2017 Recruiting Class Announcements

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by WatzBruin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Cal Poly is a good school. I am taking nothing away from it. But it ain't Harvard.

CCSoccerFan repped this.
  2. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Cal Poly may start them out well (tech industry probably) but Harvard finishes well.

Funniest line I ever heard was Stewart Scott on ESPN talking about Harvard's Jeremy Lin's then 4-year, $30 million contract. Scott's line when referencing the contract "...or as his classmates at Harvard like to call it - 'a good start'." Can't compare the two schools in terms of earning potential...

Sandon Mibut and CCSoccerFan repped this.
  3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    (Possibly) little-known fact: Chilcutt was one of the most undefendable Super Tecmo basketball players of all time. His Kings were an otherwise ordinary squad, but he made them a heck of an opponent.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A report from last month noting that Wake hadn't announced its class yet (it still hasn't) says it was because it might lose two players from that class: Andrew Pannenberg and ... another guy.

Muuss has not released his recruiting class for this fall because at least two players are deciding whether to go pro or accept offers from Wake Forest. But one of those recruits, goalie Andrew Pannenberg, has signed and is enrolled and going through spring practice.
    http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/wake-m-soccer-spec-rel.html

Here's the list of Wake commitments from TDS:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/col...en/wake-forest/clgid-366/tab-commitments#tabs

soccersubjectively and CaptainD repped this.
  5. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Justin McMaster was a late commit - not sure he's signed yet - and there's potential interest for him and Mark McKenzie for Bethlehem Steel, where they will both likely get minutes this season.

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  6. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
  7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  8. WolverineFutbol

Aug 1, 2012
  9. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    #34 bhoys, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Regarding the "half British" part, in our nation's history, in music, and in soccer for sure, it seems that this happens every once in a while, if not more, in a number of places ...

"... The players tried for a forward pass
    With the jester on the sidelines in a cast
    Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
    While sergeants played a marching tune ... "

10. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. WolverineFutbol

Aug 1, 2012
    The Michigan Wolverines have announced their 2017 recruits.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/050817aaa.html

Chaka and Tommy appear to have landed another strong class with a lot of accolades. Can they deliver this year? Time will tell, but I am optimistic and looking forward to the possibility of seeing the speed and skill of the three Right to Dream Academy guys up front together in the next couple of years.

Go Blue!

Real Mobile repped this.
  12. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Does anyone have any insider information, on whether William Pulisic will be at Duke this fall? TDS just had an article today on top 5 goalkeepers, and list Pulisic and state he is going to Duke this fall. Yet, if you look at the Duke page under commitments, he's not on the 2017 recruits. Did he decide to stay at Borussia and turn pro?

13. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic was on Dortmund's U19 bench this week. I messaged him back in February and he said the plan was to go to Duke in the fall but that "anything could happen". So perhaps Duke are just waiting to announce it when it's 100% guaranteed?

14. SydneyFan11

SydneyFan11 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  15. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Thanks for your info guys...I read those too. But for some reason I have an inkling he's changed his mind. I'm hoping I'm wrong

16. SydneyFan11

SydneyFan11 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    My guess would be that he is... If he were on the cusp of signing with Dortmund, my guess is they would be playing him in the U19 Bundesliga playoffs, though he's been on the bench. The gap year worked out even better when Duke added Robert Moewes for a one and done.

Though things can surely change between now and August.

17. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    True. You're probably right