2017 Colorado Buffaloes

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by unkiemark, Dec 17, 2016.

1. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Oregon, 0-0 at halftime. Shots 7-3, on goal 5-1, corners 4-2 all Buffs. Only one thing is missing ...

2. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TATUM BARTON at 66:43 !!!

And Oregon had been all over us after halftime.

3. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TAYLOR KORNIECK at 80:05 !!!
    Assist from Joss Orajel whose free kick found Taylor's head in the box.

4. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buffs 2, Ducks 0

Two down, one to go. Stats suggest a rather evenly played game ... shots 15-12, on goal 8-6, corner kicks 5-4 all Buffs.

Camilla Shymka and Hannah Scheid did not play, they've both had knee injuries, hope they're OK.

5. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Utah played well enough to win at Oregon State. Shots 27-8, on goal 9-5, corner kicks 4-2, all Utah. And OSU was playing without their most very outstanding senior goalkeeper, her stats over four years don't reflect how good she is because the team in front of her hasn't been. But it's soccer ... OSU 2, Utah 1.

Stanford 3, USC 1. The run of play was not one-sided, but of USC's 14 shots, only two were on goal. With one game left, some things are decided, some are not. The Buffs can finish sixth or seventh.

upload_2017-10-29_21-58-26.png

6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Buff's RPI now at #37. To me that seems to be on the edge in terms of getting a bid.

7. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    37 – Colorado

Profile doesn’t look as awful as it once did, with wins over TCU and Washington State adding some much needed weight to their thin resume. But CU’s 0-5-1 against the RPI Top 40. Could the draw against Arizona push them over the top? Maybe, depending who’s on the bubble. But the Buffs really need to beat Utah to close out strong.

From allwhitekit Chris Henderson

8. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Megan Massey !! At 11:50, assists from Camilla Shymka and JJ Tompkins (JJ took the free kick from near midfield). 1-0 Buffs

Camilla started at forward.

9. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Utah has lights. Courtesy of Pac-12 television, game time at 1PM on a Friday. If we had lights, there's no reason why Pac-12 TV would not keep us starting at 3:30 so Stanford or USC or UCLA could get the prime time broadcast.

10. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freshman Katie Joella came in earlier than usual at 31:03. Still no Marty Puketapu. Very bad news if she's injured..

11. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TATUM BARTON AT 89:51 !! Assist from JJ, her second of the day, from a long goal kick.

Buffs 2, Utah 0

Playoffs here we come !!
    Maybe.

Had to not lose any of the last five games. Didn't. Pitched five shutouts. Had to win the last three on the road. Did. Now we wait.

Shots 13-10 Utah, on goal 6-5 Buffs, corner kicks 10-2 Utah (yikes!).

More tonight.

12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  13. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will be right on the edge between "in" and "out," in competition with some good teams, all competing for the last few spots. They don't have anything bad in their profile, but nothing outstanding either.

14. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Great last couple of weeks for the Buffs. It will be a big surprise if we don't get a bid IMO. If DU wins the Summit tourney tomorrow vs. North Dakota State, I wonder if we might get paired with them?..probably not. But if we do, I'd hope it would be in Boulder. Go Pioneers!

15. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Around the Pac-12:

On Stanford's Senior Day, Stanford 1, Cal 0. Shots were 39-4, on goal 16-3, Emily Boyd made 15 saves for Cal.

Washington State at Washington, 0-0. Why no score? Shots were 9-9, on goal 0-0. Really.

On UCLA's Senior Day, #5 UCLA 3, #6 USC 2, winning goal in the 92nd minute

On Oregon State's Senior Day, Oregon State 1, Oregon 0. OSU started goalkeeper #3 who had not played at all ever for the Beavers.

On Arizona's Senior Day, Arizona 2, Arizona State 1. The winning goal came late.

So here's how it all ended. We were picked sixth, came in sixth.

upload_2017-11-3_22-34-23.png

Attached Files:

16. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got paired with them four years ago at Denver. Our seniors were 0-4 against Denver, got one more chance and won 1-0 on an Annie Stuller free kick with about six minutes left that deflected off the wall. I had quintuple heart bypass surgery 2+ weeks before, and jumping up and down and yelling and screaming and hugging everybody in sight was not part of my recovery protocol for the third week. Oh, did I pay for that the next day. Olivia Pappalardo was there, the day after her ACL surgery..

17. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bracket simulation, using actual results through Friday's games and simulated results for the remaining games, has a group of 7 teams competing for the last 3 at large positions. Colorado is one of the 7 teams. It's very close among those teams, with no obvious choices. I think Colorado might get one of the 3 slots, by a hair's breadth, but it won't be unreasonable if they don't.

18. arcadiandj

arcadiandj Member

May 3, 2016
    As a brand new soccer fan, this goal just blew me away. I was like, "Did she just bank that off an opposing player? Is that legal? Have I ever seen that done before? Wow." And of course I love it when they add that goal to highlight videos!

19. sokarcrazy

sokarcrazy Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Who are the 7 teams?

20. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clemson
    ColoradoU
    MinnesotaU
    LSU
    MississippiState
    Memphis
    WashingtonState

I'm guessing the top three will get in and the bottom four won't, although I'm not sure about Mississippi State.

Something you can consider, regarding the SEC vs the Pac 12 teams this year, is that the SEC is the #1 conference in terms of average ARPI, by a fairly decent margin over the #3 Pac 12. Both LSU and Mississippi State had excellent non-conference records, but ended far down in the SEC rankings. One of the interesting issues for the Women's Soccer Committee will be how they handle that.

21. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be spectacularly unhappy if Washington State gets in and the Buffs don't. 5-4-2 in conference play is better than 4-6-1, AND we defeated them 2-0 on their field.

At North Dakota State, the Bison got the tying goal with Denver on a penalty kick in the 83rd minute. Took Denver 2 minutes to win it 2-1 and thus win the Summit League tournament and it's automatic inclusion in the playoffs. DU's latest RPI is 242, this win won't help much, North Dakota State's is 277.

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We both made it! :thumbsup: Group hug!

Which earns them ... a short trip to a nearby school ;)

23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  24. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A group hug it is !! Good to see seven teams from the Pac-12. Neither the Buffs nor the Cougars were among the top teams in the conference, but both are good teams, certainly good enough for post-season play. I am a happy soccer fan.