I mentioned deserved a call up. From left to right, Crain, Asensio, Goslin, Jones, Garces, Carleton.

11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that this pretty much confirms it. Only a matter of time before these players are getting significant minutes with the first team.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  12. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I had it in the knee. Painful. Good news is that he will likely grow out of it.( if he had what I had.) Essentially a piece of bone breaks off from the main bone, sort of like an ice shelf cracking and breaking off from Antactica.(if you look at an xray). The doctor told me it was a "growing disease" . The more it hurt the more it meant that I was healing because the pain was the body healing itself by sending blood etc to site of fracture and filling in bone. When the fracture is filled in over time the process is over. I was offered an excuse slip from sports requirement which I declined because it was the only thing I enjoyed, pain or no. I still have a bump under my knees as a souvenir.

It seems Sands has it in the ASIS which is somewhere in the pelvis:eek:

I'm glad I had it in the knee (the bone just below the knee actually)

Good luck to Sands .We need him.

Maybe there's a doctor in the house who could tell us how this stuff is treated nowadays.

Balerion repped this.
  14. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    Based on what we know about our team and what we can assume with a high degree of confidence about Colombia and Ghana given the kinds of players and teams they consistently produce, our games against them have the potential to be very open and high-scoring, very end-to-end. All three teams (probably) rely on the high press and are very good at applying it, but the USA, and probably Colombia and Ghana too, are not great at playing through pressure when it is applied on them. It's going to be about capitalizing when you have your opponents on the back foot and figuring out how to defend and keep team shape better than they do when you aren't high pressing, because no one can press with the same intensity all game. The USA also has to fix its set piece defense. That's job one, or it will be a disappointing tournament.

15. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think this group, particularly our best 11 has the best ability to play out of pressure that i've seen from our u-17's. Even the last cycle wasn't as good in the facet as this group imo.

16. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Youth results can be fickle so of course nothing is guaranteed but I think the US is prolly the strongest team in the group (Colombia is close) and should expect to make it out. Colombia finished 4th and had some trouble securing its spot, Ghana has a strong defense but very little firepower and looked unimpressive against other top African teams. Looking over all the groups I think we got one of the easier draws in the tournament.

17. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    Ghana may sit deeper and use less high press than Colombia and the US, if they lack firepower. Still, part of the key to beating Ghana teams is forcing their backline/midfield into mistakes before they do the same to you.

18. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Agreed. Would be even better if Paxton Pomykal was born 15 days later too...

19. SoccerAnalyst

SoccerAnalyst New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    These are some recent results of India U17 world cup team

India 2 - 0 Italy
    India 2 - 2 Benfica
    India 0 - 0 Serbia
    India 1 - 3 Brazil

Recently Indian team have added a new goalkeeper Sunny Dhaliwal who had trials with Chicago fires and DC United and his height is 6'5.

Definitely can't take the hosts lightly

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Can't take any team lightly at a World Cup, but I think if this team can't beat India, I don't think we'll have much success at this tournament.

ckajMonet repped this.
  21. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    The 2-0 win over Italy was against Italy u-17 players in the third and fourth division of Italian leagues, definitely doesn't sound like their a-team. Just a few months before that India U-17 lost to MLS academy Orlando city U-15/U-16 1-0

ChuckMe92 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    We lineup

Garces
    Lindsey-Shaver and Vazquez as CB's (don't know R-L)-Gloster
    Durkin-Goslin
    Acosta
    Sargent with Carleton and Reyes as the wingers

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    lol Sargent scores like 20 seconds in. Comical defending

TxEx, Eighteen Alpha and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  24. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    ATL is soooo stacked

25. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club: