2017-18 Breakout Youngster

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Patrick167, May 23, 2017.

1. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed it!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read an interview of Dempsey, it says if whomever is the coach ask him to play, he will accept the call no matter his age. That is a nice way of saying he still wants the title.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    By the way, de la Torre also played for Fulham yesterday to good reviews................

Also more to add on to the Dallas-based midfield discussion. Midfielders based from just one metro area are having an impact across the USMNT and USYNTs.

[I personally would say Ferreira is more of a winger/forward, but the rest are central midfielders of one type or another. Also a bunch more DFW central midfielders in MLS like Lee Nguyen, Victor Ulloa, Dillon Powers, etc..

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Is Parks a central/attacking midfielder? I thought he was a CB.

5. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

7. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    As long as each of them can complement our Captain MB90, the team should be pretty good moving forward. So happy we had no need for all of them the last 2-4 qualifiers in favor of experience. Yay experience!

Patrick167 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of those is not like the others. I like Adams but he's not in the same class of player as McKennie and Gonzalez.

Parks showed yesterday for Benfica he's closer to that class than Adams. Those two and Williams would be superior.

Adams' work rate, lightening in a bottle style while not being that technical/skillful projects to fullback anyway.

Pl@ymaker and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  9. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juan Torres started today for Lokeren...Shaq Moore gets the nod again too. However, Horvath is on the bench.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Dallas,

We're good on midfielders, please start pumping out left backs
    Thanks 'Merica

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously not as big of a club as Dortmund, Schalke, Levante, or Benfica, but Jonathan Amos, an 18 year old winger, is getting minutes now for Nordsjælland.

LouisZ, Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  12. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #387 LouisZ, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Are you sure, I just went to the team's website roster and his name didn't come up. I also checked other sites for Jonathan Amos and... NADA.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Amon

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  14. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I found him. He is another kid that didn't go through the DA route but moved to Copenhagen at 15. Let's see how quickly progresses.

Anderson11, Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  15. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amon did play in the DA, he didn't move to Copenhagen, and he wasn't 18 when he moved to Denmark.

Amon moved from South Carolina to his club in Denmark this past summer, after he turned 18.

Amon used to play in the DA for South Carolina Battery, but the club left the DA after the 2015-16 season.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publi...n-battery-leaves-development-academy-cit.html

With the departure of SC Battery, the closest DA programs to Charleston, SC are in Charlotte, Atlanta, and Jacksonville.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure? I was going by the report stated in the previous posts.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #392 Clint Eastwood, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    A kid we should probably keep more of an eye on in terms of our breakout youngsters.

There are articles out there that indicate he moved to Europe at 15 (like the linked one below). That doesn't make sense..................as we know. Even if he had a Euro passport he couldn't move to Denmark at 15. So I can understand the confusion here.

http://www.journalscene.com/sports/amon-lives-the-dream/article_5f297b8e-788e-11e7-815e-8fbddd70a643.html

ussoccer97531 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rough weekend for some of the breakouts. McKennie was subbed off at 33 with Schalke. Tedesco’s tactical plan was for McKennie and Meyer to disrupt upfield and create chances on breakaways. When that did not work, McKennie was subbed out as part of the tactics reset.

Shaq Moore was part of a defense that got thumped 5-0 by Atlético in Valencia. Moore was... not good. His youthful ball watching was exposed on goals 3 and 4, and his turnover led to goal 5. Here is to hoping he gets a chance to recover.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #394 Ceres, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Playing for FC Nordsjælland is comparable to playing for a reinforced Danish youth NT ... besides old man Mitiliga who is their captain and Ernest Asante, the rest of their starting 11 are between 18 and 23 and all youth NT players ... including their Icelandic NT keeper and Croatian U21 NT right back/midfielder.

[​IMG]

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-nordsjaelland/startseite/verein/2778/saison_id/2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Nordsjælland#Current_squad

Namdynamo, ussoccer97531 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wow!!! They're 3rd in the Superliga with a team that young?! That's impressive.

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    FCN is by far the most skillful attractive playing Superliga team in Denmark ... so you do not get to play for them if you do not have the skills to play a "Spanish" short passing style of football ... but due to the very young age of their players and them often selling their top talents during the season, more experienced teams like FC København, Midtjylland and Brøndby are more likely to win the Championship ... but they do have the quality and more better skilled young players ...

They btw also have a Spanish assistant coach and a Spanish performance analyst in their coaching staff ...

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Being 6’4 has nothing to do with his playmaking ability

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    ussoccer97531 repped this.
  24. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say it was. I was just stating his physical attributes, you don't normally see a playmaker in midfield that is 6'4.
    And from the looks of it, his passing skills are excellent, great vision and touch. His best attributes had to be his reading of the game, very smart player.

25. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it was a quality goal, not a tap-in. He moved inside the defender and held the challenge from him and put the ball into the right corner, all done within a 25-yard sprint challenge. Impressive for an 18 y.o. kid.