2017 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by StevenLa, Mar 10, 2017.

1. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
  2. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't think Price had a choice. His contract was up in 2015 (renewed in 2010) and he hadn't broken through.
    2012: 3-2-1
    2013: 0-5-1
    2014: 2-3-1
    2015: 1-3-2 in conference his last 4 years there. He found a good home at Upper Iowa though, in a solid DII Conference.

I think UNI is a good job. Good facilities, solid blue-collar, midwest town. School has a bit of a party reputation which probably helps and hurts in different ways. Logan and Erickson have proven that you can make some progress there...Missouri Valley is not a stout conference, aside from Illinois State.

Is it heaven? No, it's Iowa.

As far as Erickson, he is a solid coach and good guy. Creighton probably regrets letting him go, though maybe it was time for them to mutually part ways. Having spent a little time around him, he is a solid recruiter. His kids are still in Omaha, that would be the only reason for him to stick around the Midwest and not got to Pitt, if it's true that he has been offered that position. If he left UNI, I wonder if they would promote Clevenger, who was passed over last year for this position, seems the most likely and convenient thing to do to promote stability where there hasn't been.

3. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  4. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    If that's the case...why name him Interim?

5. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #805 Holmes12, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Readeth completely before knee-jerketh quoteth (last sentence). Feel free to explain the previous twenty year trend between Navy and Army which I'm totally right about.

why not?

6. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    $$$$

7. MAGA DTS!

MAGA DTS! New Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No one has been offered by Pitt as of now. More interest/candidates than some on this thread would have you believe. Process is ongoing.

calcio1919 and PoetryInMotion repped this.
  8. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Interesting! Thanks for the info. Curious if B.E. is actually a candidate.

9. Norfolk

Norfolk Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Maybe it’s an indication of change rather than the status quo.

10. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #810 Holmes12, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    To be fair, maybe, norfolk. But as soon as even a few combat deaths hit the news again, into the tank with Army sports. I think they're just suppressing that news. We're not seeing much in the way of maimings as we were for a while.

11. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Holmes I can just envision you saying “Maimings are a disaster” in a ‘Make Army Great Again’ hat :)

Aside from the threat of certain death from being maimed are there are other detrimental selling points for Army?

12. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #812 Holmes12, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    LOL! In terms of soccer, typical northern tales of woe in this sport...cold and rubberized. That wind down the Hudson is a mother in winter. and early spring. Annapolis has bermuda. Annapolis just seems a little more inviting for girls/'rents, the anchors and colors and all. But given a choice, 90% is rightfully ground deployment fears.

With that said, I can't say enough about any service academy, even beyond the big three, for non-rev jox. Where else does the needless, out of control non-rev regimen get you out of harder stuff? Nobody's quitting the teams for social, greek appeal at the academies.

Regarding the Pitt guy, i was reading the Post-Gazette article and he was apparently blindsided. he was tweeting up to the end rah-rah Pitt stuff, welcoming a recruit, etc.

13. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Of course. It's an ACC job and comes with an ACC paycheck. Plenty of successful coaches would be very open to it, while being aware of the challenges.

14. theguru

theguru Member

May 7, 2008
    UConn has to be close to making a hire. Present asst is out recruiting I've heard. Good for her as she deserves a shot.
    Portland very close to making announcement with a very good coach
    Towson should have things buttoned up by the end of next week campus interviews next week
    Pitt is in trouble. They have offered it out to several HC's all have turned it down. They have started with AC's now pay is great but nobody willing to take the risk
    W&M looking into several alums. Who will step up and take over a good situation
    Fairfield has a big name interviewing it's his if he wants it
    Richmond has a great pool to pick from. Seems to be the best job
    JMU has a very good capable asst but is the job his

15. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

With Dave retiring at JMU his assistant Scott is taking over. Done deal and well deserved.

16. theguru

theguru Member

May 7, 2008
    Whispers. IF that's is true why is he going to be interviewing at Towson? I agree he is a great candidate

17. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Hope that’s just a rumor. Dave was all set on his successor and it seemed to be inevitable.

18. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #818 Holmes12, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    JMU posted the job on the NCAA market site just three days ago. It actually looks more to me as if Scott's done there.

Richmond posted the same day, so they might not be that close. The cost of that school is a hard sell, severely limiting their pool. Mike lamented that as well. They'd be a force if state or even quasi-state, like William and Mary. If not for cost, no way would they be less than VCU. Lindsey has W&M if she wants it, in my opinion. But I'm not sure if it has the appeal it looks to have on the surface. It's a pretty stodgy environment, Stricter academics, Uptight. A little more costly than states. The soccer practice field is off-campus and kinda rutty, not great (stadium nice, but practice stuff, meh).

19. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    East Carolina interviewed canidates at Raleigh last weekend.

20. MAGA DTS!

MAGA DTS! New Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Can’t speak to all your pronoucements but Pitt info is 100% incorrect.

21. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Richmond plays on the school's artificial turf football field--not good. I watched a game there and could not tell the touchlines from all the football lines.

22. ziggy1010

ziggy1010 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Some schools need to take a chance on a young "very good coach". Though maybe preferrred, I don't think it's critical to have prior HC experience. I think three of the four teams in the College Football Playoffs are coached by people who didn't have any previous head coaching experience when they got the job -- OU's Lincoln Riley, UGA's Kirby Smart and Clemson's Dabo Swinney. I'm pretty sure Geno Auriemma had no HC experience prior to UConn. And before Geno, UConn had only one winning season in its history. His first year, they finished 12–15 (his only losing season). Connecticut has finished above .500 for 30 consecutive seasons, including six undefeated seasons, 11 National titles, and many more conference titles over the last 30 years or so. The important thing is for the school to commit to fully fund and support WoSo.

23. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    New Mexico State

i know, nobody cares enough, but, open.

24. soccer1212

soccer1212 Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Holmes12 - New Mexico State has been open awhile now.

25. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    oh, ok. i didn't see it on the list above the first time but I see it now. Thanks.