2017-18 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 21, 2017.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Tbf that's a low bar.
    But KHB isn't really a good manager. But this Asian Games is low competition so I expect a gold.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, this makes him an idiot if he is truly considering him for Asian Games. No need to burden a 17 yr old & overwork his body (especially with travels). Asian Games.. U19 AFC tournament and so forth.. does nothing but take his time away from his club too.

Also, where does he fit? Will you drop PSH or Hwang IB for Lee KI? We're also talking about group or players full of desperation to earn military exemption as this is their last "good" chance. Lee KI doesn't have such urgency. Better to let him stay with his club, do pre-season.. U19 AFC tournament & depending on his status as player at Valencia, could possibly groom him slowly at Asian Cup w/ less pressure.

3. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't think LKI would be released for AFC.. they'll qualify wihtout him

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i don't think Valencia will release him for Asian Games.

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Guys I wasnt really refering to his idea about LKI. I dont care and think LKI should stick to his own, talented generation (with the likes of Kim JM).

What I was refering to is the sentence of KHB to "take whatever it needs to bring success", which is the opposite of what STY is doing (being stubborn over accepting the truth). Furthermore, I wrote the sentence out of anger so it wasn't meant to be serious anyway.

I don't know if Kim Hak Bum is a good manager now, but he's at least rational and from what I've seen from his past is at least he is better than Ahn Ik Soo, Kim Bong Kil and Shin Tae Yong, but I guess it doesn't take too much to surpass them.

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    worthless & meaningless statement. past managers (which includes Uli) all have said something "rational" at a given time, only to realize... the complete opposite.

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah sure. That's the struggle with every manager though. I've barely aeen a manager who doesn't make fake promises.

8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    so why make a statement Kim HB is already better over Shin TY? you go through this w/ nearly every manager & untested/new players it seems.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I said it because I watched a few games when he was a Seongnam manger, where he managed to make a pretty weak team better by his tactics and also played a different style than Korean managers at his age. His biggest plus is that he has the sense of knowing what doesn't work during a game and is able to change that by changing the formation or substitution. Something STY is really weak at. Yes, his stint at Gwangju was disappointing, especially his resignment (seems his pride didn't allow to play K League Challenge), but IMO Gwangju just lacked quality after all.

I must admit I had praised STY at the beginning too. I was blinded by a good short spell at Seongnam and two good games when he took over HMB.
    In the end, they always turn out differently. So yeah, even though I just said my opinion about KHB, maybe he sucks too. Sometimes I say things exaggerated out of optimism and desparation. If I see something hopeful, I seem to praise that loudly, before I realize that I was wrong in the end. But I dont care. I think thats better than only complaining before giving them a chance. It's my optimism that seems to bother you.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    tbf he got Seongnam relegated. After they sold Tiago it went downhill from there. Then he went to Gwangju and got the club relegated again.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yes, but I am refering to the in-game management. Maybe he is not a good manager at all, I don't know. But he at least "manages", unlike STY who just thinks he's got the masterplan and then just watches the game like a scarecrow ;)

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    your "optimism" is based on few games he managed as Seongnam? :sick:

wait for the process to play through.. you are way too quick on making conclusive statements (positive or negative). i don't see that as "optimism"...

as for Gwangju, the quality of the squad was the best the year Kim HB joined the club. we just played like shit once Nam KI resigned.. not helped by Kim HB ignoring to play guys like McGinn and so forth (also had obsession with 3/5 back). we were absolutely garbage, it was painful to watch. he managed exactly the same way peers of his "age" managed (stylistically too).

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    similar to senior squad, defense is awful. DMs are awful .. and GK is awful too.

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, Lee Kangin scores off a free kick. Atrocious keeping from Doohan.

nmssis repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Is he Korean?

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    even with Lee KI, I can see this team missing out on U20WC.

17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Scotland 2 - 1 Korea FT

Again, Lee Kangin the best player for Korea, and scores with a free kick thanks to a goalkeeping blunder.I don't understand how Cho Young-Wook can even play in K-League. He got bullied by the Scottish defenders and he has nothing in his skill set that's useful.

Anyway, the two youngest players on the pitch were the best players. Billy Gilmour was the youngest player on the pitch, but the most talented. As for Korea, apart from Lee Kangin they all suck.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, no. Ross Doohan. Lee Kangin shot right in the middle but the keeper couldn't get to it.

killaorca repped this.
  19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think it's hard not to qualify in general.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    group stage exit the past 2 qualifications?? ;)
    anyways, the quality of this generation.. or at least this team is worse (this is even with Korea playing U21 squads at Toulon). i've seen steady decline of quality.. you can't even pick out physically dominant players (such as Hwang HC) to get away with it in Asia with this group.

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Good point. But I think qualifying is still well within our grasp, given the general standard of AFC. Well, Cho Young-Wook is like Hwang, just with all of his negatives and none of his positives.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    He has a nicer smile and disposition, which in my book is a bigger negative attribute.

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, what's with the expletives? He played well, but that was not a 'crazy' freekick goal.

25. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Can we please get him on a ticket to Austria? He's surely good enough. Would love for him to get some exposure to the KNT as soon as possible. Kinda like how we had Patriot Jung and Bacara Choi shadow the team in 2002.