2017-18 Bundesliga Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Who will win the BL this season?

1. Echte Liebe (BVB)

2. Mia san Scheiße (Muncheat)

3. Dosenscheiße (RB Leipzig)

4. Software-Spinner (Hoff)

5. Andere Verein (some other club)

6. Mir ist es scheiß egal (don't care)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And here we go. No Thomas Tuchel at the helm but wishing Peter Sylvester Bosz all the best. Sound out to the following:

- Welcome Mo Dahoud, Max Phillip and Dan Axel Zagadou
    - Hope Mario Götze gets back his best form and supersedes it
    - Looking forward to having Marco Reus and Julian Weigl back ASAP

chewz repped this.
  2. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    We will be lucky to qualify for CL.

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kicker reporting that Sokratis will be staying at BVB, and may sign an extension.

They are also reporting, unsurprisingly, that Ginter is on his way to BMG shortly.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just hope they put in a buy back clause. You never know with Ginter. He looks above average now and still not worthy of a spot in our roster but who knows what the future holds.

5. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Why so negative? I wouldn't worry if both Auba and Dembele go. We'll get a lot of cash, pay our players better and buy some interesting footballers, wouldn't mind more experience.
    We'll still have plenty of quality, even with the players we have now.
    Dembele is a great player, might become a great star, but can also end up as second Ballotteli.
    That will also give bigger room to Pulisic, who, to my opinion, is more devoted BVB man, more mentally stable and near the same quality.
    And finally, I don't undersrand what you guys have against Subotic, he's always better than Ginter or Toprak
    Look forward to the new season, and what PB get's out of the team. I'm deffinitely positive, last season was far from good, so it can't be worse!

6. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    BVB kauft am häufigsten in 1.Bundesliga ein​

2013 Mario Götze, 2014 Robert Lewandowski und 2016 Mats Hummels: Innerhalb von drei Jahren hat der FC Bayern Borussia Dortmund drei Stammspieler abgeworben. „Bayern kauft die Liga kaputt“ wurde in den TM-Foren und sozialen Medien zu einer gern verwendeten Phrase – manchmal ernst gemeint und manchmal mit einem Augenzwinkern. Und das, obwohl kein anderer Klub sich öfter bei der Konkurrenz bedient als der BVB.

Was für die Schwarz-Gelben die Abgänge in Richtung München sind, sind für zahlreiche andere Klubs die Wechsel nach Dortmund. Der Vergleich der aktuellen Erstligisten zeigt, dass kein Verein sich häufiger in Deutschlands Fußball-Oberhaus bedient als die Borussia und auch kein Klub dafür tiefer in die Tasche greift. Heißt: es wurden keine Talente, sondern größtenteils Stammspieler geholt.

14 Profis sind stand heute im BVB-Kader der Saison 2017/18, die von Teams kamen, die in dieser Spielzeit erstklassig sind. Alleine in diesem Sommer wurden mit Maximilian Philipp (Freiburg), Mahmoud Dahoud ( Gladbach) und Ömer Toprak (Bayer) drei Spieler für 44 Millionen Euro verpflichtet – insgesamt ließ sich der BVB seine 14 Zugänge aus der Bundesliga über die Jahre 167 Mio. Euro kosten, lediglich Lukasz Piszczek kam 2010 ablösefrei von der Hertha.

Am liebsten bediente sich Sportchef Michael Zorc dabei in Freiburg: Den Anfang machte 2014 Matthias Ginter, 2015 folgte Roman Bürki, ehe Philipp 2017 das SC-Trio komplettierte. Der BVB könnte 2017/18 sogar eine ganze Startformation aus Spielern ins Rennen schicken, die von anderen Bundesliga-Klubs abgeworben wurden. Dabei würden Eigengewächs Götze, der 2016 von den Bayern zurückkehrte und Ginter, der vor einem Wechsel nach Gladbach steht, sogar auf der Bank sitzen.

[​IMG]

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why are you posting this again? Thought we were done and dusted with this.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Former head of La Masia to join Peter Bosz as assistant.

9. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats an interesting connection, but with how much young talent we have coming through this could be a good move

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Training starts on Friday. Mario Götze will be involved from start to finish for all of the activities. As per Zorc.

kbvb repped this.
  11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Raphael Gurreiro has a bruised, not fractured ankle.

Not sure why it took so long to determine that.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The extent of his injury was actually determined the next day after that game or not long after that but apparantly didn't make as much news.

In regards to the new players, maybe others have followed the U21 Euro as well for Dahoud and Philip. Overall, I didn't see 50% of the german games, but I expected those two would be able to shine more at a level that should have been below them with the exception of the top teams. In my opinion, Dahoud was disappointing and was dropped completely after the group stage. Philip saw almost no time during the group games but was used after that. It was a small sample size but his finishing looked very unpolished at times. He was also sacrificed as a work horse in the final to disrupt Spain's buildup. He reminds me a little bit of Werner and it would be great if he could reach a similar level.

z0mb1e repped this.
  13. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    subotic and gotze was seen during the first training. new signing zagadou and toprak too. merino,philipp,and dahoud will join after the japan tour as they take a break after u-21 euro.

z0mb1e repped this.
  14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The key to this season for me is to still be in contention come January when Weigl/Reus come back and the new manager/players have more time to gel.

Also keeping Auba is vital.

I am quite excited about the team. The youngsters like Pulisic, Dembele, Weigl etc have now got a taste of winning and want more.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Bosz will need to have the team fully bought-in and ready to go on day one ifwe're going to even be competitive in the Bundesliga.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think with the addition of DAZ, Max and most importantly Mo, PB has a much more complete and well rounded squad than TT ever had. PB can easily bench Toprak, Schurrle, Rode and Castro. The depth and talent in this squad is something JK and TT never ever enjoyed. Winning the title should be a priority afaiac.

17. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Guerreiro out for a few months dammit.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3 - 4 months. Portugual NT doctor said it was a bruise. BVB doctor identified a break so had it operated upon today. So Weigl, Reus and Gurreiro, 3 of our most important players are out injured.

19. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Life is grim.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm worried most about Raphael and JW missing time. JW has been absolutely instrumental the last two seasons and we all saw what happened when Raphael missing time last year. Götze, Dahoud, PEA, Sokratis, Bürki and co are going to have to hold down the fort for awhile.

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PB is not going to expedite Götze into the squad. Apparently, he didn't allow him to take part in every single training exercise since Saturday. His intro will be slow and calculated.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now you are right about the second part. Amazing how one medical professional can see a fracture when the other cannot. As a result, Passlack will have to stay and I hope he can make the next step by getting more minutes.

Anyways, with Rapha, Reus and Weigl out for quite some time, I'll be content with CL qualification. Other experienced players like Schürrle and Rode have to start to justify their fees.

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Summer isn't over, but I'm disappointed we haven't got them or the likes of Park off our books yet.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PB will slowly allow MG to acclimatise. He won't play in the test match today.

According to German media (I just read RN and Frankfurter Allgemeine), he impressed a lot the past few days.

25. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So far we are losing to RW Essen (1:2 at the half).........