2017 Confederations Cup - Qualifiers, News and Updates [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Paul Calixte, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think instead of tbh you should say imo. Tbh implies you have some sort of truth, when the reality is you have no clue.

2. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    To compare ...

[​IMG]

PS haha nani

3. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hate to break this to you but you can't be serious with comparing these two pictures, can you? One is made several years earlier with makeup and photoshopped while the other is with bad light, without makeup and photoshop doing sports. To compare these two is just bloody hilarious.

4. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    I hate to break this to you but you don't have to be serious all the time.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually, that second image comes from club playing, where his current team sucks real bad.
    As the Confed cup, is for National teams and not for clubs, you should use this next image instead :

[​IMG]

An image, that Belgium players can only wish for (as they have never won anything at national team level, ever) .....:sneaky:

BocaFan repped this.
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm German though.

GoodDead, Blondo and unclesox repped this.
  7. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Blud ... Conmebol WCQs are more exciting than that nonsense
    ... Belgium have won the most prestigious tournament of its day, at the Olympics, well before most countries achieved anything of note (at the time it wasn't an event for youth teams, like it is now) and unlike Uruguay we don't even give a shit about it
    ... in the last World Cup Chile were knocked out in the RO16 by a team that later was trampled 7-1, haha fam-a-lam

[​IMG]

=> reminding me to use images of Chile ... here's Chile's Gary Medel at the Copa America:

[​IMG]

That really creeps me out ... even for Belgian standards that's NOT OK ... I'm sorry chilbros but I'll have to downgrade you even further ... admittingly, Chile were a joy to watch under Sampaoli ... had to vomit when I saw that crap though.

8. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Medel kissing his own son with love, at a moment of great happiness, gives you the creeps ?
    :rolleyes:

You should also take a good look at all the tatoo's he has on his body (specially his arms), where he has the names of all those loved by him, written on him, as well (a practice lots of chilean players do, btw)

Well, you got that one 100 % correct.

In Chile, we love our own children, and we are not afraid on expressing it by publicly kissing them, as to most of us round here, children are, our most important and highly valued treasure.:inlove:

Dage repped this.
  9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Do you kiss your children that way? ... I'm already dialing Child Protective Services

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes.

A simple kiss on the mouth (mouth closed or only slightly open, no tongue involved, only lips involved), only expresses love among parts. I do it all the time, not only with my children, but also with my wife and with parents as well (to certain extent, even with own pets, but with them you must be lots more careful, as they can give you unintentionally, some health related problems, by doing so)

If you want to see a perversion, where there isn't any, then the one with problems in its head, might be you instead.
    I'd suggest you that instead of dialing protective services, to go to a psychologist, first.

11. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    You're not even joking ... ffs sudacas

[​IMG]

12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #362 Rickdog, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017

Why should I be joking over such a sensitive issue ?

And btw, in football all around the world you can see the same kind of expressions, not only among fans, but also among players. Nothing wrong in that as well (as long as they don't get carried away with it, taking it to the next level, in which case it might hurt more than some people's sensitivities).

Just to give you the creeps.....:p take a look here (last one, sure gives creeps, to almost everybody, as it seems actors decided to take it a bit further) :

And also btw, you might not know it (so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but I will still get a moderator to see it). Calling out any south americans as " Sudacas" is an expression of hate and demeaning towards us, in general).

@Nico Limmat

13. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not how I'd feel comfortable expressing affection for my kids...but apparently kissing as a form of affection comes from back when mothers chewed up food and gave it to their small children mouth-to-mouth (i.e. before we humans figured out mashed food), so there is precedent.

tudobem62014 and Rickdog repped this.
  14. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Where my dogs at?

15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Maybe things will get more serious when the CC draws nearer ... as always the americans are right

[​IMG]

16. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Right, can we lay off the "Sudacas" term and get somewhat back on topic?

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Quite a few teams in this CC might not qualify for Russia in 2018

... Germany probably qualify because it's Germany
    ... Mexico get in because it's concacaf Qs
    ... the others still quite a ways off from getting there

18. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I bet Russia will be there....
    :p

Paul Calixte repped this.
  19. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Russia are hosts/don't have to qualify, genius.

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #370 Rickdog, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    They qualified only after FIFA gave them the hosting rights for the WC, as before that moment, they weren't qualified, and there were many bidders for hosting the WC, whom could have qualified instead.

Oh, and being host of the tournament, doesn't necessarily give automatic qualification, as at least there has been one WC in the past, where the host actually had to play qualifiers to get the tickets to its own tournament (Italy 1934). More so, there was another host, whom also had to play qualifiers, although their WC spot was never at risk, because those qualifiers were also used at the same time, for another local tournament (South Africa 2010).

21. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...then again, we could have Chile-New Zealand as a playoff, guaranteeing us at least one of them qualifying. :D

22. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Confederations Cup tickets unsold as Russian broadcasters reluctant to join the party:
    http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...ld-russian-broadcasters-reluctant-join-party/
    Looks like there will be plenty of empty seats...

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I could imagine a German saying hey we won the World Cup in Brazil!
    Our prize? A trip in the Summer of 2017 to Russia.

Booo.

25. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States