2017 Draft thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Jan 5, 2017.

1. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are your thoughts on Palestine's motion to FIFA to have Israel suspended for having illegal teams in their territory and preventing Palestine players from participating in sanctioned league matches? And what are your thoughts on Infantino's motion to suspend the motion 'until further notice'?

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    I don't give a sht. It's not CONCACAF.

El Naranja repped this.
  3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How will the current C'CAF president get a Carribbean league set up? Seems like a tough sell due to costs unless they get a grant from HQ, no?

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Maybe use some of that World Cup money.......Oh wait. Where did it go?

[​IMG]

El Naranja repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that the official wireless sponsor of the Dynamo appreciates one of its players publicly trashing its service in Houston on Twitter:

872972300873871360 is not a valid tweet id

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    youre literally the only one who cares.

Hydro, RTBO84 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll see how long it stays up. He seems fairly miserable in this country, probably should leave

8. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's definitely positively un-American to complain about service. A real American would never do such a thing.

palmeiras59, El Naranja and *rey* repped this.
  9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You ever publicly tweet complaints about your clients? Or customers of your clients? Is that a good practice?

10. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they are no more his clients than aramark is a client of someone who works the gift shop at bbva.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well first of all Aramark I don't believe is involved with the Dynamo so I'm not sure what type of analogy you're trying to drive at here. Second, the response was back to Maniac and how he handles things.

Beyond that I'm pretty sure when a decent-sized sponsor of your club does a Social Media night with player emoji's that the club probably doesn't want it's own players trashing the sponsor

12. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Personally, I didn't know Sprint was a Dynamo sponsor, wouldn't shock me if he doesn't either. However, two things come to mind:

1) If the Dynamo want their players talking sponsors up and not saying negative things about them, then it is incumbent upon the Dynamo to train the players on the matter and ensure they are well aware of who current sponsors are. I'm pretty sure they don't do that.

2) Whether you view it as something he shouldn't have done, it has nothing at all to do with where he is from. Americans are equally likely to get pissed off at poor service and hit out at it.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sprint also has a large sign on the big North scoreboard to the right of the video screen - it's hard to miss:

http://www.houstondynamo.com/post/2016/07/26/sprint-new-official-wireless-provider-houston-dynamo

On point 1), when the players or their teammates do Xfinity store appearances, do you think they don't realize it's a team sponsor? Are they confused about 76?

On 2), he doesn't seem real enthused about being in this country and the direction of its leadership and since he is just a guest here, maybe it's best he go back to England

14. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

On point 1, since when does Sprint have anything to do with Xfinity? Is Sprint on the front of a shirt? How many sponsors do the Dynamo have, are Dynamo players expected to check out each and ever sign in the stadium and memorize them all on their own? How much time has Holland spent in this stadium anyway?

Back to your original question, no I would not, but then I own the company so it's not quite the same thing. If I had a brand new bottom of the rung employee fresh out of college, I would feel the need to train that employee on what is and is not expected of them. I would not assume that they automatically know, because you know what happens when we assume.

On the final point, perhaps I have a different perspective as I've lived all over the world. I'm sure you are aware that he pays taxes in this country without having a vote on how that money is spent. In the various places I've lived, I've never felt that the fact that I wasn't born there meant that I was not entitled to an opinion. Your problem is that you don't agree with his opinion. I put the emphasis on "your problem". It's not his problem, it's yours. If he was voicing political opinions that were in full agreement with your own, I doubt you'd be posting about him so much.

Again, your problem, not his.

Hydro, El Naranja and palmeiras59 repped this.
  15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So in sum according to you: the players are oblivious to sponsor obligations/sponsors/large signs in the stadium; the team doesn't educate them; team doesn't give the players any "tips" on social media conduct, and his opinion is valid because he pays taxes but can't vote (which BTW, happens in most of the US states where you have to pay CA income tax if you are there more than a certain number of days in the year, most likely because your employer sent you there for an assignment (involuntary) unlike Joe Holland who is here employed on a voluntary basis).

16. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You got it! It only took two tries, bravo! Who says all Trump supports are dense, proof that's not true! ;)

Hydro and El Naranja repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    874094368692596740 is not a valid tweet id

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if the players are as oblivious as you make them sound, they clearly must have voted for Hilary Clinton if they were eligible to vote.

19. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    considering more people did than didnt thats not some deep insight from you

20. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I can only rep the above comment only once. :(

Two people who have now become OVWC (Official Victims of Westside's Cyberbullying): @brahmafutbol and now Holland.

Westside's attitude toward those two guys is f* creepy.

And once again, it never fails to astonish me how some folks directly engage Westside on these discussions? Do y'all really think you are effectively neutralizing his trolling, or y'all just feel better about yourselves knowing how smart y'all are?

Do y'all read his dumb crap and then y'all say "Westside is typing something wrong... let me go correct him so he learns his lesson"????

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Texas? Where the team is located?

22. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm just having fun trolling back.

23. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone should just do the right thing. Block.

24. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a daggum minute
    [​IMG]

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only ones who block are ones like you can't take being wrong most of the time.