2017/2018 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think our policy should be winning.

SCP_16 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hey if he comes and helps us win the league im all for it. But how much has he played the last 2 seasons? maybe im just thinking of the crappy days at our club... a generation of good talent wasted by poor management and off-the-pitch problems.

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with @SCP21, Carrico was always a good servant and still has some left as he didn't always start for Sevilla. He is more trustworthy then the other subs we've had and brings more experience for the stretch run.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That is the only thing that matters. Period.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Last day of the transfer market tomorrow. Could we see a surprise?

A Bola has us apparently trying to sign Portimonense left winger Nakajima who has been rumoured to go to Porto all month long. Could we steal another potential Porto signing?

[​IMG]

p.s. don't mind the whole "Operation Lex" thing - I'm sure that's nothing important :D

SCP_16 repped this.
  6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nakajima is a beast

7. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    J.Silva on his way to Roma... Hope Fabio stays healthy

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Retarded. F*cking retarded

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nakajima would be awesome. Porto essentially owna portimonense though, so it wont be easy

10. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    [/QUOTE]J.Silva on his way to Roma... Hope Fabio stays healthy[/QUOTE]

How the hell has he managed that move ?! Must have a very good agent

11. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jonathan Silva has been trash but we’re suddenly really thin on that side of the field

We maybe looking at Lumor from Portimonense as a replacement

nelly29 repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #737 fdasilva, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Not to fear, rumour is we've struck a deal to sign Portimonense LB Lumor for 2.5M euros. Reportedly PSV had a bid for the player but with this surprising Jonathan deal to Roma, we're signing a replacement.

EDIT: The Jonathan deal with Roma seems to be a loan + obligatory transfer at the end of the season for around 6M which is crazy.

natenate101 and vilafria repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official - Lumor (21 yrs old LB from Ghana) joins us from Portimonense for 2.5M euros for 50% of his rights with an option to acquire up to 80% of his rights in the future.

---

http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

EQUIPA PRINCIPAL
    Sporting CP chegou a acordo com a Futebol SAD – Portimonense SAD

A Sporting Clube de Portugal – Futebol, SAD chegou a acordo com a Futebol SAD – Portimonense SAD para a transferência do jogador Lumor pelo valor de 2,5 milhões de euros, ficando a Sporting SAD detentora de 50% dos direitos económicos do atleta e com a possibilidade de adquirir no futuro até 80% do passe. Lumor assinou um contrato válido por 4 épocas e meia com mais uma de opção.

A Sporting SAD deseja a Lumor as maiores felicidades profissionais e pessoais.

natenate101 and OndaVerde repped this.
  14. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Never seen Lumor play....don't really have an opinion on how/if he can play for us now or in the future as he is only 21....

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I remember in the games against the big 3 he played really well.

Considering how Jonathan performed, this guy can't be much worse. And we ended up making profit in the LB position.

nelly29 repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official - Jonathan Silva loaned to AS Roma with an obligation to buy him for 5.7M euros. We keep 20% of his rights.

---

http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...cado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad-0

Por Jornal Sporting
    31 Jan, 2018

EQUIPA PRINCIPAL

Sporting CP chegou a acordo com a AS Roma

A Sporting Clube de Portugal – Futebol, SAD chegou a acordo com a AS Roma para a transferência do jogador Jonathan Silva por empréstimo até ao final da época e com opção de compra obrigatória, podendo esta operação atingir um valor global de 5,7 milhões de euros. A Sporting SAD fica detentora de 20% dos direitos económicos do atleta e com direito de preferência.

A Sporting SAD deseja a Jonathan Silva as maiores felicidades pessoais e profissionais

17. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I haven’t seen much of Lumor but on the face of it that’s a cracking bit of business. 6 million for Jonathan alone is great but to get someone else in so quick is very good business

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good move on paper but if Coentrao goes down I honestly expect JJ to turn to Bruno Cesar or Matheiu before this youngster at LB.

nelly29 repped this.
  19. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well, I guess that's that. Pretty underwhelming, all things considered.

SCP21 repped this.
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like your right - JJ post match comments on the new signing:

"there isn't money for the 'so-so' players so we had to buy from within our league... I don't want to say any more"

JJ - you may have given us a record start with no losses but please don't complain that you don't have enough quality players.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Super weird comments to say about a new signing. Looks like this kid wont even be in consideration

Securing coentrao for next year has gotta be a priority

22. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL for real, some of the things he says sometimes just make me shake my head.

Hey kid, welcome to the team, we only signed you because we couldnt afford anyone better.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coentrao has had a great recovery, and he's shown a determination with us to succeed which has been impressive.

As for those comments - yeah a bit of a brain dead comment. It seems when JJ wins a cup his ego inflates ten-fold and his comments reflect that

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't take it as him complaining about his squad. He was asked a question and answered. Coentrao still belongs to Madrid so there has to be another answer next season if this new guy doesn't get minutes.

In other news, Dost could be out for awhile. They're saying he misses Estoril and maybe Porto as well.

25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    That is brutal news....If Dost is out we better not be crossing balls to nobody all game