2017 Friendlies

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game clearly showed the difference between second division US soccer and Premier division Mexican soccer. We hung with them for 20 minutes, but the superior speed and skills won out.

Nice to see Hartegan and McGlynn get time on the field. Deep-fried Snickers bar from the State Fair made the heat bearable, lol.

mangerson repped this.
  3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    TBH Pachuca aren't a regular side from Liga MX. Los Tuzos are The Champions of North America. I know Sac-town didn't play vs Pachuca's best, but IMHO Sac-town did a a good job of representing.

4. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Every time I started getting a little frustrated at the little mistakes we were making, and had to remind myself who they were playing.

Measured against that stick (and the fact our midfield was a mess with Barrera and Caesarez out), our boys did pretty well.

5. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't intend my comment to slight our performance. Just the opposite, in fact. I was impressed with Pachuca - their speed, skills, and movement. I will likely watch more Liga MX matches this coming year as a result. I noticed during the few games I watched this year that Liga MX seems to have cracked down on the diving, which was why i tuned out originally.

Robdog repped this.
  6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    also you will be able to watch them in December in the World Club Cup