2016 US Elections and General Politics. Please, keep it civil:)

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Dave46, Feb 16, 2016.

1. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Can you imagine what German subways, alleys and parks would look like if refugees were told all they need to do is conceive a baby to stay?

Germany doesn't even have same sex marriage, I wouldn't hold my breath on citizenship laws changing anytime soon again (after the incredible change in 2000).

2. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Poor external borders + anchor baby laws = USA dun goofed.

Essentially telling people: have sex with anyone just in order to have a baby so you can improve your life. I mean the last 3 pages are of how desperate and in dire need people are for survival and looky here.....all you need to do is get knocked up. The increase in underage sex and anchor baby trafficking is also a nice additions.

And we wonder how Mexico got to this point.....

3. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    You don't believe in US Constitution? Get 2/3 Republicans in Senate and House and modify the amendment.

4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:
    Dude, what the hell is that suppose yo mean? You are really deep into racism there.

bvbSlash, Raumdeuter and Dave46 repped this.
  5. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lolz he keeps on going . Skimmed through some of his garbage and it's sad to read some of it.. not because he is absolutely being racist or ignorant but the more he posts the more it shows that he is disconnected from reality and know very little about any other cultures beside his own. There is a complete lack of understanding on whats going on around him and a lack of empathy. I come from a country where we had the same slogan "_____ first" and it was a complete disaster to everyone from that country and the countries around it... oh well, I don't blame him though, he is just in hole that he chose to refuse to get out of it . No matter what we would say or any evidence we provide it won't change his mind.. because finally the system on his side now.

Dave46 and charlie15 repped this.
  6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just finished reading the Martian book (which the movie was based on) the last paragraph was gold

"If a hiker gets lost in the mountains, people will coordinate a search. If a train crashes, people will line up to give blood. If an earthquake levels a city, people all over the world will send emergency supplies. This is so fundamentally human that it's found in every culture without exception. Yes, there are assholes who just don't care, but they're massively outnumbered by the people who do."

Liquid1010 and Raumdeuter repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perhaps Germany is on the right track by not having this anchor baby law. Did that ever occur to you?

Yeah you're right same sex marriage laws are different. But homosexuals are actually pretty happy here. They'd take the awesome healthcare, almost free education, and legal and administrative protection from homophobes over gay marriage any day.

noSpinFactor repped this.
  8. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Legit question here. I'm reading a book on the solid progression of liberal democracy over the last 3 decades (subsequent to the fall of the Berlin wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union). One of the themes brought up is the male/female ratio.... and how a healthy ratio helps stabilize and drive liberal and open societies (especially if there is a slight bias to female). North America and Europe are both at a very good balance.... with just slightly more women than men.

What happens when you introduce a large population of 18-30 year old males?

noSpinFactor and bvbSlash repped this.
  9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very very interesting topic. I've tried to find a lot of reading material on this subject over the years.

I don't know what would happen if you introduced a vast majority suddenly e.g. refugees but a sex ratio well over 1 is artificial because of female infanticide in South east Asia and China. You would think it would lead to more violence, crime etc. and while it is true to an extent, there's isn't that big of a concern in China where males outnumber females by a margin equal to the population of Canada. Also in the wealthy middle east countries the ratios are high because of migrant workers.

On the flip side eastern European countries have sex ratios lower than one. It's been the case historically because of wars. After all Ussr had the most casualties in WW2 by a significant margin. But men will be men. They take more risks, eat unhealthier, are more susceptible to stress etc. and the sex ratio hasn't really climbed back up in those eastern European countries.

My personal take on this and you can ignore this if you want. It doesn't matter because of modernization and legal changes, sex ratio control is becoming less artificial. There is another factor at play. The western world is seeing a general trend towards population growth deceleration. People don't want to have kids any more or have just 1. And while psycho right wingers will have you believe that middle Eastern Muslims can't wait to pop out 10 kids, demographic figures show that the the entire middle east has a population far below than that of the US....Even if you count the Muslim immigrants as part of the middle east!

The real contributors to world population growth are also the countries that artificially control sex ie China, Indonesia and the worst culprit of all, India.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  10. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    But why should we assume that refugees are only young male? Most refugees are family units.

11. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The largest demographic amongst the refugees that have entered Europe over the last 18 months are males between 16-35. The statistics vary by Nation, but essentially 65% of all migrants are male....... and most are within a relatively narrow ago band (materially younger than the average age in European countries).

There was a great article that was put out in January by a Vice News columnist who spent some time in Sweden - specifically Malmo. He basically stated that neither the left or the right has the issue correct (not surprisingly), but that the truth is somewhere in the middle. While there aren't constant bombings and no-go zones (as the alt-right would have you believe), the violence in the city has increased dramatically - especially in the heavily immigrant areas. This violence is specifically being driven by young unemployed males (18-35).

This is why I believe that while immigration is a good thing, you need to ensure the right infrastructure is in place. The unemployment and lack of opportunity drives much of the violence; which is why simply increasing the immigration level doesn't help anyone. Having the right support and integration tools is essential (social, economic, etc.)

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy? Informative thread I came across yesterday - open in a new window to read the whole thing.

13. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes - that's the one (at least portions of it). I just hate the way both extremes latch on to this information.

Alt right - Malmo is burning, and the immigrants are destroying everything.

Extreme left - Sweden is perfect, and immigration has only helped.

Immigration can be a messy process and requires both those immigrating as well as existing residents to be part of the process. This means providing social welfare and job opportunities - however it also means requiring adherence to existing social mores.

14. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, and FWIW the Malmö story, framed in a more general model seems like a case of young men turning to gangs and crime in the absence of economic opportunity and proper oversight.

Another perspective on "assimilation" is that native citizens have the corresponding burden of adapting to changing society, with or without immigrants. Now this is more in the North American context, where IMO the real culture clash is urban elite / rural working class, but I think it would help bridge the divde if more immigrants ended up in non-urban, homogeneous (white) areas.
    http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2017/02/real-assimilation-dilemma.html

As much as I find ridiculous the American right's contention that white Christian men are some sort of persecuted class, many of them are much worse off than they were a generation or two ago. But this also underscores the fallacies of anti-refugee hysterics (well, mostly racists) jumping on stories of failed Muslim integration in Europe to defend the travel ban.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    #3216 noSpinFactor, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Racism where?
    Racism where?

I just read 3 pages of you guys lecturing me on how desperate refugees are and they will do anything to gain entry. But now I'm the racist one?

You come from a country that decided to put people in ovens. It had nothing to do with "My country first" [otherwise you would have done the same in WW1]. You think when the Soviets defeated Hitler they had an "European first" mindset? You Germans need to stop projecting your own guilt and insecurities onto other nations and cultures. Look, Germany practiced social engineering in WW2 and now they are attempting to do the same with their open invitation to the 3rd World and now pressuring [even slandering] other European nations to shoulder your extreme behavior. Enough is enough Germany.

But thanks for all the personal shots with absolutely zero rebuttal. Shame on me for expecting something of substance.

17. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    The refugees suffering in Middle Eastern/Turkish camps are mostly family units. The migrants that made the 2015 journey were mostly military aged men. Maybe you can make the argument they are hoping to unify with their family down the line but the data is clear: mostly military aged men.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's no doubt immigration boosts the economy. There's sustained evidence in N/A, Australia, UK, Germany, middle east etc. But immigrants coming in is generally a slow and controlled process. The infrastructure gets built over time, immigrants adapt, majority of their kids assimilate, if not then their grandkids.

Accepting refugees is different. You get a whole bunch of people at once who've lost friends and family, not in the right place emotionally, have had to survive by hook or crook. Likely have mental scars from recent events.

The thing is that the alt right have it wrong by a massive margin:

1. Sweden is fully able to control the civil unrest. Their police force is up to the task. They didn't have to bring in more officers, deploy the army or ask Finland for help.
    2. This is a temporary problem. These people will either find jobs, move on with life, immigrate elsewhere or even go back and rebuild their land of origin.
    3. Then there's the Sweden being the rape capital of the world. This is absolutely nonsense. The worst thing that happened was the sexual assault on women on Silvestre. That cannot be defended but the alt right doesnt seem to attack police men killing unarmed black men with the same vigour.
    4. Finally, there's also the humanitarian side of things that alt right don't even want to consider. Where are these people going to go? The Muslim countries that would accomodate them are bursting at the seams. Just look at Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. Despite not being part of the refugee convention, the wealthy middle east countries have hosted hundreds of thousands and donated more than japan, Canada, germany, Italy, Australia, france combined. Brazil govt is in turmoil so even if they could do more it's a slow process. China doesn't want any part of it. They rightfully believe the western govt are responsible for Syrian war but China is notorious for its human rights record.
    5. Prior to 2011, Syria was no Afghanistan, not even an Iran. It was a developing nation. When you have weapons manufacturers dropping money into senators pockets this kind of a crisis is hardly a surprise.

charlie15 repped this.
  19. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Spot on with the infrastructure in place point.

The main complaint about Sweden is they imported all these people - gave them free stuff and then just allowed them to isolate themselves. Cities should not be 90% Muslim. There should be integration occurring. And you should make people earn resources. Imagine you are a refugee in Sweden that is handed financial support and flats - you would assume Native Swedes have it just as easy and you would resent them/the nation for having it so easy compared to the place you left behind. You might even look at European warmongering in the region and credit that for why Native Swedes "have it so easy"

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No refugees think that. Geez, these people arent illogical, uneducated glory hunting free loaders. Don't mistake them for Bayern fans.

21. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    #3221 noSpinFactor, Feb 24, 2017
    1. Sweden is certainly capable but do they have the resolve? At the moment they seem content with allowing Muslims to seclude themselves. Many Swedes probably figure as long as the trouble is mostly concentrated on 3 cities, just avoid the mess and pretend it doesn't exist.

2. Most of the terrorist attacks over the past 2 years were by born and raised 2nd and 3rd generation Europeans. As long as Sweden keeps giving away free stuff, they will probably avoid the problems France has faced. But if the gravy train slows down - watch out. Brussels is more likely the scenario that is brewing in parts of Sweden.

3. "Rape capital" is because the classification/requirements for rape changed in Sweden. Within the past 5 years I believe. For example being groped or grabbed can qualify as rape. The focus should be on the steady increase in crime overall in Sweden over the past 40 years, as they happily took in people from the 3rd World.

4. The solution is camps in their own region. USA has a nice little scheme going - destabilize foreign nations and then "steal" their young and educated. Who will be left to rebuild Syria?

5. Gaddafi warned this migrant crisis would occur once he was eliminated and he warned the other leaders in the region that Saddam was just the first. Assad is seen in video laughing.

Gaddafi attempted to establish an African currency. At the time they were using currency backed by French treasury. USA [Obama/Hillary] are not alone in the blame.

bvbSlash repped this.
  22. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Then what/whom do you think they blame for their regions current state? It sure isn't Islam based on how they continue to practice in Europe and many are hell bent on importing the same failed cultural norms.

23. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    #3223 noSpinFactor, Feb 24, 2017
    Buddy, USA is only 65% [probably lower] White and dropping quickly. Can't blame them for much longer.

I would wager there are equal amount of White Christians in the USA as Black + Hispanic/Latino Christians in the USA.

The persecuted feelings stem from political correctness. Whites (especially males) suffer from a double standard in what can be said and how. And I have been told this many times from Asians and Hispanics. But Trump has somewhat leveled the playing field. Within our lifetime the USA will no longer be majority White, so it's just natural the double standards end now.

The fallacy by Americans is judging Europe's recent immigration policy, meanwhile the USA is Mr.Multicultural and used by most of the 1st World as a cautionary tale of what not to do. All I hear from Americans is muslims this and muslims that and yet there is a demographic in the USA that is a far bigger strain on the nation. This is what always cracks me up about Americans. They can easily be brainwashed to hate but also accept a race, religion, culture etc . Asians must be sitting back having a laugh watching America and Europe bicker at each other when it's clear Western Civilization as a whole is nose diving.

24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with the term "political correctness" in the current age is that it carries too much...political baggage and encompasses too many things. We shouldn't have to walk on eggshells to ask hard questions about culture, religion, politics, and reason. But we also shouldn't tolerate people who spew thinly disguised racism/sexism/homophobia/etc and take them seriously when they claim they are being bullied by "politically correct" college students at Berkeley or something.

Liquid1010 and noSpinFactor repped this.
  25. noSpinFactor

noSpinFactor Red Card

Nov 17, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Well put. And I would add Trump has thin skin

But our personal solution to the problem is probably complete opposite. IMO there will never be equality. Someone will always look slightly different or possess more money/possessions and then you have the whole religion problem. To me equality is when everyone can freely bash each other. And I think once the USA is no longer White this is what might occur. You will have regions of the USA dominated by certain demographics and then maybe state rights will rule everything. No longer will the White Male always be the butt of the joke in ads, hell even the ethnic mother might be criticized. I mean, it's not the picture perfect kumbaya story we were raised to hope for but well....that's multiculturalism.