2017 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by StevenLa, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #1476 Holmes12, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    I'll bet I can guess it. Oh, alright. Yeah. Uh, let's see. Um, well, we can throw out Anson Dorrance immediately. That's too obvious. And no ACC coaches for Notre Dame, they're an independent at heart. Alright, let's go deeper. Uh, what kind of athletic department is Notre Dame? Well, they're weak, spineless, a department of temptations, but what tempts them? They're a northerly latitude, a bit long in the synthetic fields. So what's their pleasure? Is it the Pac Four Cali coaches they crave? No no no no no, theirs is the East. Oh they may stray, but they'll always return to they're dark master, the Big Ten. No, and only the upper tier can satisfy them!...if they could, they'd hire coaches tapped into the I-95 corridor! Dambach! Rutgers! Dambach!

2. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    It's coaching girl's soccer in Miami in the best league in the country. I'm sure there must be at least a 100 coaches that would take that job for 30K, room and board.

3. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    Not even close.

4. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Blue horseshoe still says it was Dambach. Rutgers was a stretch because he's not "prominent". He's Rutgers.

After AD and ED, there are no "prominent" women's soccer coaches. Nobody in the ACC Bermuda division will go north for this job.

If it's Izzo-Brown or Northwestern, they're both close but you say not even close. Right?

5. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    That’s funny. Try living in Miami for $50,000 a year. Not gonna be very comfortable. The job pays more than that but I’ve heard it’s not anywhere near 6 figures.
    Nope.

Keep guessing. And I don’t care what color your horseshoe is.

6. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

A lot of people will still want that job as I’m sure you know just because it’s Miami and in the ACC. But salary will put off big candidates you would assume.

Regarding the ND job regardless of who else they looked at I think NN is a good choice.

Northern Illinois are taking their time and showing they simply don’t care about women’s soccer. I heard they interviewed the IPFW coach over the phone, and the former western Illinois coach. not sure about on campus though.

7. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    room &
    30K AND room & board.

8. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Why don't you just tell us who turned down the ND job, since you put it out there (cryptically) to begin with?

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Who was the coach that turned the job down? We all read about the Jerry Smith ordeal some years ago. I'd like more information on the details of TR leaving ND and the search and hiring of the new coach. I'm sure there are those here who know just don't want to say anything. Are you afraid of getting in trouble or something?
    Don't just throw out a tid-bit here and there. Fricken say it!

10. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    Nah, it’s more fun to watch y’all guess.

11. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    You probably don't even know, and if you do, you are being childish about it. The best thing to do is for everyone to just ignore you.

12. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    Ignore me at your own peril.

Fight on.

13. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    I’ll take the risk. I don’t even have Holmes on ignore, but there’s always an exception to be made.

14. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    I’ll defer to first hand info as opposed to your imagination.

15. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Lenard, NN and stay at home are first hand info. Anything you hear is >= second hand info. And you're not that.

OGSoccerCoach, obviously you haven't seen the Seinfeld secret passcode epilogue or Wall Street. I was just goofing around.

16. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Congrats. Apart from a handful of people here, nobody cares if you have super-top-scret information about women's college soccer, but you milk that feeling of importance for all it's worth.

17. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014

If that is true.....it's hard to disagree with "they simply don't care about women's soccer." Both those guys, especially the IPFW coach (awful), have nothing to show that they can be successful D1 HCs. At least Dr. Ted is a nice enough guy, but the other dude is unbelievably pretentious!!!

Thefutbolcoach repped this.
  18. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    #1493 OGSoccerCoach, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    I’m not a big Seinfeld guy, sorry I missed the joke.

I told you who it was in my last post.

My source is solid, believe it or not. Obviously I forgot that in today’s all inclusive, safe space women’s soccer internet discussion board that good old fashioned banter wasn’t allowed anymore. Where else can you get vague and cryptic information and have a bit of fun with it?
    I’ll remember my snow boots for next time so I don’t hurt all the snowflake’s feelings.

19. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    OGSoccerCoach. I wish you were a Seinfeld guy so it would have been absolutely hilarious. I was just messing around along with you.

20. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Do people like you never get the irony of whining about other people being snowflakes?

HeadSpun repped this.
  21. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    When OGSoccerCoach uses the term "fight on," is he telling us that McAlpine of Southern Cal turned down the ND job? Offering the job to him would certainly classify as wishful thinking, or a shot in the dark, or something....

LilKicker repped this.
  22. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

At this point it doesn’t matter anymore. The hire has been made and we can move on.

Any idea who Miami have interviewed?

23. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Observation: There's been plenty of criticism of Romagnolo on this board. But when the assistant she hired gets the job, I've seen nothing but raves about what a great job he'll do.

Fitballer and ytrs repped this.
  24. oneofnine

oneofnine Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Romagnolo being criticized is due to misogyny ........ no I don't believe that, just saying it before someone else does - ha

Nate was only there a year - he is a good guy and good coach. I have no issues with Romagnolo, so not sure why the criticism

25. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1500 Glove Stinks, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on at Michigan. Who is running their spring practices/scrimmages. Who is dealing with the incoming class. Who is recruiting? This is really dragging out.
    I know Tiffany Hansen is still there but she’s a GK Coach