2017-18 Bundesliga Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Who will win the BL this season?

1. Echte Liebe (BVB)

2. Mia san Scheiße (Muncheat)

3. Dosenscheiße (RB Leipzig)

4. Software-Spinner (Hoff)

5. Andere Verein (some other club)

6. Mir ist es scheiß egal (don't care)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Mislintat is officially gone, and apparently getting paid $1.8M a year with Arsenal.

In other news, Bild is reporting that Bosz has two more games to turn this ship around. If we lose Tuesday and in the Derby..... say goodbye.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would it be offensive to hope you lose both games?

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No. Trust me when I say I'm conflicted......

chewz, y-lee-coyote and Cris 09 repped this.
  4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's crazy, why throw those two games away? And even if Bosz somehow flukes a result in one or even both games (he wont) it changes nothing long term imo.

Dortmund needs a new coach and a new CEO urgently. Action needs to be taken immediately on both fronts before the season falls to pieces completely. No other solution will solve the problem.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mislintat puts the reason for getting interested in other clubs on his dispute with Tuchel when he got cut off from other staff and the players. How much of that is an excuse, no one knows, but he mentioned that he had other offers before and was never interested in leaving Dortmund.

I wish all involved could have sat together after the last season like adults to find common ground and bury the old fights. Surely we would be in a better position had we kept both instead of losing both.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my opinion, winning those two matches does not mean the coach should stay.

chewz, Obsidian and Liquid1010 repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This. It is not about results in individual matches, it is about the long term prospects and development of the team and individual players. There is already enough evidence to suggest that under Bosz's tactics the team will not develop collectively or individually and has ZERO chance of winning a trophy. That is unacceptable.

8. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just watching the prematch press conference today and listening to Bosz explain how BVB played a very good game after giving up that early goal against VFB is infurtiating. We were terrible throughout all but perhaps 15min of that match.....

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bad coaches are normally delusional......

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Mislintat was banned from the training ground. He wasn't allowed to have contact with players and colleagues he had grown close to over the years. That was a bad move by TT. So even after management fired TT over that, if Sven still leaves for 1.8M which BVB can easily pay, whose fault should it be if not Watzkes unbearably poor management skills?

I don't see how we will beat Spurs. S04 look stronger than us. PB needs to be fired immediately. He should have been fired after the Nikosia draws. If not then after the Bayern defeat for sure.

I presume and hope like hell BVB is giving him time because they're lining up replacements.

hava and MatthausSammer repped this.
  11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BVB Twitterverse is on fire.

Matthaus takes a dig at Schmelzer. He's right. Marcel is incompetent on the pitch, in the locker room and everywhere else.

Obsidian repped this.
  12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schmelzer has materially regressed on the pitch over the last 18months, and I believe his actions at the close of last season cost him some respect both on and off the field. He and Sahin just seem to want to live off past glories....

Obsidian repped this.
  13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What past glory does Schmelzer have?

14. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The club backed him over TT and fired TT. so what does he want? Maybe this is an excuse

There are also rumors linking Zorc to Arsenal. Why not Watzke?

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    TT was fired months ago. The club took his side and he's still leaving. The speculation is that the club either treated him poorly during TTs tenure or is still treating him poorly.

It's a big loss and I hope we replace him appropriately.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It might be an excuse but it might be true, even though TT is gone.

I know from personal experience that things can go from "this being the place I want to retire," to "this is not the place I thought" it was pretty damned fast. When it does, it is time to move on, things will never be the same. No matter how hard you try it just isn't the same, and you slowly realize it never will be.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  17. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Question becomes - who is available to replace Bosz that we can build on?

My number one choice would be Nagelsmann, and I would offer Hoffenheim a solid chuck of change to get him. Even then, I highly doubt he joins us, as he is probably being eyed for the job at Bayern.

The next option may be Enrique, but I'll admit that I don't know too much about him. Language would be a barrier, but it's more important to find a manager that has the right tactical approach, and you can always work through a translator.

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Tuchel was eventually fired and Mislintat got a promotion but it seems Mislintat was the only one who got punished when the dispute happened by limiting his access to the training ground and the players. The club had to make a choice in an attempt to keep both but if I were in Mislintat's shoes, I would have been pissed about both Tuchel and the management and I would have started looking for another environment as well.

19. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I still don't get it. If the atmosphere was so toxic between TT and Mislintat and TT requested that he doesn't want to see Mislintat in training, that has to be respected because he is the coach and you have to dance to his tune until you find his replacement, same way Bayern fired Wolfhart Muller when Pep didn't like him.

At the right time, which was End of season they got rid of TT and backed Mislintat. Basically BVB is now looking stupid for backing him over TT when they ended up losing both. Maybe if they backed TT all the way Mislintat would leave but TT would still be here

Is Zorc also leaving?

20. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Well this season certainly spiraled out quickly. I don't know why Peter Bosz is still around to be honest. Pride ? Watzke not wanting to accept that he has made a mistake with his appointment choice especially after the Tuchel debacle left people questioning that decision ?

Why not go for Marco Silva of Watford, Luis Enrique is still available, Ancelloti, hell, I think at this point perhaps even Lucien Favre might be available (I know he hasn't done too well this season, but playing in Europe with a team like Nice's does take it's toll) although perhaps Favre is not the best candidate after all ?

I really don't understand what's happened at Dortmund. When did the team descend into bickering and infighting, and management more worried about entrenching their own positions at the club instead of trying to win trophies and football matches. When did Watzke become so tepid and complacent that with Dortmund top of the table by a wide margin earlier in the season, he can come out and say 'Well, when Bayern get their groove back, they will be clear favourites to win the Bundesliga'. Where has all the fight gone ?

This team is a shambles, Auba has grown too comfortable and just doesn't seem to care anymore. Hell, the whole team doesn't seem to care anymore. Horrible tactics. Where Tuchel was running around changing things up and reverting to a 5-2-3, Bosz seems unable to adapt and insists on a 4-3-3 that is unsuitable. Mislintat gone. Unless something is done, I'm afraid this is going to be a long season.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe an experienced interim coach for the remainder of the season. It would give management the time necessary to vet their options and negotiate with the right candidates.

The worst thing that can be done now is make a snap decision and again regret it by bringing in the wrong coach.

TimBenneth repped this.
  23. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the worst thing can happen right now is to keep losing with Bosz. They have too much talent to relegated, and most of the goals for this season are now beyond reach.

Time for a change unless they are willing to ride or die with this guy. They need a new coach before the ruckrunde, so they can have a plan going into the summer window.

24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think most of the players have given up on Bosz and their body language wont win anything

You cant get a good coach mid season as you have very few options. Fire Bosz, get an old hand to steady the ship hope he makes top 4 for next year CL and carefully look for a new coach

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You can. Bayern just did it, and Madrid did it the year they won the CL with ZIdane. Not to mention the countless smaller teams that do it. A caretaker manager at least has a chance of making top 4. Bosz has none, unless Reus comes back early.