2017 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by StevenLa, Mar 10, 2017.

1. SoIdontgetfined

SoIdontgetfined New Member

May 13, 2016
    Edwin is one of the top tacticians and teachers of the game in the NCAA! Any team he leaves for would immediately be better off with his ability to plan a system and get players to understand that system. But he won't be leaving Duke very loyal to that program. Clearly, you did not get to know him at these camps you speak of.

HatchGK and mpr2477 repped this.
  2. Germans4Allies4

Jan 9, 2010
    It's about talent and Erwin walked into a loaded roster at Duke he didn't recruit. That doesn't make him a great coach (previous AC now HC at Georgia also had good years at Duke). Don't believe Erwin knows much about the other 60-70% of the job which is actually the building and managing part of a program. How did he impact his previous jobs with his tactics and system? Oops, didn't have the pre-existing talent or the Duke label to reload that talent.

3. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Word is there was a player revolt at UMBC (big group of kids complaining) and combined with results decided coaches let go. Surprised as Wray was good locally connected coach but her asst was brought in by her and very connected to her so had to go I guess. They can't give that job to a male anyway as they have something like 8/10 women's teams coached by men already (for another time or thread please!)
    UMBC should be able to compete every year in the AE with just solid MD kids, IMHO. It's an odd place - decent academics but retro suburban campus with it's own beltway. If they changed the name to MD Tech, it would take off!
    Towson and UMBC open, with Loyola, American terrible now. Should be jobs open for those who love traffic!

4. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Agree to disagree on this one. Edwin is known as a good recruiter and that’s a strength he would bring to any program. On field coaching is not one of his big strengths.

I think Pitt would be better off looking at a head coach who has done well with their respective program instead of an assistant. They hired the last two coaches from assistant position and both were a disaster. Time to go in a different direction with the hire.

Any names for the Portland job? Did anyone hear what happened at Youngstown? Two seasons and gone

5. jeffbodislov

jeffbodislov New Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Nov 15, 2017
    erwin not edwin. don't think he is leaving anywhere because he will be the next coach. church speaks very highly about him all the time.

HatchGK repped this.
  6. LilKicker

LilKicker Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Edwin does a good job getting the kids that he should get. Meaning, he is recruiting great level players that Penn State and or UCLA don't want or need.

7. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot seat

Syracuse
    Georgia
    LSU
    Michigan State
    Illinois
    University of Oregon
    Colorado State
    Oregon State
    Temple
    Seton Hall
    Loyola, MD
    American
    Lafayette
    Iona
    St. Peter’s
    FIU
    Sacramento State
    Idaho State
    Weber State
    Georgia Southern
    Wisconsin-Green Bay
    Robert Morris
    IPFW
    University of Louisiana Lafayette
    ETSU
    Chattanooga
    Presbyterian

8. Ingoldsby

Ingoldsby Member

Nov 12, 2014
    You're absolutely right...why would anyone want to go to Duke when they could go to Penn State????

mpr2477 repped this.
  9. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would think if any of these schools were making a move it would have happened already.

10. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Typically there are those that happen right after the season, then those that happen closer to the end of the calendar year where certain coaches contracts expires. This is women’s soccer and unfortunately these schools do not want to be paying someone who isn’t working for them while searching or even hiring the new coach. I feel like things are a little slower this year with the new recruiting rules. With no Disney/ECNL Florida event between Christmas and New Years the rush to have someone in before the school shuts down for Christmas break may not be as pressing.

11. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Slower? There are 18 openings and we have only just completed the first round of the NCAA tournament.

12. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I meant slower in regards to hiring.

Last year there were 20 jobs open by this date, where is that compared to this year? Last count for me was 18 or 19.

13. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Apparently Chicago State is open again.

14. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Toledo is open

15. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Claiming UMBC should be winning is lunatic-talk. The place is bland commuter school hell. They can only recruit out of state because everybody in Maryland knows it sucks. Nothing around there. Unwinnable.

The chickens are roosting for that WM. Lindsey's been biding her time auditioning @ VCU and it's her job.

16. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    UMBC is very winnable. Last place in 2013, then won it all in 2014 which isn’t that long ago. Soccer talent rich state and you can recruit and win there. Stop your nonsense talk Holmes. Right person and right fit can make it happen.

17. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Hampton moving to the Big South. Seat might be hot soon if they can’t recruit, retain and compete!

18. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not hearing this. It's a little surprising. They were somewhat successful this season, notwithstanding the throttling at the hands of Wisconsin in the tournament.

When are you going to put Holmes on ignore? The drivel he spouts is like diarrhea. That's what I expect from him, though, being the beaglebrained fool that he is. I'm just glad that I no longer see the drivel.

RtD! repped this.
  19. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I stand corrected. Greatly apologize. Came across my twitter feed but it was from 2015.

20. calcio1919

calcio1919 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Nov 11, 2017
    I thought they had a good season? NCAA tournament.

21. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As I said above, please diregard. It was on my twitter feed but it’s a story from 2015. It IS NOT open

22. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Open Jobs (19)

Portland
    UConn
    William & Mary
    Pitt
    UMass
    Army
    Miami, OH
    East Carolina
    Richmond
    Towson
    Austin Peay
    Northwestern State
    South Dakota
    New Mexico State
    Marist
    Incarnate Word
    Youngstown
    Prairie View A&M
    UMBC

Missing any?

24. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Such an arrogant man. A mean man. Should I hate him?

25. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #675 Holmes12, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Trustee, UMBC is a boring isolated commuter place built in the pre-planned 60s near envrions which would ultimately turn to poop. 11 of 24 on the roster are in-state (40% or so?), and who knows what % of that is any good. Granted, you're right, centrally located within the mid-Atlantic soccer industry money-hub but, as you see, in-state recruits know its bland. uninspired, blah. Got to get in a car to do anything fun. And who can drink and drive?

Sure, that guy was waxing poetic about a round road ("beltway") on campus...aaaand? I guess that serves to prove he's been there and lives in the area. A round road sells what? I refer to niche ratings.