2016 Women's College Cup Being Moved

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by GopherBob, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Have it in Charlottesville: Good field, great campus and soccer community, central location--the event would be packed, even without UVa. Virginia has a lot of GOP boobs in the legislature, too, I'm afraid--but I don't think they've yet got round to passing a bathroom law. (It's probably on the near-term agenda, after they try to loosen gun laws for the 10th time and look again for new ways to restrict abortion. Old Men, Fighting Old Battles!)

uncchamps2012 and Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. luvthegame

luvthegame Member

Oct 17, 2005
    So Orlando City is getting the 2016 College Cup. I just looked at the site and saw the live construction video feed. Wow there is a lot to do in the next 2 months..... I am guessing they will get it done but go look at the feed and give your opinion everyone.

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #103 Cliveworshipper, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

Link?
    http://www.orlandocitysc.com/stadium/stream

What I see is open girders, which would make Rio seem like a casual schedule in comparison.

Yikes.

4. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot to do in such a short period of time.

Maybe they have OC Camping Stadium as a back-up plan? They just don't want to put it out there yet since it is a turf field....gives people less time to complain..

5. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So is this just speculation? NCAA shows they will announce in October.

6. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Just what we need--another event in Orlando. What, they don't have enough going on in Orlando already? Good grief. And assuming Orlando is selected, the field would be turf....because that's all the could do on short notice? I say BS. Pick another location and a field with grass.

7. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    They'd love to go to Orlando to exploit the nightclub tragedy. They'll just play it in the football stadium like the lacrosse championships.

8. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Holmes - Go Away! What the hell are you talking about. Orlando club tragedy? Is that what your am radio is telling you? Or maybe aliens have taken over your internet connection. Keep your conspiracy theories to your emails with your crazy uncle.

hykos1045 repped this.
  9. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    FWIW - the d3 folks have said they are announcing their site selection on October 7th. I am still betting 2 cents on Houston the weekend before the men's event at BBVA.

10. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    W in T everloving F? Please, stick to soccer. This is just stupidly ridiculous at this point. Moderator?

hykos1045, Soccerhunter, Eddie K and 2 others repped this.
  11. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    They aren't moving it to Orlando - they already moved it FROM Orlando.

Orlando was the original host for this season. They backed out when they couldn't get the venue finished in time - that's why it was moved to NC.

Nacional Tijuana and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  12. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Where is the moderator?

hykos1045 and Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  13. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    The ACC has announced that its women's and men's soccer tournament championship will be held in Charleston, South Carolina.

Would 5100 seats be enough for the NCAA too?

14. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 5100 would be more than enough to hold the women's final since there would be no showcase taking place. Beautiful city, not sure it should host a national final.

15. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not sure? College Station did, Austin did, San Jose did, Greenville did ....

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Blackbaud or now MUSC Health stadium is actually a perfect fit for the NCAA soccer finals.
    I've seen the USWNT play there against Mexico as well as many Battery games over the years.
    Lots of parking and easy to get to. Maybe they can add seating. Why not?

However, I love all soccer events in Orlando. I go to a theme park and a soccer game. Love it!

17. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  18. wsoc2008

wsoc2008 Member

Aug 27, 2008
    So let me get this straight... You don't like Virginia because it is relatively right leaning. If you are a member of the GOP, you are a "boob". You think the gun issue is important to the transgender bathroom issue. You are against old men, and you are pro-abortion. Wow! You covered a lot of ground. Very bitter person. No doubt Godwin's Law will kick in any moment in another of your comments.

The left is really helping sports, I noticed. Do you think the liberal bias of the NCAA will not affect soccer? Just look at American Football. NFL viewing is down dramatically since the left thought sports is a good place for politics. Down 14% with the 18-49% demographic. Evidently, a lot of folks don't like having that stuff shoved in their face and they are consumers too. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-give-away-ads-as-nfl-viewership-declines

19. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I stopped watching the NFL in the last few years because of the way the league handled domestic abuse and lied about concussions. Oh and there's only like 4 good quarterbacks in the entire league. Kinda hard to get excited by a Blaine Gabbert-Ryan Fitzpatrick matchup. I couldn't care less about the protests or 'politics'; the actual football has become shitty and the league itself is shady.

20. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So look at me! I called it and I am happy happy happy. Avaya is a great venue, with a ton of very competetive youth soccer that will be out to support the final four. This a great decision by the NCAA. Great venue, great town and typically great weather. Woo hoo
    http://www.ncaa.com/championships/soccer-women/d1