2017-18 UEFA Europa League Round of 16 1st leg: Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Salzburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think BVB need to win this match by a large goal margin to help team morale.

Starting XI: Bürki - Castro(?????), Papa, Toprak, Schmelzer - Dahoud, Weigl - Schürrle, Götze, Reus - Batshuayi.

The good news: another chance for Mo and Weigl to build upon their partnership. The bad news: Castro keeps finding his way into the starting XI.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Dahoud is having a very good game. He has given the ball away a couple of times but he connects the play so well.

Schmelzer annoys with his foolish shots. Schurrle contributing nothing.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The first part of the half looked good at times with nice combinations but we lost control towards the end and we can be happy that we didn't concede. Most of the early Salzburg attacks came over our left side. I suppose they then realized that Castro isn't a natural RB and their attacks came easier from both sides.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Castro isn't even a natural footballer, let alone RB. Schurrle is completely useless. Scores once every 11 months and does less than nothing inbetween.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have Gurreiro, Sancho and Pulisic on the bench, yet Schmelzer and Schurrle are playing. Unfathomable.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Stupid penalty...right in front of the goal ref.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Toprak decided to give away a penalty for no reason.

I hope we clear the club of all these average players.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    2-0. Schmelzer giving the ball away.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0:2. They aren't even that good, we just make too many mistakes. Not sure whether we lost the ball because of a foul, though.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Schmelzer got fouled after his shit pass. When do we get rid of these worthless excuses for footballers?

11. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bartra playing with his phone . Can't blame him . Another awful display .

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is a home match v the weakest team left in the competition, and yet Dortmund can hardly create anything. The tempo is slow, passive, the team lacks aggression and pace, cannot press effectively and looks devoid of any real belief or passion.

On top of that the defence is full of sub standard players, Castro, Toprak and Schmelzer have no place in this team. Hence the two goals.

This result is thoroughly deserved and an indictment of the absolute cluster******** that this season has been. Just think back 12 months and BVB were 1/4 finalists in the CL and would have destroyed this Salzburg team. What has happened since is embarrassing.

Dave46 and bvbSlash repped this.
  13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schürrle gets one back.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:2 in the end. We need at least two goals in Salzburg.
    Bad performances all around with maybe only Dahoud showing positive signs. Reus had an unusually bad game as well and the FBs were forgettable. To turn it around, the offense needs to play at their best and we need a better showing of the midfield to counter their pressing.

15. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Disgraceful is what that performance was. Why play RG, Pulisic, Philipp when you can play Castro, Schurrle, Toprak and other trash. Utterly terrible to watch. I mean an electricity post will literally do a better job at defending than Toprak. Well done, Watzke! Who cares if we lose like idiots when the club is making a profit, right. That footballing aspect - totally irrelevant for BVB, yes sir. I just cannot wait for this farce of a season to end. Heads will have to roll if we are to make a comeback. Anything less will just be an undercorrection.

bvbSlash, Alex C and eaglespark repped this.
  16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Dahoud alone can hold his head up high, but it was a terrible performance. Poor in attack, no aggression, constantly losing the ball and no pressing to make up for it.

This season is a complete disaster and somehow we need to make the CL.

kbvb repped this.
  17. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Red ********ing Bull...

18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Terrible result.

PLEASE someone tell me that Nagelsmann is coming this summer. I cannot stomach the thought of another season of this crap football from Dortmund.

thisisthelife, bvbSlash and Blueallthru repped this.
  19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What baffles me the most is that local BVB fans are totally fine with Watzke's extension, whereas us international fans were rightly outraged. I can't believe Watzke wants to extend Stöger. Regarding the rumoured squad revamp, I really hope the first ones on the chopping block are Castro and Toprak, two players who, need I remind everybody here (especially Slash) were signed at Tuchel's request, I dread to imagine what our squad would look like had Tuchel remained and kept getting the players he wanted. Schmelle and Sahin are also done and must be dispensed with. We are turning into the German Arsenal, all profit no sporting success.

thisisthelife repped this.
  20. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    By my count there are at least 10 players that need to be immediately removed from this club - Weidenfeller, Sahin, Castro, Rode, Schurrle, Schmelzer, Toprak, Durm, LP, Yarmolenko. Tolljan and Kagawa are 50-50 keep/remove at best. I am baffled by the domestic fans - they are so docile, that it is just sickening to watch. What a bunch of cucks - watching Watzke run us to the ground all while welcoming and rejoicing his contract extension. How can one have even a whiff of respect for such a spineless herd? The club has become a German version of Arsenal and they are happy with that. Madness.....

bvbSlash repped this.
  21. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Wow. I just watched that. That was awful.

My list of people to absolutely get rid of isn't as long as others'. But Castro and Toprak are definitely on it along with Piszczek,

I think that is a kind of final indication of what we can expect from the team for the rest of the season. That is how good the team is with roughly all their talent available and the coach having had time to figure out what is what.

Kind of depressing.

22. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    bring back Inter-toto cup, maybe there we wont embarrass ourselves. somewhere out there red bull board r laughing their asses off at us....

monkey brained watzke got his extension now just get an extension to stoger and well ensure certain mediocrity for foreseeable future in this club, good luck extending with reus or keeping pulisic then, nevermind attracting new talent. i mean how long do fans have to suffer until somethings gonna be done with this stupid management in charge???

23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
  25. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Shoot, at least Arsenal showed up against Milan in their house.