[2017 EAFF E-1 Football Championship] Korea vs Japan 2017/12/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Kwangaetto

Kwangaetto New Member

South Korea
    Dec 2, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just a general question. Should we focus more on K-leaguers over China based players? K-league IMHO is much better than the Chinese domestic league (Just look at our performances at AFC Champions League level). From a players' perspective, going to China shouldn't increase their chance to get into the National team but rather decrease their chances automatically.

2. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nah. it was some no namer from Spotv. 이천수 at least has good 쓴소리 for KNT but he's JTBC.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #103 Seol Korea, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    I like the idea of Ko Yo-han at DM as he did very well in that position vs Colombia, especially shutting out James all night, although it seems that he'll remain mainly as a FB, plus he needs to play in that position more often against different oppositions to analyze his strengths and weakness as a DM. Two DMs that should be tested out for next year's winter training camp is Shin Hyung-min and Lee Chan-dong, both have the physical toughness as well as they are the deep lying type that provides cover at the back of the midfield, so it will give the likes of Ki Sung-yong more freedom up front.

There's also Pohang's Son Jun-ho whom I've been bringing up for a long time.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  4. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Can we start a kickstarter or gofundme to pay off JHS so he volunteers to injure himself so he cant get selected to go to Russia? I've never seen such a waste of flesh and blood get so much guaranteed playing time with seemingly zero redeeming qualities. As if his crappy passes, poor marking, poor spatial awareness, and general poor decision making wasn't bad enough, he just has such a punchable face. Seeing his name on the starters list seriously makes me want to vomit.

aeh1991, TaegukRedDevil and Seol Korea repped this.
  5. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    But def the A squad at the back with JHS back there.

jessypjs repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #106 Seol Korea, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    I want both Jang Hyun-soo and Jung Woo-young to be injured before the WC, and I don't feel bad about it either. Those two can fcuk off forever.

7. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Literally, when is the last time JHS had even a "good" game for us on any level? He was a useless pylon even as an overage for us in Rio. ugh...like wtf man. I couldn't even enjoy this 4-1 asswhooping of Japan because this d*ckface got a damn award.

At least w JWY, he's not a lock for Russia (although this goal today is definitely not going to help). And even if he does come to Russia he's not stepping on the field. But as much as I hate to admit it JHS is a virtual lock for the squad and a 90% lock to have a place in the starting XI for all three group stage games.

LeeSeungWoo and Seol Korea repped this.
  8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only time Jang Hyun-soo ever played like a good boy was against Colombia, but only because of the reassurance of Kwon Kyung-won and our FBs in Choi Chul-soon + Kim Jin-su.

sac517 repped this.
  9. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    you are right, he was serviceable that match. my subconscious blocked it out. i also noticed you left him out as a lock on your post in the other thread. come on, man. you know he's coming, lol.

Kanuck and Seol Korea repped this.
  10. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Could have been 4-0 or more if not for JHS's stupid mistakes

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know Shin Tae-yong won't drop him, which is why I want him injured :cool:.

Kanuck and seolseol repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'll like to try out Han Kookyoung again lol. I know I know, but I feel like one of the biggest reason why he was a bad player was the our previous managers wanted to play possession based football and we all know HKY not the best passer or a player with good technical skills. But he is a very good tackler and in a 4-4-2 formation, I'll just have him run around a go ham on people. He won't be doing a lot of passing.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    and he gets himself a red card.

I thought a lot of posters here pointed out he was a headless chicken most of the time?

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He too has a serious drop in concentration and physical strength like Jang Hyun-soo and Jung Woo-young, and a lot of the tackling that he's displayed during the U-20/U-23 era have been minimal to none for the Senior Team; tackling alone won't be good enough at the WC.

It's time for a change, and we need to test out other options first rather than giving another headache one more chance.

jessypjs repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    don't need much concentration like before where a bad pass will lead to a counter. I just need a guy that can has high workrate/energy. Someone that can heckle players for 90 mins and cover a huge amount of space.
    I'm not talking about a single anchor as well that plays above our defenders, he'll play in congested area because we'll pack deep and hit hard with counter. I think he'll fit well.
    LCD, he's not that good. Shim is too old, I'll rather not add another old player. I don't trust his fitness to play 3 games in short amount of time. This position will be very taxing.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Meh, 31 isn't relatively that old, plus we need to be testing for both plan A and B, Shin Hyung-min in particular would be more of a plan B player.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I agree that our CDM pool is limited. We need to test them all out! But what does STY do? He tests his old player from Seongnam who's also played no role for his club because of injury. :rolleyes:

Seol Korea repped this.
  18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2010 Kim Jung-woo was the next best thing we've had after the Kim Nam-il era. Kim Eun-sun was the next hope, but it's a pity that it didn't come to fruition. Kim Won-shik is also another failed hope at DM.

19. Kwangaetto

Kwangaetto New Member

South Korea
    Dec 2, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What happened to Kim Eun-sun? hmmm. It looks like he went to join the Asan police team in the army.

20. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Look, I know JHS and JWY aren't playing well, but wishing injury upon someone whose livelihood and life depends on their career is really ********ed up. There were 10000 better ways of wording what you said.

chook90 and jessypjs repped this.
  21. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KKW and Minjae will replace JHS. So no, more like B/C squad.

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Even against Colombia, he made a bunch of stupid pass misses in the danger zone.

ConcernedK repped this.
  23. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    full match

wrecklesssoldier and chook90 repped this.
  24. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Ok, but you knew i was being sarcastic right? lol

25. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ Nope. 미안!