2017-18 Development Academy

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Peretz48, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @MikeEMunoz’s Tweet:

Preseason with LAG II:
    I'll guess Jake Arteaga, Leo Sepulveda, Uly Llanez, Efrain Alvarez, and the 5th I'm not sure about- either Jonathan Estrada or Alex Mendez.

Pl@ymaker and Baysider repped this.
  2. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Mendez
    http://glxy.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3944980&player=265671261
    Estrada
    http://glxy.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3944980&player=265495861

So guessing Mendez

Curious no Jorge Hernandez or Zico Bailey.

Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think this is kinda cool.
    At the youngest levels of the academy, FCD kids play a lot of futsal these days. Particularly in the winter. We always talk about futsal being a good opportunity for kids this age, and a number of our academies are following thru.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is good to see as I think it's better for development than indoor soccer.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FCD continuing to expand efforts in the state.

RGV is in Houston's territory, so I'm not yet clear what avenues are available to the club to bring RGV prospects to Frisco. Then again, Christian Cappis is from Houston and there he is in the FCD academy. I think there's a lot to these homegrown territories that I don't understand.

[​IMG]

It should unquestionably be the Dynamo partnering with Golazo, and not FCD. Asleep at the wheel?

Why the investment?

With a population of more than 1.3 million, this South Texas-Mexico border region has the highest concentration of people between the ages of 18 and 24 in North America and an overall average of 34 percent of people are under the age of 18.

TxEx, TarHeels17 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

C-Rob, ckajMonet and bballshawn repped this.
  7. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's like 90+% hispanic. The Valley is exactly where a concerted Hispanic outreach initiative should be. In fact if D3 is smart a pod of 8-10 teams in Brownsville, McAllen, Laredo, Corpus Christi, Austin/San Marcos/San Antonio, Del Rio, San Angelo, Midland/Odessa, El Paso, and Las Cruces, NM should be a hotbed to recruit from and I would imagine embrace their local teams. Getting 5k or so shouldn't be that hard in those communities.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Another merger in Texas. Just as a reference, VIctor Ulloa is from Wylie. Solar, by the way, is no longer referred to as Solar Chelsea. Reggie Cannon was a Solar player, as were a host of players folks would know. Recent Rapids draftee and former USYNTer Alan Winn was a Solar player.

Pl@ymaker and TCS35 repped this.
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My kids team tried to recruit him when he was a year younger at around 10-11 years old. I think he was someone on the teams cousin. He was super quick back then and I'd forgotten about him.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    GA cup starting back up today -

Nyeman is healthy again -

Don't see how this level is competitive enough for a player like Bello, they won 7-0 -

12. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Diego Lopez had two assists -

Scally and Reyna started for NYC, Martinez who played as a RB at the recent U-18 camp was deployed as a dmid, game ended 2-1 -

Have a feeling NYCFC is about to announce Reyna signed a HG deal as they just started following him on instagram

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Gabe Segal now at DC United?

NE should be embarrassed by that result. Hopefully it gets them to take their academy more seriously.

Deedson Vixamar who scored a lot of those goals hasn't played any games in the USSDA this season. I'm pretty sure he's an '01. Having googled his name, it seems like he came to the USA at 14 from Haiti, he would now be 16 or 17 (if he's an '01). He's done well in the GA Cup games for Atlanta. I don't know why he's not on their USSDA roster, but there's evidently a reason.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
  15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    It seems he's been here less than 3 years, his parents are still in Haiti. Might not even have a green card.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You don't think European's regional youth set up doesn't lead to alot of 8-0 scores too. Nature of the beast. We do need to maximize competitive games but not think they won't happen. Recent Konrad de la Fuente result in Spain.
    Barcelona Juvenil B, 8
    Josep Maria Gené, 0

WrmBrnr and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure Segal has been there since the summer.

18. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    My feelings that Bello needs a higher challenge than what's offered playing in U-17 games doesn't have much to do w/ the scoreline. It could have ended 4-4 and I would have said the same thing though I can understand how my post made it look like that's what was being implied

SUDano repped this.
  19. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You mentioned it with the score not after a 4-4 tie or after their loss 4-0 to Philadelphia. This is the GACup where teams bring their best U17 teams. Looks like NE is the outlier here. No big deal. A few games where he plays other MLS U17 teams. He plays most of his games now in DA with their U18-19s. One 7-0 score vs NE won't damage him as a player just like Konrad de la Fuente won't crumble with his recent 8-0 win.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    I feel like I remember seeing tweets months ago saying he had joined the academy but it could have just been this tweet back in august -

Anyways, he was DCUs lone goal scorer in the 2-1 loss to NYC today. Reyna scored the two against -

Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. ckajMonet