2017 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Got Jukes?, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you! Any thoughts on our new players?

2. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Ohhhhh, lots of thoughts! Team looks really good, new players seemed seamless. Very excited to start in Fall and we are still scheduled to have more players coming in. Going to be a very deep bench!

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2018 FSU commit Jaelin Howell has been called up to the US womens national team!

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Wow!
    We've never had a recruit good enough for a call up to the NT.
    Heck, we've never had one called up from the FSU squad while at FSU to
    my knowledge.

5. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Here is a blurb on Jaelin from a U23 game against Portland Thorns.

M Jaelin Howell – Before coming off in the 62nd minute, Howell was superb at holding midfield. Shielding the back line, she handled the physical challenges well, was tidy with possession and moved the ball quickly. It’s no surprise that she’s heading off to a stint with the full team later this week down in Texas. Howell is going to be a huge hit for Florida State starting in 2018.

Makes me excited for the future!

6. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Casey Short got some good play at CB for the USWNT against Russia.
    Don't know if she'll stick, but it's nice to get a look.
    Also Jaelin Howell was called up, but don't know if she played.

7. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    No, Jaelin did not play. She and high school and club teammate Sophia Smith were added to the roster of the pre-game camp, but neither were named to the 18 member game rosters. (Similarly, fellow 2018 class player Brianna Pinto was on the She Believes roster, but never saw any game action.)

8. Bryan Bailey

Bryan Bailey Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Are these youngsters really better than the top college players? Or, is US soccer thinking that these kids are the next Mallory Pugh's? More often than not, situations like this result in the disappointing realization that the player is more like Freddy Adu. I have never seen these girls play personally. I would hope that US soccer is not just pushing extremely athletic girls to the front of the line, like they have done forever, and that these kids are technically superior to most of the girls in the Country, with superior soccer IQ's, and supreme athletic tools also. The women's side needs to find youngsters that play like Pulisic!

9. collegesoccer1234

collegesoccer1234 New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Holly Fritz to FGCU? Just saw it on the TopDrawer Transfer tracker.

10. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any other FSU news? Not much coverage on the FSU athletics site as usual.

11. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    2 things working against us CH.
    1. Mark is in a habit of holding all info close to the vest.
    He doesn't like our postseason local games on TV,
    apparently because he doesn't want a scouting advantage.
    2. FSU website show precious little interest in the offseason
    for soccer.

I know Mark usually plays several scrimmages against UF,
    some U___ teams and some boys teams.
    I don't know any specific info I can share!

12. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Well if it is a local game most teams won't pick it up unless the game is put on satellite.
    Maybe UF would sell it to their next opponent.:oops: But really, Utah didn't need a scouting report. The Noles just played bad. Makes you wonder what FSU does to get tape on other teams? HMMM.
    From the end of the season to the next.FSU is trying to have players cleared to play especially if they are international/transfer players. Many times players showing up without the NCAA clearance. Some players you never heard of because they turned around and go home. Others stick around to wait for a decision.
    Lastly, I'm glad Mark plays it close to his vest......it makes things very interesting!

13. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2019 Jenna Nighswonger, of Huntington Beach California, has verbally committed to Florida State!

14. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Any in depth info on her?

15. olelaliga

olelaliga Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Shes a regular on the 2000 YNT. So Cal kid. Slammers 00 ECNL. Smallish and waif like. Maybe 5'3" 110 ish. Skillful but not exactly devastating on the dribble. Good vision and technique. Plays ACM #5 slammers. I found this not super recent video there are probably others that are better.

16. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got Jukes?, you mentioned another goalkeeper coming in this fall, is that Bollinger? Is she graduating early, I thought she was class of '18.

17. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Yes, Brooke. She is graduating 1 year early. At least that is what I have heard.

18. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moul has transferred. Looks like a lot of scholarship space has opened with the mass exodus this off-season.

19. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any FSU soccer news?

20. juve 3

juve 3 New Member

Juventus
    United States
    May 30, 2017
    A creator and creative with the ball. Small in stature but it doesn't matter. We have seen and even deployed tactics of knocking her off the ball when playing against her. She gets up just as fast doesn't seem to miss a step and will make the opponent play. Equally good with her left and right. Has caps with the U16 U17 and U18 WNT. Has led her club team to 2 consecutive National Championships and working on a 3rd. Recently named by Topdrawersoccer as top 3 in the class of 2019. So I would say its a good grab for FSU.

Got Jukes? repped this.
  21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Casey Short is getting some serious play with the USWNT.
    I have no inside info, but I'm guessing she sticks. They beat
    Sweden in a friendly in Sweden today.
    She played all of the game I believe.

22. Ben.D

Ben.D New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Good read on Gloriana. I had heard she was fitting in real well in the spring and making an impact. Glad to see it acknowledged by Mark who is usually real reserved.
    Can't wait.

25. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    The important factor will be that all the players play as a team, not individual stars. That's what won the Natty in 2014 and cost us the Natty in 2015.