2017-18 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    The defense, the DM's and the goalkeepers are awful because our offensive is awful. Different sides of the same coin. Something is deeply, deeply not right. This is where I'm grateful that we're in a weak conference.

2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i know...lol. least of his three matches but hey, got a goal!

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    tbf, I'm pretty nervous about the u20 qualification. When I watched the u-19 AFC qualification, the defence looked really shaky even if they were up against the likes of Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. These teams had usually had this one fast nimble forward that would really bother our defence, more than it should. Now have them against better Asian sides...
    As for Cho Youngwook, I think he stands out atm because of he's more physically and athletically developed so he can compete with adults in K-league or at least for now. But sooner or later, he can't just rely on them because he's going to go up against bigger and faster players that would be able to neutralize him especially without a good skill set. You know he kind of reminds me of youth players that are big and dominant their competition. But once they get older... Still, at this age and regional (AFC) level, he should do fine.
    Another note, our GK had a pretty disappointing tournament. He looked night and days different from what I've seen in JS Cup. He looks sluggish and uncomfortable now.

zdrstvte repped this.
  4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    mm, this is true too. you see the occasional flash from individual players (Um WS, Lee KI & Jeon SJ) but overall, the offense was awful too. it doesn't help when the team has zero goal threat...

i don't think he is even Hwang HC at Asian lvl. :coffee:

Deleted Users repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I wonder how this guys will play in this squad. Maybe as a CF? I'm pretty sure he's better than Oh Sehun. Seriously OSH just stands around and repass the ball.

too bad he didn't get selected due to a throat problem.
    Lol I rewatched this and this guy scored because Oh Bansuk couldn't properly mark him...
    We're so fcked.

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nah, let him enjoy his break. Might be his last tbh.. let the kid be kid. I don't see the point.. since, it is very likely.. he will just carry bags around.

7. Captain_Obvious

Captain_Obvious New Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Lee Kang In has a lot of potential

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Watch our defence get owned by a player 2 years younger than them.

[​IMG]

nmssis repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think this has been mentioned some times, but at this point, it's not only the players' lack of talent, but also the lack of good defense coaches. What are they doing while getting paid? Not only within the KFA, but also on club/university level, the coaches need to chance their concept of "only attack", which doesn't even make them better as seen in this tournament. The idea of build up, collective defense, structured game play, etc. all don't exist. It's just about skills, runs and scoring goals, which mostly doesn't work internationally because we lack talent for that. Maybe if Kim Jung Min was allowed by Salzburg, this team could have that structure, but I doubt that our play woulda been really better. The KFA or Korean football in gemeral needs to invest in coaches, especially defensive coaches.

10. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Jeon Se Jin and Cho Young Wook score in a 2-1 win against Qatar U21 (Kang In didn't play due to a yellow card ban).

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Though agreeing that he had a terrible tournament, I wouldn't write him off. Not an excuse, but he's only 19. Not usual to get a pro contract and getting playing time at his age, so I will continue to watch him. Also, the whole defense was bad, not only him. But yeah it was a really disappointing performance.

14. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    er you're right he scored against vietnam. for some reason I remember him not scoring at all back in january. thx for the catch.

15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    When it comes to 17 years old Kim Jungmin vs 17 years old Lee Kangin, I have to give it to Lee Kangin. Kim Jungmin showed he was a good midfielder in the midst of his u19 peers and I still think STY made a big mistake for not picking him in the u20 world cup. Lee Kangin is the best player in this u19 team. But he's not a star player nor does he play like a star. He doesn't have that leadership and flash like Lee Seungwoo. He still needs a lot of time to develop.

16. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    DHMGKorea, seolseol and nmssis repped this.
  17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    DHMGKorea repped this.
  18. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    I bet that French team LKI played are talented enough to win the Asian Cup.

19. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    camp in myanmar

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  21. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea u19 vs Myanmar U23
    full match

H/L

22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL a u19 beating a u23 team. Still shouldn't have conceded 3 goals to Myanmar.

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2018 Alpine Cup 2nd round:

Korea U19 4-2 Thailand U23

killaorca repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Are these the same U23 teams that participate in AG? o_O

25. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hopefully not for the sake of Thailand LOL
    Losing 4-2 to high schoolers??? Shocking.