2016 USOC [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, May 19, 2016.

1. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Mr. Twellman, you can be all high and mighty about "he pulled his arm down," but there's no way the AR could've seen that with a body in the way. He saw a player fall and guessed that he'd been pulled down. The replay doesn't bear that out. Crap call.

Taylor, grow a set and call a flop a flop.

rkupp and firstshirt repped this.
  2. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Okay, going to watch the rest of the game, but done posting for now....

3. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Um...Goncalves clamped the guys arm and pulled him down. Can't debate that. What can be debated is that the guy probably hooked Goncalves' arm to begin with, so it was a tit for tat. That's why it's not called much.

MM66 repped this.
  4. b_twice

b_twice New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Watson came into the game with a injured groin and hasn't practiced since coming back from international duty and Jay thought he could go full 90. You just won 2 in a row,why change the backline. Jay is a MORON!!!!!

5. fundip

fundip Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What a waste of my ********ing time. Dont have ESPN News and ESPNs app doesn't work so i miss the first 30 minutes. Then i watch our players roll on the ground for 20 minutes. And Dallas scores two goals. So stupid. So so stupid.

6. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice that they're talking about concussion awareness - 'cause we'll need help after banging our heads against the wall watching this defense.

7. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Sorry, I'm back...that didn't even look like a foul, much less like a yellow for Woodberry....

8. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree that they had each other's arms. Didn't see Goncalves pull him down. If a guy pulls you down, you fall toward him, not spin out of control while throwing out your outside arm.

9. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adrian explained it in the halftime analysis "Goncalves had ahold of his jersey." OK, you're just a blatant referee apologist.

10. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas handles the ball, fouls Caldwell and goes on the break, maybe we can use our last sub on Toldeo?

teskicks repped this.
  11. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, this is a beatdown.

Caldwell's getting mugged and the central defense is getting shredded.

12. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    4-1. Game over. Our luck ends. Revs front office will explain this away saying we were screwed because of injuries. They likely won't note that Dallas lost Fabian Castillo to a transfer and still handled us easily due to their depth.

Dallas has 3 more players on their roster than we do... cheating!

goussoccer, RevsLiverpool and MM66 repped this.
  13. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Baldemero, pick one, he pushed Caldwell over, then he handled the ball. Guess you missed it. Holy Toledo!

14. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But those infractions cancelled each other out. Two wrongs make a no call, right?

15. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great steal by Agudelo on the ball boy after his goal

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  16. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like that Kamara and Agudelo are playing as double target men in an effort to bully the team back into the game.

17. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Is it wrong that I want to blame the WNBA for this loss?

TheLostUniversity and Revs in 2010 repped this.
  18. fundip

fundip Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It coulda been worse

revolution1776 repped this.
  19. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    we were overmatched. Agudelo had a monster game. Loved his commitment. But... Dallas has only 1 empty roster spot, which they're apparently filling with Carlos Ruiz in the next 48 hours. They have 7 coaches on staff. They have a head coach with 7 years of experience as an assistant coach before he was hired as a head coach. In short, they are run more professionally than the Revs and they are deserved winners.

20. RoyNJ

RoyNJ Member

Sep 23, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to stay positive as the season is not over. I would say offensively, we really looked more dangerous than this team has in a very long time. We had more than a couple of decent chances in the second half but only one went in. Kamara at least gives us a target player for crosses, we haven't had a tall target player on offense in quite some time. It will make us more dangerous on corners and set pieces. I think we have a chance if we can get in the playoffs. Montreal is there for the taking this weekend.

Dr. Sneezy repped this.
  21. jrandinho

jrandinho Member

Sep 17, 2000
    MASS
    2016 US Open Cup Final:

1/5 stars
    I did not like this program and will not recommend it to my family and friends. Cliche and far too reliant on old tropes (Revs lose final, Revs take lead and then lose final, etc). Please try something more creative next time.

22. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Yes, it is wrong.

This.

We have a lot of nice 'pieces' but no real difference maker nor real cohesion. I will say that I saw more attempts at short tikki-taka soccer from us last night, but 'attempts' we were never able to pull it off. Dallas pressured us all over the field and we coughed it up over and over and over. That points to a talent disparity. We know it, Dallas knew it --- when will our front office know it?

23. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the most important thing coming out of this is Koffie's health. If he's out for any period of time, whatever flickering hope we my have had for the playoffs is gone.

24. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo scoring and stealing the ball from the ball boy, who is completely unaware, is how I will forever remember this game. I can anyone find a Gif of it?

Attached Files:

25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    775904570421772288 is not a valid tweet id

TheLostUniversity and Doublecard repped this.