2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup South Korea

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Centauro del Norte, Mar 15, 2017.

1. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pendejo Venegas.

2. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This Antuna scrub blew so many chances.

#DigalenoaunmundialsinLainez.

rich loc repped this.
  3. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sounds like the same problem every game

We had 20 mins a man up, too? No mamen

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The issue was the constant centers over the top, England is taller and that was never going to work. The team was much more dangerous when they played the ball on ground and cut into space. The strikers were just not that great in this one. Seeing Venezuela play, I feel like it will be them and Italy in the final.

5. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Mexico played their best game of the tournament but it was not enough. They really suffered when England totally dominated for some stretches. Antuna is a talented player but makes too many bad decisions. Still he looks like he has a future, which many don't. I keep saying that if Eduardo Aguirre doesn't change his position, this will be the last you see of him. Pablo Lopez also seems to be done. The team improved a lot once he was benched. Mexico punched above their weight and did better than expected and shown. Still it seems like a wasted opportunity because so many players were left and all for nothing.

JJV1994 repped this.
  6. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This team was no championship material--which is sad, because they seemed like a really solid team. They had three chances to make a gol in the last 15 mins, alone. Almostrito.

And still Mex suffers from scoring. Funny that this was their best game of the previous 4 and lost. Anyway. I had higher hopes for this sub 20 than I did for sub 17--unless they get Lainez and a couple of other players of that age that have played first division games.

7. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cisneros, Cervantes, Edson, Antuna, and maybe Aguilar all have a future if they keep growing as players. I'm shocked Lopez didn't pan out for the U20, after having been the best of the 2015 U17 World Cup team.

8. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Predictable offensive plan by Mexico.

JJV1994 repped this.
  9. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the biggest items I saw in display was the constant back passing when they could have done a quick one touch to an open player. It was driving me insane seeing these players constantly trying to cut back and forced to back pass.

JJV1994 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  10. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True, although I'm actually surprised they controlled the ball so well. If they would have made their chances more concrete, they could've made it to the next round.

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Aguilar was surprisingly good and Cisneros picked it up after a bad start. Edson was the best player in talent although he made some mistakes and I don't know if he's at the level some people think he is. Cervantes also picked it up a lot. Some players looked to be good for a Liga MX career although that's about it.

The crossing strategy was terrible. They really didn't figure out that England players were just going to clear those out. Some players like Antuna also were scared to screw up and thus why there was no long range shooting at all.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Abraham Romero also stood out with this team. Might have been the best player. Mexico better keep an eye on him because like with the Jesse thing, they will have to do a strategy on how to deal with dual nationals.

JJV1994 repped this.
  13. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What strategy? Just fvcking call them up and play them, don't need a fvcking strategy to do that.

It's called FOOTBALL and Ramjv10 repped this.
  14. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Les dije que era bueno o no?. @LaMascara

Some of y'all hated on the kid during the U17 World Cup in Chile... Anyhow..

A Romero lo despreciaron y discriminaron los putos Gringos... Por eso eligió a México. No creo que se vaya con ellos...

Espero que Alonso lo debute pronto. Estoy seguro que le dará chance en la Copa MX...

Jesse debería de aprender de todas las pendejadas que hace la federación de los nads..

LaMascara repped this.
  15. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We have Íann Jairo Misael Torres who single-handedly carried México in the U17 Concacrap...

I'm hoping Pepe Cruz gives him minutes with Atlas...

Imagine Torres playing on the right and Laínez on the left.... México should aspire to win the title in India...

Ruiz should have called Torres for this World Cup also... He could have provided more than some of these players...

DankYummy repped this.
  16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shit

Woke up and saw we lost. Sucks. But to be perfectly honest, this team got farther than many of us thought considering the type of squad we had. So props to them

JJV1994 repped this.
  17. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    What worried me was how poorly coached the team was in the qualifiers.

18. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, yes... The coaching has been the main constraint regarding our youth teams...

19. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    This type of play should already be expected, imo. Good ball retention, smooth passing, player movement, etc. Those are typically the hallmarks of Mexican football.

...it took the team 4 games to look comfortable and at ease with themselves. Hmm.

thedragonrik58 and JJV1994 repped this.
  20. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I always think we need more work on all NT levels at making runs into space and having players in the middle of the pitch that can pass that ball into that space.

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The 4-4-2 and long balls to no one needs to go away

Sugatot, DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  22. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1st part, not necessarily. The 2nd part, absolutely. [emoji106]

DankYummy repped this.
  23. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    I can't wait until this line of thinking dies.

So if a U20 player has a breakout season in Liga Mx but wasn't part of the "proceso" he has little chance of being called.

24. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    is one of the biggest cancers in mexican football along with the "jerarquias"

Hecho en Chivas and TGO repped this.
  25. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    This too:

one of the comments says;

Hecho en Chivas and DankYummy repped this.