2017 Dallas Cup and Generation Adidas Cup

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Clint Eastwood, Jan 9, 2017.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Carranza is a similar situation to Rennicks and the FCD player you mention. The main difference between them are that that it went public with details. Carranza who is one of our top '99s and one of DCUnited's top prospect but left last year to train with NCFC (Carolina). Then went to Europe to trial after he turned 18 but recently signed an amateur contract with Carolina. Why did he leave. Why did he pick Carolina. Why didn't he sign in Europe. Why did he only sign an amateur contract. The public nature of the Rennicks situation makes the details sound bad.
    I just think at some point the team's interests should also be considered and not just the player's.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #152 Clint Eastwood, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    The Dallas Cup schedule has been released. I looked over all of the age groups, and there's a lot going on. What stood out to me immediately? Both FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo have their affiliates from Mexico at the event. Houston has two Mexico affiliates (Monterrey and Mexico). FCD has a Monterrey affiliate, and their FCD El Paso affiliate will also be there. These teams are in the younger age brackets.

The first game for our three MLS teams in the Supergroup:

April 9th: Coritiba versus Real Salt Lake
    Everton versus FC Dallas
    TFC versus Red Bull Brasil

In the U19 bracket that isn't the Supergroup we've got the Houston Dynamo, New York Soccer Club (an affiliate of NYCFC), Dallas Texans, Solar Chelsea, Austin Texans (Houston affiliate of the Dallas Texans), FC Golden State, California Rush. Another club I'm keeping an eye on in that division is Real Miami FC, who seem pretty ambitious.

3. USSoccerPatriot

USSoccerPatriot New Member

May 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #156 ussoccer97531, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    A number of GA Cup games are streamed tomorrow.

These are names to keep an eye on. Not sure which of these players will play, but these players are all age eligible.

10 AM ET: NYCFC vs. Seattle

NYCFC: There is a lot of talent in these age groups for NYCFC. Potential to watch three big names, James Sands ('00), Gio Reyna ('02) and Joseph Scally('02). Sands is a starter for the '00 age group and played well in preseason for the first team of NYCFC, Reyna and Scally are among the best players in the '02 age group. There are some others interesting names, Will Sands ('00), Alexsi Morel ('01), Will Citron ('01), Justin Haak ('01), Harrison Robledo ('02), Veljko Petkovic ('01) to name a few.

Seattle: Seattle has a pretty decent side highlighted by Khai Brisco ('00), Azriel Gonzalez ('01), Alfonso Ocampo Chavez ('02), Daniel Robles ('02) and Josh Atencio ('02).

12:15 PM ET: Monterrey vs. Chicago

Chicago: Chicago always has underrated talent. Maybe no really big names in this group right now, but Nicholas Slonina ('01), Damien Las ('02), Nick Fernandez ('01) and Takumi Ikeda ('02) are some players to watch out for.

1:00 PM ET: Orlando vs. Chivas

Orlando: Kind of underwhelming group of talent. Alejandro Pereira ('00), Allen Seals ('00), Mario Licor ('00), Asyed Sanchez ('00) are names to watch.

3:30 PM ET: RSL vs. Real Madrid:

RSL: Very deep and talented group for RSL. Taylor Booth ('01) and Luis Arriaga ('01), two of the best 01's in the country highlight this group. David Ochoa ('01), Sebastian Soto ('00), Eduardo Blancas ('01), Ben Ortiz ('01), Nico Ovalle ('00) are also big time prospects.

5:45 PM ET: FCD vs. Independiente de Valle

FCD: The best academy in the country. Tons of talent, tons of depth. This team should be highlighted by HGP's Jesus Ferreira ('00) and Bryan Reynolds ('01) who are among the very best players in the country in their age group. There are so many others to name that should be watched out for. To really just name a few (because we know FCD's reserves would be starters on a lot of USSDA teams), Brayan Padilla ('00), Julian Hinojosa ('01), Thomas Roberts ('01), Nathan Toledo ('01), Michael Collodi ('01), Johan Gomez ('01), Beni Redzic ('02), James Dunning ('02) , Diego Lateyf ('02), and there's a small chance that Dante Sealy ('03) could be eligible or play at this event. I don't know the eligibility requirements, its probably unlikely he plays, but he should be mentioned.

7:15 PM ET: Atlanta United vs. River Plate.

Atlanta: This team has an absolute embarrassment of riches. Most talented US team in this event IMO, but not all their talent might may. Andrew Carleton ('00) is IMO the best long term prospect the USA has in any age group. Lets hope he's not playing in this tournament. Besides Carleton, there's also Chris Goslin ('00) and George Bello ('02) who are probably among the few best players in their age group. Carlos Asensio ('00), James Brighton ('00), Zyen Jones ('00), Kendall Edwards ('01), Daniel Mangarov ('02) are also good players.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #157 Clint Eastwood, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    I really hope a Galaxy game is streamed. An enormous amount of young talent "playing up" in their GA squad. We can lament that Llanez and Alvarez are playing with Mexico, but these are players produced in this country.

From an FCD perspective, we have to remember that they're playing in both the Dallas Cup and the Generation Adidas Cup. It seems to me that the Dallas Cup is higher priority. Its unclear to me whether the prospects you mention (like Ferreira and Reynolds) will play in the GenAd Cup or the Dallas Cup. You probably saw the same tweet I did from Will Parchman indicating that they're playing in the GenAd Cup, but I haven't seen that from an FCD source.

The Dallas Cup is a higher level as a U19 competition, as opposed to the U17 GenAd Cup. I'd play Ferreira and Reynolds "up an age group" with the U19s, along with Cannon and Pomykol. Maybe even Canadian Adonijah Reid as well, but I don't know what his status is.

[Yes, I'd rather have Pomykol and Cannon go 90 minutes against the level of competition at the Dallas Cup, than be bench players for the first team. Hell, FCD has gotten both Victor Ulloa and young DP fullback Anibal Chala back. So I don't know if Cannon or Pomykol even make the bench right now. Mauro Diaz is also reportedly kicking a ball around.]

Tactical Hipster repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    For those wanting to keep track of the results at the Dallas Cup:

I haven't seen any information about games being streamed from the Dallas Cup, but select games were streamed last season. Particularly those at the Cotton Bowl.

For those wondering if Matt Olosunde will be traveling with the Man United squad, the answer is YES.
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

United: Max Johnstone, Theo Richardson; Jake Kenyon, Lee O'Connor, Matthew Olosunde, Regan Poole, George Tanner, Tyrell Warren; Aidan Barlow, Ethan Hamilton, Callum Gribbin, Tosin Kehinde, Tom Sang, Callum Whelan; Joshua Bohui, Nishan Burkart, Zak Dearnley.

8. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Xihouxuh, Llanez, and Alvarez will someone please just give the keys to our youth system too 3four3 ?

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  10. ShadowMoses2

ShadowMoses2 Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Austin, Tx
    Neg Rep. Why don't we wait until one of those players from 3four3 actually has a decent pro career or national team career for the USA until we say that?

butters59 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the games gonna be streamed on the MLS Youtube channel?

13. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    And we will produce more players for Mexico.

14. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's about the talent produced within youth academies - Professional careers are on the maturity of the individual.

Youth Coaches can only do so much and 3four3 are the best in this country.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They are. I listed out all the games that are streamed today. The first game is over, the second one is about to begin.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You act as if 3four3 is some organization to run a national team program. It's Gary Kleiban. One guy with a big ego.
    His brother I'm sure helps out on the side with the course development, Brian Kleiban is the U14 coach for LAGalaxy.
    3four3 is basically one person.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Results pouring in from today's GenAd Cup games. Some interesting ones to digest.
    Three opportunities against Mexican teams...................three losses. Que Sara Sara.........

upload_2017-4-7_15-23-45.png

Overachiever repped this.
  18. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Who is Sara?

19. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  20. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Brian is coaching the U16 and U18s now that Mike Munoz was promoted to G2.

SUDano repped this.
  21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club: