2017 Presidential Elections

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Inkie, Dec 28, 2016.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Not to defend him, bbecause I didn't agree with the sacking, but there were many voicing for MS's firing in the fan base and even here in Bigsoccer.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's fine, but like with those clamoring for JJ and not clamoring for him to be fired and BdC the be usurped, doesn't mean they were/are right. And we all saw how they maneuvered to not pay Marco Silva in a shady ass way. It was weak as hell.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    #53 vilafria, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    As far as that question of paying a coach after firing him goes , I've never been in favor of it. Results should determine if a coach deserves continuing employment. Once fired, his employment should be final. Parachute-like payments kills clubs imo.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #54 SCP21, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Lol I never said he was worthless. I never said that standing up to Benfica was a problem. Look who's being dramatic. Cue vilas random story about seeing things your own way.

I also said right from the beginning how MS never should have been fired. Not sure how times have changed.

BdC is only useful financially. And there's lots of people who think he's been lying about that. It's proven that he doesn't know how to run a club. I'd love for him to be at Sporting, but not as president. He's trying to be way too many things.

He's made it clear that his main goal during is presidency is to bring Benfica down, not bring sporting up. I'm getting bored of it personally

benficafan3 repped this.
  5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL this isnt unique to soccer. Any manager in any job in the world gets paid when they are fired. That's the point of contracts - so you can't ******** over people like BdC did. These are people lives, not a video game. You shouldn't be able to just toss them aside when you're bored of them

benficafan3 repped this.
  6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #56 SCP21, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
    Hahahaha so because I have an opinion that you disagree with, I'm an idiot who only sees things my way?

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Even that may be debatable given he's openly defied and tossed aside signed contracts he doesn't agree with as was the case with Doyen. There's fewer things that make you lose all credibility immediately in the business world than that.

SCP21 repped this.