PBP: 2017 Tournament of Nations: Australia, Brasil, Japan, USA

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gilmoy, Jul 27, 2017.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, and my video feed keeps crashing also.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    half time, Sam Kerr 3, Japan 1(yep, Kerr's got a hat trick)

3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Australia has now moved up to the #1 team in the world on the Movement Rankings.
    This has been impressive.

1.) Australia
    2.) England (if they win the Euro, they could move up to #1)
    3.) Netherlands
    4.) Japan
    5.) Canada
    6.) Denmark
    7.) Austria
    8.) Brazil
    9.) Italy
    10.) Spain (with Vero, they could move up. they need to score).

4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Australia fans call her Sam Kerr.
    But now, all her opponents call her Damn Kerr.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    correction, if England's #2, then England B's squad(players that Sampson didn't pick) is #1. That squad would include Aluko, ,Carter, Chapman, Daly, Davison, Dowie, Galton, Lawley, Rafferty , Spence Walsh

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    and the final score; Australia 4, Japan 2

6. usafan1985

usafan1985 Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. What an AWFUL blunder by USA goalie.

Brazil 1-0 little over a minute in

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Ease back on the qualudes, dude. It's affecting your judgement

8. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    #33 Romario'sgurl, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Bruna has lost a step. She's not the defender she once was. Don't see us holding the lead for the entire match. Our attack is really anemic without Fabiana.

Edit: Girls look slow and uninterested in this match. Bruna is fast becoming a liability.

I understand that Camila is a real talent but I wish she were honing her skills in Germany.

9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    A couple errors by Brasil, there, but a goal is a goal.

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
  11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Naeher and Dahlkemper were pretty shaky in the first half.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here is the goals in the Australian/Japan, the final score could of been higher. Will post the full game when it becomes available as it was very enjoyable to watch. I know there's a lot of fans of Japan's so called beautiful or technical game, but sorry, this one was pure domination by Sam Kerr's athleticism. What's not shown was Kerr snatching the ball from the J defender before racing down for the score. Her third one could be a possible 'goal of the year' entry with that phenom header to get by the defender & score after the initial save the by J gk. I'm posting this from the Matildas website since they not only got highlights but stats as well.
    I know you J fans going to respond that this wasn't played as a real important tourney game or that this wasn't J's A team, but then the Matildas clobbered them at the Olympic Qualifier as well(score 3-1) and that was without the services of Sam Kerr.
    http://matildas.footballaustralia.c.../914669?matchhighlights#widget-match-day-tabs

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full Brazil/US game, Brazil's defense was pretty shaky vs Japan, from the looks of it, it didn't get any better

14. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I didn't see the 2nd half but I'm still perplexed that we even scored 1 goal, let alone 3. Yes, our back-line is terrible but the rest of the team wasn't that much better. Our attack is near lifeless without Fabiana, who recently signed with Barcelona. :thumbsup:

Emily Lima is new and for that, I guess she gets a pass. However, based on what I've read from other Brasil supporters the outlook isn't that good. I hope Australia wins this entire thing.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    not sure if they were all playing(as Brazilians keep switching first to last names) but here would be the top of line, starting team for them

GK.....................................Barbara

Fabriana..............Monica...........Souza.................Poliana

Camilla...............Alves..............Andressa.................Marta

.........................Cristiane.............Ludmilla

if they weren't using all of those, then they did an excellent job in winning the game for at least first 80 minutes or so. But if they put the now 32 year old Maurine in there, weill she's got some unique features about her, but excpetional defense is not one of them!

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    US and Brazil looked both bad to me, hopefully they're experimenting in this tournament

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    judging by the high scores, it seemed all the teams through caution into the wind, but its still hard to really figure which tourney has currently the better teams. Over here, Australia seems to be on top with it's intense, high pressing game. But that's what exactly England's doing over at the Euro's. Both sides of the Atlantic are showing that the era of the so called, beautiful game(with lots of passing & clever plays) is over. It's now more about swift counter attacks, tenacious defense & excellent conditioning.

18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #43 Lechus7, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017

Some thoughts for @hotjam2 ;)
    Yes, the score could've be even higher and performace wise it was far from fluid Nadeshiko play. Why though? Consider...

GK Ikeda 2 caps,
    backline FB Takagi 8 caps, CB Sakamoto 0 caps, CB Ichise 3 caps, FB Kitagawa 2 caps
    playmakers MF Naomoto 11 caps, MF Sumida 2 caps
    wingers MF Nakasato 10 caps, MF Nakajima 38 caps
    strikers ST Yokoyama 20 caps, CF Tanaka 13 caps

Nakamura's injury before tournament and Kumagai absence (Lyon didn't let he go) forced Takakura to field inexperienced pair of CB in 2nd game of this tourney. On top of that not the backline nor this pair of playmakers had ever played toghether (half of the caps you see above they are as subs).

Now imagine these young Nadeshiko players with 20-30 caps more under their belt - let's say in 2019-2020 :D

Full game HERE

Gilmoy and blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also worth considering that Yuri Kawamura, another experienced player who could have covered the CB position, is out for the entire season with an ACL since May.

Lechus7 repped this.
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Aussie's weren't exactly playing with a full deck either. Staj subbed in three 17 year olds(that actually play like 17 year olds!) which pretty much gifted the last minute goal to Japan. Staj, also started the backup GK, Arnold(14 caps) along with Raso(19) Gielnik(15) & Logarzo(14).
    He brought in the 2nd half experienced, Devanna, but by now she's no more the top fwd she was years ago; she couldn't even score a single goal last season in the W-League. Devanna coming in at the start of the 2nd half, deprived Kerr from being the lone striker, and I think stopped her from adding on to her first half hat trick(as Devanna tried for glory on her own rather than passing to Kerr

Lechus7 repped this.
  21. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    One thing I appreciated about Vadao was the fact that he left Maurine off the roster. Of course, he canceled that out by bringing in the equally ineffective Raquel...sigh. I've only seen a little bit of Ludmilla. She's not quite there yet..but she's a promising talent. Replace her with Bia or Darlene. I'd like to see Emily bring back Thais Guedes. Thais will never be a goal scorer at this level but she's great on the counter and very effective at holding the ball in the offensive 3rd. I'll never forget how well she worked with Erika in that friendly against France in 2013.

hotjam2 repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #48 Lechus7, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Nice to see Aussies with things out from Japan's playbook. Gorry and Foord did learn a thing or two in Nadeshiko League this season :thumbsup:

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3-1 Australia after just 30 minutes

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    heh Australia has a disallowed goal on bogus offside and then score 2 more allowed this time ...from possible offside :rolleyes:...ref's...