2017 Presidential Elections

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Inkie, Dec 28, 2016.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    PMR announces that Juande Ramos will be his coach if he wins

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol. Cool. Juande sucks. And so does this candidate.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Is this legit or a troll?
    [​IMG]

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    The election is this coming weekend

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Madeira Rodrigues should win , he is the better candidate.

BdC threw away the title last season

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is promising to bring in Boloni

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    That's a lotta boloney !!

8. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #33 Sumol, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    I'm scared of that guy, man. He talks like he's not playing around and he means business. I don't like his tone.

I fear the mindset he brings.

SCP needs to stay grounded and for that to happen, BDC needs to win and JJ must remain manager.

I keep telling everyone - A win for BDC is a win for Benfica.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Voting has been happening all day. So far over 11,000 people have cast their vote, they are expecting a record (the current record is 17,093 back in 1988). Both candidates as well as several notable figures have cast their vote.

The polls close at 19:00 local time (2 PM EST).

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Record number of voters confirmed: 18755

We should know soon who is the winner.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    After several hours with apparent issues with the voting system, its reported Bruno de Carvalho has won another term as Sporting CP president. The official announcement hasn't been made but the losing candidate has already made a concession speech.

Awaiting the final numbers, but it's reported that he won with around 90% of the vote.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's official. More Cagao for the foreseeable future.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    86.13% victory too. The other candidate didn't stand a chance. He really didn't have any sort of plan anyways - the day before the election he promised he'd bring Taison from Shakthar Donetsk as a last ditch effort to win votes.

BdC knows what he's doing - his whole attitude is what won over the sócios; all he really has to do is remind everyone where Sporting was before he was elected (7th place finish, huge debts, terrible squad), battle the "colinho" system and be anti-Benfica to win the popular vote.

BUT the fans won't take another season with JJ at the helm and no trophies - I think we're all eagerly awaiting what happens in the summer with the squad.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol this might as well be Sportings motto.

Never been a huge BdC fan and it's clear his project doesn't lead to success, but hopefully we'll be financially well off at least. Four more years of making Sporting look smaller and smaller is tough to deal with tho. He really is the Trump of Portuguese soccer

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems really harsh to me based on where the club was as he took over. Not perfect but he has made things better.

vilafria repped this.
  16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BdC is MASTER!!!

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed. I actually read an article written by a retarded American who tried comparing BDC to Trump. I get the comparison in some ways, except for the fact that BDC recorded Sporting's €46.5 million profit for the first time in the club's history.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm glad he won.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sporting won't win anything with his way of running things. End of.

He appeals to the lowest common denominator. Blame everything on Benfica + blame everything else on the refs + rant on Facebook + blame more things on benfica is his recipe to success. And sporting fans cant get enough that. Just look at half the sporting fans on this forum even, only talk about the refs and benfica.

SCP_16 repped this.
  20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    This reminds me of that story about a mother that only saw things one way, her way. When describing her son's marching performance in a parade band , she would yell out loud : " Look at all those fools out of step. My son is the only one in step."

JoseEmidio repped this.
  21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I agree to an extent. Then again, if you watch all the games in the Liga this season and last season, and I'm assuming you have, then you'd realize the corruption hasn't been this blatant in years. This league is definitely fixed for Benfica to win.

That being said, I agree with you. Dude wins with a landslide victory, and they shit the bed against Guimaraes with another invented lineup. Disgusting. Almost wanted Rodrigues to win just to see JJ get the boot. Fuck that overrated egotistical douchebag

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sporting may not win anything, but that doesn't mean the next guy will be even half as successful in running the club. BdC cares so much that he probably has to check himself a bit and back down. But remember many on here, especially the ones who's opinions are the loudest, specifically wanted BdC because he would stand up to Benfica and the Liga corruption. Now it's a huge problem and he is worthless? Some people are too freakin dramatic.

I think the JJ thing was a huge mistake and I said so when it happened. Most everyone else was falling over themselves to praise the move as a shot to Benfica and getting a winning coach in one fell swoop. How times change....

vilafria repped this.
  23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BDC has his faults but his first term
    Was positive .

Honestly have we had a better president in the last 20 or so years ? I don't think so .

I feel that He will need to win the league now or he will lose confidence of supporters.

24. cro.sporting.cp

Jan 25, 2010
    Zadar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I still can't get over him firing Marco Silva and never giving a proper reason.

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That definitely sucked and made me lose some respect for him.