2017 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by seamuslush, Aug 9, 2016.

1. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They have a plan (and had many plans), but acquiring that much land in NYC is a bit difficult.
    Also, they have such great crowds at Yankee Stadium that it seems less of a priority.
    That being said, the field is awful.

The starts and stops of the various proposals regarding NYCFC have their Wikipedia page.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_FC_Stadium

https://www.hudsonriverblue.com/201...fc-stadium-news-bronx-pier-40-flushing-corona

2. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How do MLS clubs build depth? How do they get their young prospects ready to play in MLS? Not by loaning 3 guys out to their USL affiliate!!! Why constrain yourself to a straw, when you can have a big, fat pipe? No excuse! The club needs to be released from Cakes' shoestring shackles and start doing it right. New owner priorities: USL club ownership and a first rate training complex (am sure there are others).

loonixxx repped this.
  3. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of our affiliate, Tulsa is playing Swope Park at 7:30 PM.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Stop wallowing. Everything's perfect. You have no right to interfere with my entertainment. All I care about is winning. We'll be better off without you. Everyone knows Jack Harrison actually sucks.

I'm practicing to be a brain dead swallower. How did I do?

5. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jack Harrison doesn't suck, Brandon Vincent is just better. [emoji12]

Jiggly_333 and bunge repped this.
  6. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:)

;)

GHjelm repped this.
  7. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    They updated the article, he'll miss the next 2 games, at least 3 total.

8. Simon James

Simon James New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jun 27, 2017
    There's no speculation to support this but the two players that I'd love to see the Fire pursue are Rooney and Ibrahimovich. Even post injury, and at 36, Zlatan would score 50 goals in this league and be an absolute boss over here. His technical quality is just that high. He wouldn't need to be mobile at all. Rooney, on the other hand is just 32, and even though he is absolutely done at the top level, he could come over here and be the best player in the league for the next 3-4 seasons. He still has a great engine, and playing his as a 10 or even 8, would transform most MLS sides.

goldclover repped this.
  9. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Go away.

10. Simon James

Simon James New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jun 27, 2017
    You're a real baby.

11. bunge

Oct 24, 2000

Red and White 97 repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes, I am.
    Now go away.

13. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is this a spoof account?

14. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I know the Simon James bashing is fun, but I would agree with both of these players being great for MLS. I don't think Zlatan would score anywhere near 50 goals, but he would most definitely threaten the record of 27. I'm not sure where you get the impression he will not be mobile. He was one of the more active players for your team this year and by all accounts, he is recovering very well from surgery. No reason to think he won't be his normal martial arts self. I'm sure he would stay in Europe next year if they were on our schedule, but he will miss half the season over there. Rooney is still an excellent player and would be a solid midfielder at this point, although I don't believe he would be the best player in the league. Top 10? Sure.

15. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    xtomx repped this.
  16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    What does this even mean?

17. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We have our forward, he's 29 and he's leading the Golden Boot race by 3 goals.

As to Zlatan, 50 goals? No way. Would he be a total boss in MLS? Hell, yes. Think he's LA bound.

WRT Rooney, I think his head would explode in MLS. He'd be an impact player, but I don't think he'll be able to transform a team (a la Schweinsteiger).

goldclover repped this.
  18. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    plus, he might bump into Chad Barrett and confuse everyone.

[​IMG]

Joe in CO, xtomx, Chris M. and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Red and White 97

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 22, 2017
    Guess what? Nobody likes Rooney and we can't afford Ibra. No go away to the Manchester United thread and give your hit takes there.

20. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Ghanaweb.com rumors

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePa...-on-Accam-as-Gyan-transfer-alternative-552584

Chicago Fire winger, David Accam is being targeted by Bursaspor as an alternative for pricey Black Stars skipper, Asamoah Gyan.

Turkish side, Bursaspor were unable to lure Black Stars record scorer Gyan with a €1.6m a year offer.

They have now turned their attention to three players - Benjamin Moukandjo of Lorient, Accam and Swansea star, Modou Barrow to occupy the wing roles of their team.

Accam has been a long-term transfer target for the Bursaspor transfer committee, who are convinced the player is eager to come to Europe.

The transfer is expected to gain momentum after the committee meets with new Bursaspor coach, Paul Le Guen today.

Accam, 26, has made an impressive start to the MLS season with Chicago Fire. He has scored 10 goals and notched six assists this season.

Only two other players in Major League Soccer have 16 combined goals and assists, New York City FC's David Villa and teammate Nemanja Nikolic (the leading goal-scorer in the league).

goldclover and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Brandon Vincent moves ahead of Michael Harrington on the Audi Player Index, 215 to 212. For comparison, Matt Polster is at 422 and Jack Harrison at 401.

goldclover and loonixxx repped this.
  22. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Audi Player Index is a bunch of horse shit.

nowherenova and xtomx repped this.
  23. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't really looked in depth at what it tracks but I'd say Harrison has had more of an impact than Polster.

24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I'm trying to figure out how it's calculated so I can judge its effectiveness. That said, as a general list it seems roughly accurate.

Gamecock14 repped this.
  25. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I put Harrison on there as a joke for @Jiggly_333. That said, Harrison might be a detriment on defense while Polster is a positive attacking and defending. Something like that.

goldclover repped this.