2017 Colorado Buffaloes

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by unkiemark, Dec 17, 2016.

1. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then there were three.

Washington State at #16 Florida.

#27 Florida State at #1 Stanford. Stanford defeated #38 Auburn 2-0.

#12 Virginia at #4 UCLA. UCLA defeated #34 Northwestern 1-0 in overtime.

and of possible interest to somebody (me)

Santa Clara (go Broncos !!) at #5 (#1 seed) South Carolina.

#10 Penn State at #7 West Virginia (Go Mountaineers !!)

2. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Wondering what kept Becca Rasmussen and Cassie Phillips out. I don't think either of them even made the trip East...neither is in the group photos from North Carolina. I did hear that Becca had a concussion from the Utah game (or in practice before?), but don't know for certain. Could have been a different result with both she and Cassie playing. Princeton beat NC yesterday to advance...bad luck for NC...sounds like the NC GK had a tough outing...Princeton's first goal was an own-goal bouncing off an NC player in the GK's attempt to clear, and the OT winning goal squibbed by when the NC GK charged out to snuff it. NC out-shot the Tigers by a fair amount...but that's soccer. I guess NC had some key injuries too, but they have such a big roster that it's probably easier for them to cope with injuries than most teams. Looking forward to watching the Buffs in 2018, including the Spring scrimmage games. We should be stronger than ever next year.

3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    What have I been saying about Hannah Cardenas?

4. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yes re Hannah Cardenas. And Kelsey Aaknes the year before. Coach has a way of finding top D players who are somewhat under the radar, at least until they are seniors in high school. I think Kelsey went from a no-star TDS rating to 4-star by the time she graduated. We have a small but strong 2018 class coming-in, including a similar somewhat under the radar but top D player. One for 2019 too. And the 2019 and 2020 classes are already shaping-up to be the best overall classes we've ever had. Our single (so far) 2021 commit is one of the best Canadian junior players. Lots to be excited about for the future, including next season with so much talent returning...10 of 11 starters and three top Forwards returning from knee issues. Go Buffs!

5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Agree with Pat Rooney on basically everything he's stating in the article. The Buffs should be very good next season, better than this season.

mpr2477 repped this.
  6. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pac-12 vs Pac-12 for the national championship. Stanford defeated South Carolina 2-0, and UCLA prevailed 4-3 on penalty kicks after 0-0 with Duke. UCLA had 15 shots, one on goal.

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  7. arcadiandj

arcadiandj Member

May 3, 2016
    I'm a newbie. To all that have been soccer fans longer than I and that posted on this forum, thank you so much for your posts. You enhanced my experience as a Lady Buffs fan so much. Thank you and best wishes.

8. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome !!

Soccer is done for a while, but Volleyball is in the Sweet 16 after sweeping James Madison and Baylor at Baylor last weekend. They face #5 Nebraska Friday at Kentucky.

9. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  12. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    From my social media "detective" work (not any inside info), I think there are at least four very good young Aussies who the Buffs have been following the past 2-3 years, one phenom of whom has already moved-up to be a starter at age 16 on the senior Australian Women's National Team...so I doubt she'd consider playing for an American college...but you never know. The three others are really excellent players...so if we're lucky maybe one or two would want to fly across the pond to become Buffs? I am also pretty sure that we have a formerly very highly TDS ranked American player transferring-in with a lot of eligibility remaining...but I won't mention her name yet. Two of the four committed recruits coming in for 2018 are TDS top-100 players, and the other two aren't far behind (Kelsey Aaknes and Hannah Cardenas weren't ranked by TDS, so take their rankings with a Flatirons-sized grain of sandstone.) In any event, with this incoming class of four, plus the one transfer (maybe more?), our returning players, and perhaps a top incoming international player or two, we should have the strongest team we've ever had this coming season.

13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  14. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

15. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder