2017 Season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was more that we did not want to sign him to more than one year--from a sporting perspective, that made sense. He'll turn 34 next October.

2. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer "Good Guy Pipa". Been here for 6 years, has his family settled and wants to stay in Columbus.

3. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hey do you know the contract lengths of each player? What players will be out of contract at seasons end and what players will be out of contract after 2018 season end

4. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one knows.

5. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    928012222173011968 is not a valid tweet id

SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  6. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    19 year old defender. 5'6". Gotta be a fullback. 1 senior appearance for Newell's Old Boys. Gotta be a developmental guy. No idea if right or left side.

7. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he likes Texas BBQ.

porchlight and TRUJDUB repped this.
  8. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Left back

9. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Who do you think we get rid of Francis or Raitala ? I would say keep Francis

10. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    At halftime of the Red Bulls game a few months back, I see a man walking toward me in full NOB kit, so I commented on it and turns out it was Sauro's dad.

We ended up talking through the entire intermission and I mentioned that Newell's had a young player, Jalil Elias, that I liked and had come through their ranks. He said Elias wasn't available but he was trying to work with Gregg to identify young players that may be promising enough and open to coming here. So looks like Valenzuela is possibly the result of that effort.

Tobias C, redi44crew, CybrSlydr and 4 others repped this.
  11. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    odds are both will be on their way out, I'd guess

12. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So you think we will go with Jimenez and this youngster from South America?

Ratiala takes a intl spot that he isn’t worth , Francis does not take a intl spot as I thought he had his citizenship (maybe I’m wrong)

13. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No clue. But neither Raitala nor Francis have been playing much. Are they both healthy right now? Even if one isn't they didn't start regularly when they were.

Don't know enough about this new guy, if he even signs. He might be brought in to start or they may go out and get someone else.

Of course, I'm at the point I don't really care once the playoffs are done and until/if MLS forces Precourt to sell to someone else

TRUJDUB repped this.
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ola got about 20 minutes as a sub in today's Norway match versus Slovakia. They lost 1-0 on an injury time goal.

15. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the expansion draft is 4 weeks from today (Dec 12).

Who will we be losing? (Because you know we will be losing somebody).

I'm thinking Kekuta Manneh is the most obvious choice....but if we're smart well move him for some kind of compensation before LAFC can just swipe him away for nothing.

I'm also thinking we wont protect guys like Abubakar, Francis, and Jimenez...and any of them might be attractive acquisitions. I would especially like to be able to hold on to Lalas for the future.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, I don't really care, given other news.

17. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll be losing the entire team.

18. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    Figured I'd take a look at Valenzuela tonight, Newell's is home to Belgrano. All the activity for both sides has been on the opposite flank, but he's quick and linked up well twice with their Renteria-like striker Luis Leal. At his first involvement, 15 minutes in, the commentators mentioned his move here when Primera Division breaks.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Keeping in mind the very real possibility that we may not have a team next year, I was looking at the roster moves from yesterday for the contract options that weren't exercised and two names jumped out as players that Berhalter should definitely inquire on.

1. Danny Hoesen, San Jose Earthquakes - 26 years old. 8 goals in all comps (5 in mls, 3 in Open Cup). Can serve as a backup to Kamara and be a much more dynamic option off the bench than Adam Jahn.

2. Mike Grella, NYRB - Unless his injury is career threatening or the option was just too expensive I have no idea why Red Bulls cut him. He's a player I always hated the Crew going against, but would love on this team. Again, he can spell Kamara from time to time or play wide. Maybe he can teach Pedro Santos to stay on his feet as well.

TRUJDUB and Tobias C repped this.
  20. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dillon Powers because he will love to be back in Texas. . .

21. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it very hard to give a fvck about next year to be honest.

Robbo Crewfan, odave, djtrinidad and 9 others repped this.
  22. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure. I know for me though, I'm still trying to enjoy the team that we do have, as far as we know, through next year. I'm fine with us winning MLS Cup this year then winning the USOC, SS, and MLS Cup next year before we get moved because of business metrics.

23. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1398 Tobias C, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    I would be cool with taking Hoesen. He's perfect to have as a second option if he can deal with it being in the prime of his career. We would also have to get him cheaper. He's on like 500k a year right now. Even if you buy him down under the DP threshold, that's a lot of money for a guy who won't be starting. Other than that I'd want him.

I think we'll only need Grella or someone else if Manneh leaves us. He would be a sufficient, proven replacement if so.

I hope we can have another successful draft. Gordon Wild trained with us this summer and knows Alex and Zack from the Terps.
    [​IMG]
    He's had a less than stellar season this year, but both years before that he was lethal and a Hermann Trophy candidate with Crognale. With his weak 2017, I could see him falling far enough to where we could get him at our late spot in the draft. Only downside is I believe he would take an international spot since hes German. He can play up top or on the wing.

24. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio