2017 Tulsa - PDL (Including FC United) - Academy

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by willydonc, Mar 25, 2017.

1. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #51 USRufnex, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    I'm pretty sure Jeremie Poplin was an All-State soccer player here (can't remember his position) but didn't have any broadcasting experience in soccer until Roughnecks FC started up in 2015. Dave Saunders did some work for the NPSL's Tulsa Athletic prior to Roughnecks FC... traitor. ;-)

***Expansion fee rose from around $750k to rumored asking price of $5mil for a USL in anticipation of D2 designation. Figure the Fire gets its toes in the water when USL starts a 3rd Division in 2019.... What? No love for the Torrent?***

2. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fernandez called up to U20 National Team training in London. Duration is a week, so he'll miss the next Tulsa game. BTW, Djordie was called up too. Excellent opportunity and an affirmation that CF has not been relegated to has-been status on the national level.

Chris M., Joe in CO and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  3. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't know our owner.

Ahan Jain, Joe in CO and loonixxx repped this.
  4. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jiggly_333 repped this.
  5. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Thankfully I don't. ;)
    Was a Fire fan living in Rogers Park, then gradually lost interest post-Wilt.
    Still have Cubs pics of Wrigley in my LR and laundry room in Tulsa.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Evidently they failed to file paperwork for a player who played in Croatia the past few years.
    The ineligible player was subbed with 17 minutes left in the match.
    Front office incompetency continues in Tulsa...

Joe in CO repped this.
  6. Ahan Jain

Ahan Jain Member

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Nov 16, 2016
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calistri has looked good and Tulsa and continues to impress. Same deal with Fernandez. I think he has the work rate to fit into Paunovic system.

7. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Stop making sense.

8. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

9. seamuslush

seamuslush Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Don Rickles died. I guess it was better than going to Tulsa in May, like he had originally planned.

skinut, xtomx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  10. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Calistri scored again, in a 2-1 loss to Sacramento. Didn't watch this time.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  11. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    O Great Khaleesi: We Await Your Return.
    [​IMG]

12. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tulsa visits Rio Grande tomorrow @ 7:30 pm. Good opportunity to watch Fernandez and Calistri. I've been more impressed w/Tulsa than I expected (granted, that was a low bar). They're pretty good and the matches have been entertaining. Also impressed with the USL: all matches are streamed. Yeah, I know it's 2017 and self-promoting, but still...

13. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tulsa won 1-0. Calistri played 90. Fernandez didn't get in 'til 67th minute. No idea why. Inexplicable, considering how well he played in his 2 starts. Deckovic had a cameo. Calistri looked dangerous again. Tulsa FC's PR/news department is horrid, which must've attracted the Fire.

Red and White 97, skinut and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  14. The commentator mentioned Fernandez was returning from his stint with the US pre U-20 World Cup cattle call that ended April 10th. Go figure . . . .

splunge63 repped this.
  15. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    lame to the infinity-th power

16. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Joe in CO and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  17. All three full time loanees played the full 90 in a 3-0 payback loss. I only saw the first half highlights, but it was enough to see Fernandez beaten by a late midfield run for the second CS goal. In the second half he was carelessly caught in possession in his own area which should have been another goal against. Dekovic saw a lot of action at LB and struggled to hold his own defensively; however, he pushed forward well. Calistri seldom saw the ball in dangerous positions, even though Tulsa held 57% of possession.

18. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched most of the first half. I want CS' goalie.

19. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tulsa FC beat Vancouver 3-1 Thursday night. Didn't watch the match. Fernandez and Calistri played the full 90. Dekovic didn't play. According to the write-up, Calistri forced the VAN keeper to make a very good save. Tulsa plays again Saturday night.

loonixxx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  20. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Khaleesi put up an absolutely perfect cross for Tulsa's second.
    This is the whole game, but the Calistri assist play starts in the 53rd

21. A 90th minute own goal Friday afternoon allowed FC United to advance 1-0 in their USOC game made up from Wednesday night's rainout. They will travel to play the next round against a foe familiar to Fire fans, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.

22. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Probably old news, but midfielder Brandt Bronico was loaned by the Fire to Tulsa FC. Probably a good move, given that he has almost zero chance of seeing match action and the Reserves have far less games than in the past. Unfortunately, can't make Tulsa play him. That's what you get when you have little to no leverage. Heckuva job, NRod (and Cakes, by proxy). Plowing nickels into the operation is bound to pay yuge dividends!!!

23. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tulsa dominated Orange County, 4-0. Surprisingly, Broninco started and played the full 90. Didn't stand out (either way), but wasn't tracking him. Fernandez played the entire game, and played very well. Looks like his CS outing was an anomaly. Calistri subbed in at 58 minutes. Had 2 breakaways, scored on the second. His pace was very, very noticeable. Dekovic must be injured, wasn't in the 18.

Victor Pineda is OC's Captain. According to the Tulsa announcers, he's having a good season. Didn't do much yesterday, though.

Next up: Wednesday night (9:30 pm CT) @ Sacramento.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  24. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't know about CFer, but Calistri should be called back. We can put him ahead of Soli. Plus, a Calistri-Conner right side already has great chemistry. CFer doesn't look like he'd get much time with all of the pretty dam good CMs ahead of him.