2017-18 Supercoppa Italiana

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Afghan-Juventus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No he wasnt. He can't make a vertical pass to save his life. In front of the defense he's utter shit and useless. If his name was Hernanes would have been crucified by the fans. Juve can get 50+ million sell him.

I never want to see Barzagli on the right side.

2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #52 soccerr9, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    A few takeaways:

-If Juve must play in a back three, a 3-5-2 is preferred. A 3-4-3 with the wingbacks and three attackers playing high up the pitch means the team is too divided. Yes, Pjanic was awful in his vertical passes, but so were all three 3 CBs. The attackers are too far away and tightly marked to receive a pass.

-Dybala is an excellent finisher. Yet, playing as a 3rd attacking CM means that he rarely gets a touch close to goal. That needs to be resolved.

-Khedira can function in a 3 man mid. However, his form declined after match/April playing this way. It worked initially, but now teams solely focus on stopping Pjanic knowing that Khedira isn't a threat with the ball at his feet. Neither Pjanic nor Khedira have been good defensively in his formation.

-Marchisio unless injured has to start Juve's most important matches.

-Cuadrado turns the ball over a lot. Benatia is good for one goal allowing mistake per start.

-Allegri has this team playing too reactively. Juve were aggressive for the first 6 minutes before their attitude changed. They struggle to control matches in general.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I think the Super Cup is the best time to play such a line up. It's not as important as the first week and Juve can see their weaknesses in a final once more. Benatia, Cuadrado, and this Pjanic/Khedira midfield all need fixing.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #54 juventino13, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Its called sarcasm, and look whos talking about being dramatic, LOL.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Again, its called sarcasm. Jesus ********, you guys really need to calm the ******** down

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think Allegri did that to send a message to Marotta. He can't ignore the obvious issues now, but who knows, its Marotta

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    - I dont think we played a 3 man backline, rather Barzagli started off as a strict RB. Imo a 352 is only a viable option only if a new mid is brought in. We saw how easy it is to run over MPK last season.
    - I dont see how this can be resolved with Higuain at the club. Dybala has succeeded in only one position and that is behind Mandukic. Tho in reality he was the main striker do to Mandzukic dropping deep.
    - I really do not want to see Mandzukic anywhere near a 3 man mid. Also if you think about it he had like only 4 good months last season. September, January, February, and May. The rest was average.
    - 100% agree Marchisio must start.
    - Both should be kept away from the pitch.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Man he was making them left and right last season. 1 bad game doesnt change that.

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    And.......Max can send a graphic message to Beppe and Agnelli to close out the transfer window strongly. Our weaknesses were on full display yesterday.

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Pjanic should be sold then De Sciglio should be taken out and put down.

Obviously, he wasn't the only one, but that doesn't change the fact that he was utter dogshit yesterday. There is no reason to be optimistic this signing. He's picked up right where he left off. He wasn't good enough for a trash Milan side, and he's nowhere near good enough for Juve. At this rate, we'll be lucky if he's the second coming of Marco Motta.

But he's an Italian international. Therefore he'll get chance after chance after chance to keep proving just how shite he is and some will still be calling him a youngster and talking about his "potential" (even though he has none) when this chickenshit c*nt is 30 years old.

The fact is we got hosed by Peelan. 12m or whatever we paid for this garbage wasn't a bargain in any way. They should have paid us to take him, not the other way around. As it is, more fool on us. This is now going to be our starting RB for who knows how many years.

Dante repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And one of those weaknesses was one of the players he hand-picked: his pet RB from Peelan. Perhaps less interference from the manager, the better.

We've done pretty well in the past when Paratici & co. have built the squad themselves. A return to that method would be welcome at this point.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The days of us picking up cheap guys out of contract or inexpensive fading stars like Khedira are over. If we want to remain at our level or improve, they are going to have to start paying properly for quality players. We have lost out on quite a few players in the last few years that would have helped us over 5 million here, 10 million there.

If we want a player and think he is the right fit, then we need to negotiate but in the end pay up for the player. The days of getting by are ending.

The guy you hate is a good example of this mentality.

Personally, I have no problem with buying MdS for 10-12 million. He is a capable backup for both flanks and is an upgrade over our current backups. He may or may not return to his best form, but he is a relatively inexpensive option to cover a backup for both sides of the field. However, we still need a real starting caliber RB if we are going to play 4 in the back. Right now we don't appear to have one.

Does anyone really think Licht wouldn't have been abused even more than MdS was yesterday?. He is the alternative right now.

Beppe, please close strong and if you have to pay 30 million instead of 25 for a player that fits our needs, so be it.

13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I understand MDS was at fault on the 3rd goal, but there were too many very poor performances yesterday to only single him out. Awful attitude, awful match control, awful set up, awful personnel. Everyone was bad.

phat repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Exactly.

And does anyone think Licht would have done a better job than MdS on that last goal? I don't. He would have been abused much more frequently IMHO.

But this was a team loss and let's be frank. Lazio deserved to win that game.

15. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of course Lazio deserved to win that game. They were quicker to every ball and beat the shit out of physically.

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But the third goal was the goal that ended the match.

If it ends 2-2, then at least we get to extra time and we still have a chance to win (whether or not we "deserved" it is another matter). Hence why De Sciglio's mistake was arguably the worst in an overall appalling performance by the entire team.

And for those who believe that Lichrsteiner would not have been any better, does anybody really think that he would have been worse? Does anybody really think he would have choked like that in the 95th minute? The fact that the whole team was terrible in no way excuses De Sciglio's mistake, and it's the same excuse used to justify wasting 12m euros on the turd.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ummm....the CBs were not marking the men in the box either.

And yes I have seen Licht abused the same way several times this preseason and last year as well. 2 years ago, no, but now? Yessir.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    MDS deserves blame for letting Lukaku turn the corner, but Murgia was completely alone inside the penalty box. This happened despite Juve having eight players inside the area.

This goal looks identical to the 4th one allowed in the CL final. Juve seem to have trouble defending these cutback passes.

So MDS is to blame as well as the other 7 defenders inside the box. Without a wide open Murgia, Lazio likely don't score.

19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

We couldnt get out of our half. Defending wise we looked like Cardiff.

20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And De Sciglio's performance was no better than any of Lichtsteiner's performances over the past couple of seasons. The difference is that one is over 30 and at the end of his career while the other is 24 and set to be our starting RB for at least this season, and possibly (probably) for years to come.

Hence why it would be best just to stick with Lichtsteiner, who will be gone sooner rather than later, than it would be to waste a spot in the squad on a 24 year old who's nothing but garbage. Because, as he's just demonstrated, De Sciglio's "form" has picked up (or rather, more aptly, down) right where it left off at Milan.

Because in De Sciglio's case it's not form; he's just shit. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. If a player has been nothing but useless garbage for 4 years, then it probably safe to assume that that is their quality as a player. And what makes it all the more embarrassing is that we actually paid money for it...

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Your obsession with MdS is a bit scary.

He is a better crosser and passer than Licht ever was. He has played well for Italy under multiple managers so I think at what we paid for him he is still a better gamble than trying to get another year or 2 out of the Swiss Express.

We shall see.....esp. if Bepe doesn't bring in a true starting RB.

And the overall defending has been isht this pre-season, not just MdS. As the picture of the "defending" on that goal points out in spades.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch him this pre-season? He had a bunch of horrendous crosses. MDS is garbage and Juve needs a real RB, it's really that simple.

scirea6 repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    MdS a good crosser, LOL, now I've heard it all

scirea6 repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes.

I saw his in person in Miami, and he made some nice passes out of the back and crosses against PSG. He even made a couple of nice passes in the Supercoppa.

No one said he is a great crosser. He is no Dani Alves. But he certainly has demonstrated he can be better than the alternative that is on our roster now.

Here at BS players tend to get huge praise or they are "isht". he is neither, but he is an upgrade over the CURRENT RB on the roster, Licht at his age.

I have been saying all summer we need a starting level RB. We still don't have one. But MdS is a better gamble than who we have now.

25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I absolutely loathe players who gain and maintain a reputation based on NT performances, especially when my club is essentially paying them to be garbage. The fact that he's peelanista and has the psychological fortitude of a rose petal makes me hate this sniveling little c*nt all the more.

And so what if he's played well for Italy? What does that have to do with Juve? Not a thing.

You know who played well for Germany? Lukas Podolski. He played so well for Germany that he has something like 130 caps. Did that change the fact that he was completely mediocre at club level? Nope. Would you want him as your club's forward, even as a back-up? Considering the dude is still "only" 32 and playing for Vissel Kobe (which is an actual football club in Japan... learn something new every day), the answer to that would be 'no'.

And while I did not watch the match in Miami live, I did watch it on television and his crossing was nothing but atrocious. Not good enough even for a back up. Which by the way in no way implies that Lichsteiner is good enough for Juve these days, but that is not enough of an excuse to justify signing younger trash like De Sciglio.

Dante repped this.