2017-2018 U-23 / Asian Games Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Jun 23, 2017.

1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know. I just cant fathom why he wouldnt choose him. He is probably going to be our next CM. I am trying to find the reasons why he is not picked. It just doesn't make sense.

2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    chook90 repped this.
  3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i just wanted to add that i have many a problems with the squad selection but kang hyunmoo omission isnt one of them. im actually glad hes not in the squad. he aint all that. song bumkeun isnt much better but at least his reach isnt 5cm short like kang hyunmoos. kim hakbeom saw through the false hype. this mans going to bring home the gold

killaorca repped this.
  4. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Song Beom-keun is overrated. He's got so much luxury in playing behind Jeonbuk's strong backline unit. And he still makes some mistakes. This is my only questionable call.

aeh1991 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Sad I wish HCH was given more chance by STY during u20 world cup, given some exposure to the senior team, and being selected by HBK. He definitely has what it takes to play in Europe but he needs national team exposure and military exemption. I guess it's just another way of KFA fcking with our players like Suk Hyunjun. I don't see HCH going to Europe now.
    Well all I know is that 2020 olympic team will be stacked.
    Paik Seungho, Han Chanhee, Lee Kangin, Jeong Wooyeong, Jeon Seijin, Um Wonsang, Cho Youngwook and Lim Jaehyeok. Wild card: Kwon Changhoon and Park Yiyoung if he's playing well in Germany.

aeh1991 and soul24rage repped this.
  6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    This. If we are saying SBK is our future GK, then we are fked.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think both Song Beomkeun and Kang Hyunmoo aren't that great but they do their jobs in the k-league (playing). I'm glad we're taking an overage GK tbh.

batumchange2 repped this.
  8. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Playing behind Pohang's weak ass defense, KHM has kept Pohang in nearly every game. He also single-handedly led our U23 squad to the semifinals of AFC U23 championship earlier this year.

aeh1991 and Hodori repped this.
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    When I watched the u23 tournament I didn't think he played that well. That was my impression.

10. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't SHJ just find his new club to play for? I guess this has something to do with his omission. The club may not let him to play for AG.

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think it fell through because the club thought he'll get the chance to play in the AG and get the exemption (I think).

12. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    HEJ making the AG team is fcking absurd.

TaegukWarrior and Hodori repped this.
  13. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Granted all forwards other than Na Sang-ho are playing in Europe, we may be forced to select a forward playing in K-League/J-League/CSL. So I see selection of HUJ is end-of-the-world thing. It is still uncertain when their respective clubs release their players for AG.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Han Chan-hee should've been selected at least.

chook90 and Hodori repped this.
  15. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #490 ChaDuRi671, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Hwang Eui-jo to Kim Hak-beom is pretty much what Lee Yong-jae was to Lee Gwang-jong, ffs.

I'm actually surprised that he has so much faith in Hwang Eui-jo. The dude couldn't even score against Asian minnows. Now, Suk Hyun-jun has to find a way to transfer to the K-League this summer in order to join Sangju or Asan.

Personally, I would have liked to see Kang Hyun-moo in the squad. Was not bad at all during the 2018 AFC U23. When our team was in shambles (couldn't pass the ball more than 3-5 times before losing it) under Kim Bong-gil, Kang Hyun-moo saved our asses in that tournament.

chook90, jinseokyang and Hodori repped this.
  16. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    IM MAD

nmssis and chook90 repped this.
  17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    That a U23 competition has such great ramifications on the future of the KNT is absurd. They need to fix the military/civil service deferment issue or we have to deal with this type of farce every 4 years.

18. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20180716000499

I'm mad that PSH didn't make it but here is the reason why along with LKI's omission:
    "However, Paik Seung-ho of Girona FC and Lee Kang-in of Valencia, who were expected to be on the roster, didn't earn selections. South Korea's under-23 football coach, Kim Hak-bum, said he excluded Paik, a product of FC Barcelona youth system, because of injury, while Lee was dropped since the KFA couldn't get permission from Valencia for Lee's release. "

19. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "South Korea were originally paired with Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia and Bahrain in Group E, but the Asian Football Confederation recently said it will conduct a group stage draw again after it omitted the United Arab Emirates and Palestine in the previous draw. This will increase the number of participating nations in the men's football competition at the Asian Games from 24 to 26. " So 2 groups of 5 and 4 groups of 4???

20. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hereby sentence Kim Hakbum to name-change:

Jin Hue Hu.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I am not feeling good about this at all tbh.
    Also can KFA ever consider the future ramifications of our players. Seriously, they are the biggest cockblock when it comes to getting players to Europe. Firstly Hwang Inbeom should have been given more opportunity in the national teams when he was a hot young property. He should have played in the Olympics. But now he's just some 22 years old player that played in K-league 2 for 3 years. Han Chanhee should be given some exposure to the national team but nobody rates him because he's another Koo Jacheol; another player that Korean coaches don't rate even though he plays in the bundesliga regularly. Soon he'll be a 22 years old K-league players like rest of the u-23 players we have in our league.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Also they are so shit at aiding European based players.
    1. Suk Hyunjun needs a military exemption in order to prolong his career in France. He is a player that can be useful for our National Team in the upcoming cycle, instead KHB selects HEJ -_- a player that will add absolutely zero value to our team but we're going to give him an exemption over SHJ.
    2. Seo Youngjae isn't the best player but he plays as a fb which is the weakest position in all of Korean national team set up. He's trying to start his career in Europe. He doesn't have any club team appearance but he has played for the KNT u23 and know the team pretty well. He's 23 and this is his last chance to get an exemption. By giving him an exemption, it might help SYJ's career in Germany which then might add value down the line for our national team considering the fb position is lacking in talent. Instead, KHB selects some random ass fbs from K-league 2 that will add zero values for the future of our team.
    3. Paik Seungho is considered to be one of the biggest talent to come out of Korea. However, shit happened in Barcelona and FIFA fcked him up. He's trying to start his footballing career in Spain but so far he's been playing for Girona B team in Spain's 3rd division. It would have been very useful if the KNT given him some minute because it can improve his game, might get better scouting for other European teams, and give him some experience with his Korean teammates. It'll also be really nice if he can get an exemption considering he's 21 right now. But nope, it's always too little and too late for these people.

soul24rage and aeh1991 repped this.
  23. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At least KHM well answered grounds for his selections. I give him credit for this.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kang Hyun Moo
    Seo Young Jae
    Hwang Ki Wook
    Paik Seung Ho
    Han Chan Hee
    Suk Hyun Jun
    :cry::cry::cry:

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Agree and that's because our KFA has been shite in scouting. The past technical commitee was led by Kim Ho Gon who preferred picking players with Yonsei background instead of really looking for talents. We need someone like Lee Young Pyo to take over (the newly free) job as technical director.