2017 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Got Jukes?, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    The apathy of play was unbelievable. Last 2 min of game....down by 1... and we are passing all around the outside of the 18 box ????!!!!...shoot the damn ball and hope for a scrum ball in front of goal !!! Constant shots from beyond 20 yards?? I do not get it.

2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I agree GJ.
    Way too many 20 and 25 yard shots in 1st half and no urgency in 2nd even down.

Any chance Mark replaces OB?

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the players are more motivated after the loss?

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  5. Ben.D

Ben.D New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Tom81,
    Anna is better than any other choices on the left of the backline at this point. She can engage both defense and offense really well. I am really impressed by her skills.

6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win! Nice to get a clean sheet and from the box score it looks like UK only had one shot on goal. Biggest match up of the season thus far on Friday against the Gators. Go Noles!

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UF game canceled, and Troy game Tuesday postponed. UNC is the next game. Can the Noles beat UNC?

8. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Certainly they can, but will they?

I don't know.
    I don't sense great chemistry on this team.
    I hope t;hat either I'm wrong, or they get it sorted out.

9. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be safe FSU, Florida, FCGU and all.

uncchamps2012 repped this.
  10. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  11. Bryan Bailey

Bryan Bailey Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Will game vs. UNC be played in Tallahassee on Sunday? I see where the Saturday football game has been postponed.

12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I believe the answer to that is yes.
    The reason for the football game cancellation had more to do with UM getting back home and being able to adequately practice and prepare!

13. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How could we? This is the least challenging out of conference schedule I can remember, yet for the second year in a row FSU loses a game to a much lower ranked team. I hope next year the schedule is tougher occ, like it usually is. If the back line is what is was on Wednesday against UNC Sunday we could get crushed. Not a lot of confidence in this team. FSU has given up a lot of goals to a less than stellar schedule.

14. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florida game has been re-scheduled for October 12.

15. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I don't disagree. Of course, on Wednesday we were missing 2 back liners.
    I think we are missing the physicality of McFarland and Berkley.
    I think there is a lack of chemistry among the players.
    Why? I'm not sure, but I have theories.

16. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Where is Berkley? What happened to her? I read somewhere that someone saw her wearing the type of knee brace worn after an ACL injury and/or surgery. I hope that isn't the case.

17. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a photo from opening weekend where she had the big leg brace on, guessing a redshirt.

18. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew Kuikka and Koivisto where gone today, but where was Anna Patten? Tillman is also missing. UNC beats FSU 1-0. Fwiw UNC was also without many key players today.

19. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    #169 Soccerhunter, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Yes. Apparently the English U19 squad is holding camp this week in preparation for the Euro Qualifiers next month. Louisville was missing English U19 starting midfielder Mollie Rouse today in their 0-2 loss to Boston College, and UNC was without both Brits today at FSU (in addition to injured starting CF Zoe Redei, midfielder Annie Kingman, and, of course, Jesse Scarpa.)

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Those girls are with the U20 squad who are preparing for the World Cup next Summer. They were not in the U19 camp, so they might not have to travel to Kazahkstan next month. The U19 camp finished the day before the U20 camp started as Mo Marley coaches both teams.

21. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks for this good information. It's great to have someone who knows the correct details of foreign teams!

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All you need these days, is twitter/facebook/instagram/snapchat all the english players document their move on social media ;) I also speak to the girls' parents, they are a very reliable source.

23. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Indeed, that explains it! I'm not on social media so miss out on the inside communications. (However, I do talk to players parents when ever the opportunity arises.)

24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    FSU with a 2-1 win over Louisville.
    Not impressive to me.
    The Ville dictated tempo and had us on our heels in the 2nd half.

Patten and Tillman did not start.
    Madrill and Carle outside back with Kuika and Koivisto CB.
    Kuikka looked tough and quick.
    Madrill shows better physicality and quickness.
    Carle looked great going forward (1st goal) in 1st half, but didn't notice her
    in the 2nd. Out of shape, or Mark's strategy?
    Tillman has skills but isn't tough. Won't fight you for the ball.
    Connolly is another that won't fight you for it.
    Sat most of the 2nd half!
    That little girl from the Ville Ekic (fr) will fight you. I'd take her on my team in a
    heartbeat.

Don't know.
    I'm no soccer guru. These are just my opinions!

25. olelaliga

olelaliga Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Agree pretty much with the above. There needs to be a bit more grit and bite. All the skill wins some games, but not enough for a national championship in my estimation. I love the skill so I am hopeful Mark can sprinkle in some of the missing ingredient before too long.

As an aside, Ekic is terrific. I never understood why she was dropped from the U17 WC rosters after a great performance at the first NTC event in the cycle. She has a certain creative edginess to her play that seems to put the YNT coaches off. My best guess, they prefer robotic players- at least that is whom they seem to prefer. Ekic has been on a couple of U19 rosters, would like to see her on some u20 rosters in preparation for the 2018 WC. She is a 1999 birth year