PBP: 2017/18 Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg | Atletico Madrid vs. Sporting CP

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 5, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The commentators were ripping into Coates - remember he was a flop in England and it looks like this is the reason why.

As for Montero, as much as the fans like him he's not quality enough.

It was notorious how slow our wing play is, Gelson is the only player that provides a change of pace. While I acknowledge Bryan has played better than I expected he's much too slow in his actions on the wing.

Montero, Ruben Ribeiro, Bryan Ruiz (out of contract), Bruno Cesar need to be offloaded. We need to bring back Matheus Pereira and sign 1 or 2 explosive wingers and a quality striker desperately if we're going to stick with the same tactics and formation.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Day 2 of Saga #191854901 at Sporting Clube de Portugal. Rumours that the players refused to train and demanding that the president meet with them to explain his words yesterday.

You know if you take a step back just to appreciate all this without letting it get under your skin as a fan, its actually quite entertaining.

SCP21 repped this.
  3. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Just came here to post that article. OJOGO says their source with the team denies it and that players who played were given the day off from practice while the players who weren’t used practiced as normal.

Who knows though. Could be damage control.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    True - its hard to know these days what is true and what is made up.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The implosion has begun! Everyone get your popcorn.

The players have reacted on their instagram accounts with a joint communique criticizing BdC for going public with his criticism. The captains Rui Patrício & William Carvalho, along with Coates, Gelson, Piccini, Acuña, Battaglia and Montero have all posted the same message.

This is a translation of what they posted (pardon any grammar mistakes I used google translate):

"We are Sporting Clube de Portugal, on behalf of the squad, we are informing the following ... We sweat, we fight and we always honor the sweater we wear.
    We are not perfect and we do not believe in perfect players because we always want to evolve!

There are no perfect players or teams, but when things do not go as we want, we know how to take on our responsibilities. We all have to!
    When we win, we draw or lose ... yes ... because in Football these are the possible results, the responsibility is always everyone!
    We are a team! We are a united group of a Great Club where respect is one of the necessary bases for this union. We can not only think of "I", but "We" and always in the team, because only then we can win.

In our Club, in the national teams that we represent, we always give and will continue to give our best, because the will is a constant.
    We are professionals, we are human! Our integrity and commitment are sacred! Effort, dedication, devotion and glory always!
    We make the most of Sporting Clube de Portugal, we make the most of ourselves as a team, individually as athletes. We fight for our Club, for our fans and for us, always!

There is no other serious way to be in Professional Football other than this ...

For this reason, on behalf of the whole SCP squad, we have reflected our displeasure in this text, because we have published our President's statements after yesterday's game in which we obtained a result that we did not want ... the lack of support, at this moment ... of the one who should be our leader. Pointing the finger to blame the performance of the athletes publicly, when the union of a group is governed by the joint effort, whatever the situation we are going through, all matters resolve within the group.

Let us see that, however great the difficulties, there is still much to dispute. We have a final stretch in several competitions and we will, whatever there is, united and cohesive, give the maximum for Sporting Clube de Portugal.

We are Sporting Clube de Portugal."

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    HahahahahahHahHHHhHHHah this is unbelievable! How does this happen in a professional institution!

On a side note, if montero is unhappy please leave.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Things are changing faster than I can post.

Holy #*&%

He just announced that he's immediately suspending everyone who posted that. Rui Patrício, William Carvalho, Coates, Gelson, Piccini, Acuña, Battaglia and Montero as far as I know.

EDIT: The post has since been removed. But its too late, it's already everywhere. Here is the image:

[​IMG]

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a mess...

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Mess doesn't even come close to describing this. Imagine your boss criticizing you publically instead of privately talking to you about issues at work.

Am I mad about the performance and the mistakes yesterday? Of course! But he isn't a fan like I am, he's the freaking president of the club.

We're living in a time when there's a huge scandal for corruption and all that attention has been diverted to us because we shoot ourselves in the foot over and over and over and over and over again

11. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah I dunno, I have no words for this situation now lol Very embarrassing. scp16 picked the right time to dip hahah

I guess best thing to do is separate yourself as a fan like you said and sit back and enjoy the show. What a year.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's one good thing about all this.

Wendel will finally get a shot at playing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't see how he can possibly survive this... My instagram is just filled with posts like that now... Leao, Podence, Bruno Fernandes, etc etc everyone is posting it.

I feel like he has to step down now, he's actually snapped.

OndaVerde repped this.
  14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nope.

[​IMG]

Players are pretty united on this. I think there’s like 18 players posted this already

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty embarrassing tbh..

16. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Very embarrassing. I don’t blame the players for doing this though.

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Its gonna be real hard to attract any players to come to this club in the future. I can see the majority of em choosing braga over us tbh.

18. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    This went from living in an outhouse..... to living in a outhouse that was tipped over in a storm...what a fricken mess!

Who would have thought JJ would out last BDC ....

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Your right, at the time he didn't post it but now almost the whole team has posted - hey at least we'll have Dost up front :ROFLMAO:

Edit: just realized both Mathieu and Bas Dost don't have social media accounts, otherwise they probably would have posted as well.

Honestly I think its more likely that someone steps in to mediate all this. Either that or the club members try to force an election.

20. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Absolutely there has to be some mediation. We can’t have 19 players suspended for a league match lol We’re not some 3rd division club of some wasteland of a country. This would be newsworthy all over, just awful for the brand. And as mentioned earlier that’s not gonna help attract anyone here.

21. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Is it possible to impeach someone is soccer..?

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    At our club yes, its still a democracy and if there are enough sócios signatures on a petition than they can call for general elections

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    players are getting too big , the clubs are getting snowed on. Fine them all.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's a time and place to do it. Not on facebook or criticizing players publically.

OndaVerde and SCP21 repped this.