2017-18 Bundesliga Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Who will win the BL this season?

1. Echte Liebe (BVB)

2. Mia san Scheiße (Muncheat)

3. Dosenscheiße (RB Leipzig)

4. Software-Spinner (Hoff)

5. Andere Verein (some other club)

6. Mir ist es scheiß egal (don't care)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two wins in a row and we might just come 2nd in the BL. Then again with Stöger as coach and his affinity for Castro, it might all go to shit and we end up coming 5th.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who cares right? They won the Meisterschaft.

Disgusting and deplorable. How do you Bayern fans who don't stand up to this, sleep at night??

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jonas Hector is apparently going to transfer to BVB. I hope this is the end of Schmelzer's time here. Cannot wait to see that lil weasel gone.

BVBFNM and MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also BVB want to sign Michy permanently and Chelsea are asking for 50M. I guess with them not playing in the CL, Michy wants to GTFO of there.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really, really hope so. Schmelzer needs to ******** off asap.

50m for Bats seems fair.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not overly convinced of Michy. Maybe he is young. Maybe he needs a better coach. Maybe I am comparing him to Lewandowski in his prime too much.

7. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    In their respective Year 24 seasons they had the following stats:

Lewandowski 2013/2014: 48 Games 28 Goals 14 Assists

Batshuayi 2017/2018: 40 Games 21 Goals 3 Assists

But keep in mind that Bats played a total of 2329 minutes while Lewandowski played almost twice as many minutes at 4190 yet still scored only 7 less goals. It definitely shows that Bats is never going to be a playmaking forward but he scores just fine. I definitely would want to see Michy with a Nagelsmann or even Favre, coaches who could get the best out of all the players.

MtnGardener repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hector extends his contract in Cologne which should end the rumors of our interest in him. Interesting guy. He stays where he feels comfortable and rather plays in the 2. Bundesliga when he could easily go to clubs that offer more in terms of money and success.

Not sure whether the club sees Guerreiro and Akanji as our LB options for the next season. Leaving out Schmelzer in the last game apparently wasn't only a purely performance related decision. Zorc mentioned there was a lack of trust he could help the team and his body language is also seen negatively. I usually don't care about body language discussions (Özil is a prime example), but particularly after his mistake against Schalke, his disastrous body language and lack of leadership as the captain stuck out for me as well.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why....how could you compare Schmelzer to Ozil?!?! Apart from a couple of lucky crosses throughout his career this tool hasnt done anything to kiss Ozils boots.

If Kicker is to be believed about the list of 9 players then MS is done at BVB. And I really hope he is.

10. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I read somewhere that Tuchel might be interested in Weigl and Guerreiro. If you could get something out of Guerriero that seems like a no brainer to me. I like him as a player but he stays on the injury report. Take the money and try and get a serviceable CL level fullback that can be available most games.

Schmelzer should retire, he is done.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It wasn't meant as a comparison of their abilities, I was just pointing out that I'm usually not a fan of body language discussions but sometimes they are warranted. Özil was often a target for his body language. In his case, it's something I never agreed with because some players are just like that and it isn't something that is influencing his game. In Schmelzer's case, that was different, because it was so infuriating to see this hopeless and defeated body language from the captain.

12. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    According to various reports, Reus will be made captain for next season. Rectifying another one of the tactical genius' screw-ups (it was Tuchel's idea to name Schmelzer captain in case anyone here forgot). It could also mean we are indeed getting rid of Schmelzer.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    because Reus couldnt stay healthy.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sokratis likely leaving for England according to Build+.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boateng is considering leaving Bayern. Oh man if we could have pried away Hummels that would be awesome.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How in the blue fücking hell is Köln keeping Timo Horn and Jonas Hector to play in 2. Liga while we couldn't keep Miki, Hummels, Gundogan, Götze, Lewandowski and Kagawa despite CL football?!?!

Can we swap our mgmt with theirs???

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That is more due to the loyalty of these players. All of our guys left for various reasons (money, fame, follow the dream they had as kids) and they simply didn't have this loyalty. There isn't much Köln could have offered if Hector decided he wants to double his wages. Similarly, Reus extended twice when we were in tough situations.

19. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neither Hector or Horn are worldclass players - Hummels, Lewa, Gundo are.... and Miki is close when his mind is right.

dips82 repped this.
  20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Should we go after Max Meyer? Directly of course since we want to have nothing to do with his agent.

TimBenneth repped this.
  21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And its Lucian Favre....to be announced after CL qualification.

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That’s huge...hopefully Aki doesn’t f**k it all up like he did with Tuchel.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Apparantly Augsburg's Hitz will join us on a free transfer. Decent goalie. Not an upgrade over Bürki but it also shouldn't be a considrable drop off in quality when he plays.

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Does Sarri speak German? If the answer is no then forget about him Slash. Rule number one for BVB is the coach must be fluent in German. As for Favre I must say he's an underwhelming choice. He may have European experience but has never made a deep run, plus he doesn't strike me as a win-at-all-costs guy, which IMO is a crucial trait.